Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Maybe Elon will unban Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I'm glad someone is finally standing up for those poor Nazis and their freedom of speech

Username post combo

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Unleash the Tay bots.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Someone frame that, because he is going to delete it so fast.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Three Olives posted:

I was very drunk the other week and though for like two seconds that maybe, just maybe, against better judgement, I should at least consider buying a Tesla Model 3...

https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864

Just imagine believing that not only is this a financially sound business, it is one of the most valuable companies on earth.

My wife almost got hit the other day because a self driving Telsa went straight in a left turn only lane.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Bad Purchase posted:

if you weren’t already convinced elon is a villain, he is now also a moderator

Yeah we know, he hung out with Epstein.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

:hmmyes:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Chinatown posted:

i have 5,432 dogecoins now

seeya suckaz :blastu:

So you have about 800 bucks? How much did you spend to get there?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Honestly if FB and twitter burnt to the ground tomorrow society would be so much better off because there'd be no central place for idiots to congregate

Except here of course.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

This thread is too negative, here's some positive vibes to balance it out

https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/1519694386367500289

Son of emerald mine owner didn't inherit his wealth or have any connections? WTF?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

EVIL Gibson posted:

OpenAI? I sleep.

A good AI was already implemented on Twitter.

Exactly. Everyone is talking about unbanning Trump, but it is Tay that needs to be brought back.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Guze posted:

Breaking twitter would be good a lot of people need to log off

I will never log off.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i think elon is doing too much drugs (except weed cos he doesn't know how to inhale lmao) and hopefully they destroy his brain, then spacex fires his dribbling remains out of our solar system. that would be COOL.

I would think he just demands himself be the first person on Mars and everyone would sigh a sigh of relief when the rocket crash lands.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Durzel posted:

I saw an opinion piece which I think summed it up well, basically that Elon is enjoying the experience and attention from being seen to be buying Twitter, together with all of the twists and turns he himself is orchestrating, rather than because he has an earnest interest in acquiring it.

He likes pushing buttons, actually buying Twitter without any real plan to make money from it, or even know what it is in due diligence terms, is very much on brand for him.

Wish he would just launch himself to Mars already. Will get him attention for the rest of his life if he does that.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he can back out until he's actually bought it, that's what that means. There's a penalty clause in the agreement, but that just costs him money it's not like he'd go to prison or anything

Watch him try to weasel out of paying the penalty as well. Just drag it to court and get it stuck in litigation for years.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

he may well, which will also cost an unthinkable amount of money, none of which will ever come close to materially affecting him regardless

True. I just want the banks to do their margin call already.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

hotdog feet posted:

gently caress you elon, give me a million dollars

Done.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Sophy Wackles posted:

The best outcome imo would be Musk backs out of the deal and twitter goes bankrupt and shuts down permanently. Then Musk gets personality sued by every shareholder.

Inshallah

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/hasanthehun/status/1527516445000622080

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

"Thats it?"

"I thought you said it was a grower?"

"Hand me my vibrator."

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1527731526854578176

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Margin Call Margin Call MARGIN CALL MARGIN CALL

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Also the horse memes are on point

https://twitter.com/Pleightx/status/1528041008331689988

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Or he is having a psychotic episode from drug abuse. But yeah more likely he is just going mask off.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Is this a subtle way of reducing headcount since Telsa stock has tanked?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

He's just a loving rear end in a top hat, that article also has a story about him threatening interns who were waiting in line to get coffee at Paypal

Oh I know the rear end in a top hat part, it just seems lately that for companies that start doing the whole "rear end in seats" stuff, lose a lot of staff in the following weeks.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Rad Russian posted:

It's just a conservative boomer mindset. After Musk moved to Texas for his new factory, he became infested with GOP Boomer brainworms there. He went from denying Covid, to switching to be a republican, to openly supporting Trump (and trying to unban him from Twitter no matter the cost). I think at this point he's a few months away from saying the election has been stolen and that the jewish space lasers can only be defeated by SpaceX gunships.

Yeah his wife leaving him for another woman really broke him it seems.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Popoto posted:

someone in another thread said that Elon has logged in 1000 hours in a recent game. This true? I need to know/a source, lol

He has been linking screenshots of playing Elden Ring, if he has sunk a lot of hours into it I don't know. The images he did share lead to him being mocked for playing a less than ideal build for his character.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah who called that? Come and get your prize!

I will take it in nice crips 20s, please.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Lobe posted:

It would be a very nice crip to give you 20 dollar bills

Oh damnit, crisp 20 bills. drat dysgraphia.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

BigBadSteve posted:

I'm hoping for a court case where all the women describe it as "small".

He would have to prove it is not small to sue them for libel.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yes actually

Apparently when the NBA merged with the ABA: https://www.inc.com/joseph-steinberg/4-lessons-from-the-greatest-business-deal-in-sports-history.html

The NBA lawyers looked for decades trying to find some sort of legal loophole to get out of it, and they ended up paying the two $500 million + a small annual percentage to finally end the deal. In 2014.

drat, that is some mighty fine lawyering.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

kazil posted:

here's hoping elong gets banned from twitter and tries to make his own social network like truth

or he buys truth and claims he invented it

He would start Truther

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Hardawn posted:

Yeah, but this is a thinly veiled "Guess Who" game with different pictures of penises.

A real who's who of infamous dick pic senders.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/jaspscherer/status/1533892995610730496

Our state AG, who is under investigation for committing fraud using Twitter is the one doing this btw.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

runnypoops posted:

drat ive been hexed since 14

Just keep tweeting, it will eventually cause an overflow and pop back around to max size.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I wonder, if I legally changed my surname to Musk, if I could convince Elon I'm one of his kids.

I mean, probably not, but mostly because I'm a decade or so too old.

I don't know, he has done a lot of drugs recently. So couldn't hurt to try.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

flubber nuts posted:

what his urethra smell like?

Emeralds and failure

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Wonder how stupid Elon was in using Twitter to communicate some of his stupid ideas. Surely he wouldn't have said anything in DMs that could possibly get him into trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Seth Pecksniff posted:

AP and Reuters just pushed out that the Twitter trial is going to be in October :sickos: Musk wanted to delay it

:sickos: x 100