Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Teratrain posted:

Can you imagine trying to do a job where the owner is standing out front, waving his dick around and yelling slurs at passers-by and then he comes in and asks why you haven't made any money

Concerning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

kazil posted:

Elon makes hundred of thousands of dollars of a month from idiots subscribing to him

Yeah but it also costs him hundreds of millions a month to operate the service, so...

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Yeah it's not like all of the laws that hosed over the planet and future generations were passed by a bunch of people with kids or anything

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

That is also all over Twitch, used by people who would not associate it with 4chan at all. I've given up on seeing that one as indicative of anything.

It's all over a lot of places. Even divorced from the chud poo poo, it's just such a tiresome meme. I'm looking forward to the day it disappears like all the proto-wojaks did

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Halisnacks posted:

So what is to be done? Saying “why not smoke cigarettes at all?” was at one point a pretty dumb and idealistic point of view, and we are now way past the point of peak cigarette use in some cultures. I’m probably a bit more passionate about it at this particular juncture because people seem willing to quit something (Twitter), so it seems like an opportune moment to ask people to question their SM use entirely. If not now, when?

The trouble really is that social media is now necessary for a lot of people to make a living. Even aside from content creators who make a living directly off the platform, artists, writers, musicians, models, etc, pretty much have to maintain a social media presence in order to have any business whatsoever. And that necessitates having a userbase of people who are just consumers to spend money on their stuff. It's certainly good for people to think about how and why they use social media, but it's not gonna go away any time soon

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Konar posted:

And then of course viciously attacking anyone who doesn't step ever so gingerly around pointing out how much it sucks

Everyone here agrees that social media sucks. The implementation sucks, the willingness of the platforms to allow fascism to thrive sucks, and the easy spread of disinformation and conspiratorial thinking sucks. But the genie isn't going back in the bottle. People want their dumbshit tiktoks of people making cereal in the toilet and that's going to continue coexisting along with artists trying to make a living. It's fundamentally changed how a lot of businesses and professions function and it's stupid to pretend that the millions of people who make their living off of it are just going to kneecap themselves on principle

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Jakabite posted:

You say this, but is it true? I know far fewer people who regularly use any form of social media now than I did five years ago. It feels to me like the wave has crested to be honest, particularly in terms of text-based social media. We’ll see how long stuff like TikTok stays around but I think the Twitter/Facebook era is going to putter out.

If/when social media dies, it's going to be because the people running it have made it unpleasant to use. It's not going to happen because the userbase is taking a stand. Facebook and twitter are losing people but those people have largely moved over to instagram and tiktok. Youtube is also absolutely massive

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

ben shapino posted:

Not gonna read a bunch of lame posts but can someone let me know if we've collectively figured out which social media sites are good and which are bad or is it just the standard "the site were posting on is so much better than all the others"?

None of them are good

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Brother Tadger posted:

Are people actually doing this, though? I’ve been reading this thread from the beginning and what I’ve seen is people saying “wow, musk is a nazi, I think I’m going to jump ship and go over to threads, that’ll make his head explode!” and then people saying “you’re just going to be giving traffic to someone who is just as bad as (or worse than) Musk/maybe you should think about whether you are addicted to social media” and then a bunch of people misinterpreting that statement in an attempt to say that they aren’t addicted to social media and actually have you thought about how important social media is to “creators” (ie. erotic fan art artists) and that you must be an old man yelling at a cloud or are also addicted to social media, etc.

I hate to break this to you, but literally every single artist of any stripe or caliber pretty much has to maintain a social media presence and being successful without it at this point requires either incredible connections or lottery-level luck

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I feel like analyzing anything dril posts for its political merit is a fool's errand. Like his whole gimmick is embodying a certain essence of idiot poster, exaggerated to the 10th degree

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

lol that Chapelle’s cutting insight was “the people booing are probably poor anyway”

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Droogie posted:

The original catturd was taken by the deep state.

I can't believe this dude has a book or at least a novella. Makes me feel bad. I don't have the drive or focus to write seriously and somehow he does? I'd it just free time?

It's not that hard to just write a book. It can be really time consuming, especially if you actually have a full time job that occupies most of your day, but that in itself isn't difficult. The hard part is writing a good book

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

boethius posted:

Regretted or unregretted?

First one, then the other

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

DickParasite posted:

You don't need to fear them. They're not apex predators they're dorks.

Sure, but a lot of them end up getting jobs that can ruin your life, like debt collection

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

emSparkly posted:

Oh gently caress the embeds say X now

If you mouse over it, though, it still says "Twitter Tweet"

20 mil+ lines of code, mate!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Songbearer posted:

God is that some 11 year old's first bitchin Minecraft construction rear end sign

Who needs things done well when you can get them done fast?

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I think it would be funny if the X sign started teetering like it was gonna fall on Musk but instead a piano falls on him and he sticks his head out and all his teeth have been replaced by piano keys and then a small mouse runs by and inexplicably plays them like a xylophone

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

MrMojok posted:

I’m a bit behind in this thread.

Are we still saying anyone who still has a twitter account should be excoriated and humiliated and shamed, and simultaneously saying anyone who works for the company on an h1b should be pardoned, or

Everyone should be put in a cartoon blender until we’re one big angular mess of limbs until a cat with a big hammer smashes us into tiny shards of glass so a mouse with a broom and dustpan can sweep the shards back into separate piles, use a rolling pin to smooth us out into flat versions of ourselves, then inflate us back to normal with a bike pump

e: in minecraft

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

you didn't by any chance get permabanned for posting your fairy torture fanfic to the minecraft mod thread did you

No I got permabanned because I drew a picture of an ordinary child on the side of a mountain and a mod ran into it

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

spunkshui posted:

“Blaze your glory” is really awkward. Wonder if BYG means anything…

Type “byg meaning gay” into google.

BYG is short for “Bury your gays.”

BYG is a currently used online acronym referencing gay characters getting killed off and having unhappy endings in tv shows.

Im sure its just a coincidence.

It is. This is borderline conspiracy theory thinking and I assure you Musk has never thought that hard about anything in his life

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

At this point I assume anyone with an account ending in _eth is a bot and I've been right pretty much every single time

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Krinkle posted:

Every time my mom complains about elon musk she brings up the sink and how he's a little poo poo who thinks he's "so funny". She believes his joke was that he's throwing everything AND the kitchen sink at twitter. It's just funny to me how not worth it is to correct her, she's already on the right page that he's a dumbass.

Your mom accidentally came up with a funnier joke than Musk did

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Cherry picking is kind of the point? Nobody gives a poo poo that the average post is total white noise. It's the thousands of posters who are openly calling for genocide unchecked that are the problem, even if they make up 1% of posts

"Look I've known you for over three months now and I only shot you once. That's like less than 1% of the time! What's the big deal? You're just trying to make me look bad"

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Sankis posted:

Grimes is an incredibly stupid person and seems easily influenced by the last thing she heard. Remember when she started dating Elon and was suddenly anti tesla unions. She also recently said the patriarchy was good because she liked some stuff in society.

I have to assume she was an industry plant with deep connections because I just cannot believe someone so stupid could make it as far as she has on their own

Her family's loaded and she did make some good music, but ultimately a lot of it boils down to being in the right place at the right time and knowing the right people

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Once you're high enough up the chain you can just hire people to do your work for you. There's no loving reason to work 60-80 hours as a CEO when you can hire 2 people to do 90% of your job

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

I feel like it would've made more sense to buy something like Whatsapp or Telegram. Makes way more sense to incorporate a cash transfer function into a messenger app. Larger userbase, too. But I guess they're technically not social media platforms and Elon wouldn't be able to have thousands of dumbasses falling over to tell him he's a smart boy everyday

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Big science doesn’t want you to know you can just replace every variable with X. X=XX^2. Take that, Einstein

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Corruption is one of those words that doesn’t mean anything when conservatives say it.

Yeah it literally just means "someone does something I don't like." They're 100% cool with actual corruption

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

bird with big dick posted:

Can someone see the number on that weight it really doesn’t look like a 45 to me but I can’t tell for sure

The numbers are deliberately not visible in the shot, and judging from the size I’d guess those are 20s or 25s at best. Admittedly, dumbbell size doesn’t necessarily correlate to weight so he could be telling the truth, but he’s not an honest man

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

rowkey bilbao posted:

Bulking up doesn't prepare you for fighting I think

No, he's thought this all through. He's just gonna get real buff and knock Zuck out in one punch. That way he doesn't have to move or tire himself out. It's weird that no serious fighter has thought to use this one trick

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

drat Musk actually appears almost likable compared to Musk, and then you remember he's dead-eyed Augustus bot

Genuinely the most hosed up thing about this is it makes me want to root for Zuck. Can't stand either of the fuckers but Musk is practically a professional heel at this point

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Thing is, Musk is overweight and by definition he's got some decent muscle under there. It just has absolutely no conditioning. If he's got like 50+ pounds on Zuck there's still a very real chance that he'll get in one lucky punch or just fall on top of him and pin him that way. Even if Zuck's been training a lot it doesn't mean he's necessarily good. It might just end up being a fight between two people who are incompetent in different ways and it'll just be extremely embarrassing to watch

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

hemale in pain posted:

why do people say this? i heard people talk about him taking roids too but he's just bloated and fat. there's a video of him curling like on the previous page lol
You can't get fat without building muscle, even just from carrying your own weight. It's genuinely easier to take some random 350lb dude and train him into a competent fighter than it is to take a really skinny dude and do the same, namely because building muscle takes a lot of time. Cut the fat and you've got a swole body underneath

Sentient Data posted:

You say that like it wouldn't be funny in its own way
The funniest outcome is Musk having a heart attack and then collapsing on Zuck who then also dies

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

FoolyCharged posted:

Yeah, no. The whole fat people have decent muscle thing is a myth. The amount they gain from carrying that extra weight is comically trivial compared to how much he's lost by virtue of sitting on his fat rear end not working out.

I dunno, man. I've seen lots of overweight dudes get into weightlifting and after a year of cutting they're all beefcakes. Can't say the same for all the underweight dudes trying to bulk up over the same time period

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

“unlike a subway... It goes directly from Point A to Point B and saves a lot of time in doing so.”

:dafuq:

Unlike a subway, it's less useful and also I've never heard of an express train

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

lol that anyone would take that at face value. "I'm not a transphobe, I'm just...uh...really concerned about fertility, yeah"

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Piff: And I think that’s the kicker. At the end of the study, we ask rich players why they inevitably won, and they don’t talk about the flip of the coin. They talk about the things that they did. They talk about their acumen, they talk about their competencies, they talk about this decision or that decision or that thing that they did.

And I think that this is a basic human bias that’s true of all of us: When something good happens to you, we — I think because of the cognitive machinery that we’re equipped with — think about the things that we did that contributed to that success. And we see that in people who win in all walks of life. When you’re winning, you think about the things that you did to help you win. The problem is, that bias writ large, at least in the domain of inequality, it can get people who are winning at the game of life — who have more money, who have more privilege, who have more power — to think about their resources as things that they deserve, to be less likely to think that inequality is a problem because after all, they deserve what they have, and as a result, to be less willing to do things about it, to be less willing to contribute to people who have less, to be less willing to behave in ways that are compassionate, that help the needs of those who have less than they do.[/i]

It's extremely funny that you can have a situation where one player clearly has double the advantage of the other player and they'll still say they won because they played better. lmao

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

Grimes is a very specific kind of dumb I find it difficult to truly dislike.

Grimes feels like that one friend who says the dumbest poo poo you've ever heard and everyone dunks on them for it, but they're otherwise harmless and kind of funny when they're high so everyone tolerates their presence. But unfortunately she had two kids with the richest dude in the world so now the whole world needs to hear these incredible thoughts

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Pirate Radar posted:

What? What is she talking about? Why wouldn’t he be deaf?

He was faking it for oppression points on Twitter. If you tried to call him out on it he'd #cancel you for #ableism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

kazil posted:

Seriously. He posts a lot about lifting weights. Now, I'm no expert in fighting, but I think training is a lot more than just posting about lifting weights.