Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Strong Sauce posted:

have you ever wanted to do more work than is necessary at your job?

a lot of people who don't write software think of code way too visually, "block access to surface road maps for these specific cars and 'shove' in the tunnel layout" might be a real easy task if it was preplanned to support that, or it might take a 2 year rewrite of the code to support it. considering no one ever thought they'd need to block maps for some cars, there probably isn't an easy way to do this.

and there are way more risks to doing any kind of hackey job to get this done when there are federal regulatory agencies that oversee you.

this just raises a question for me: are there geofenced areas teslas aren't allowed to autodrive in? Like military bases? Just sort of internally comparing it to hobby drones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Viscous Soda posted:

Honestly I'm surprised that layoffs help stock prices under any circumstances. IMO it's kinda like saying "Yeah, sure there was a lot of bleeding in one of my limbs, but I've made a decision to sacrifice 10% of my body mass to keep the bleeding down!" That's not a announcement you'd make if you were actually healthy.

The stock market is completely irrational and sociopathic.

OneEightHundred posted:

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/before-tesla-layoffs-musk-cranked-up-pressure-amid-sales-slump

Article is paywalled but the non-paywalled part is pretty funny.

Construction on Tesla's Austin factory expansion is delayed because it's waiting for Musk's other company to drill a hole in the ground so they can have a Cybertruck tunnel.

The entire state of Texas is bedrock, how in the gently caress are they going to drill that in a reasonable time?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tai posted:

Despite the majority of people knowing full well that Tesla is over valued and Musk is just a grifting dork, the company has been sucked up into the algorithm. Various investment, pensions, hedge funds which have a select amount of companies that are automated via an algorithm to buy or sell depending on overall stock movement. Tesla is in that pile.

Isn't BTC in that pile now, too? Love when memes and scams get folded into my 401k