Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

CheshireCat posted:

Did they go on to kill people like that altered design?

IIRC, it was an altered design for a suspended walkway in a hotel atrium that eventually sheared off, collapsed and killed people.

Specifically the Hyatt Regency walkway collapse. It killed 114 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

Even if it's not satire but open criticism and critique of their values they still don't loving get it.

Media for them exists to extract raw material for excuses. The whole of the work is irrelevant. It can be broken down and the unwelcome parts discarded. The appealing parts will be added to the system of excuses they repeat to others and themselves to excuse doing whatever they want.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
His words don’t mean anything. He just repeats things he’s heard in the past. Words were said in a similar context so repeating them must mean he is a normal human.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

goatface posted:

Does the US have the law that you can't volunteer yourself for someone else's unlicensed human testing? I would expect it to, but I've been surprised before.

“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

The law won’t stop him from lobotomizing people. The law will protect him from any punishment for lobotomizing people.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mulaney Power Move posted:

society is "held up" but these atlases but it's not even an original idea for rand

Society is “held up” by them in the sense that they have a gun and want your wallet.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

On September 6 2001, Limp Bizkit won the MTV Video Award for their music video “Rollin’”. The video was filmed on top of the World Trade Center which would be destroyed a few days later.

Limp Bizkit are harbingers of doom.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

sporklift posted:

Quick question. What's up with the crappy armor he is wearing in his profile pic? What is it from? Why is he wearing it? Kinda reminds me of my friend's kid who basically wears various super hero outfits everywhere.

It was a costume he rented for Halloween. Presumably he’s still using this photo because it is one of the few that are free of convicted sex criminals.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

hotdog feet posted:

I'll buy some stock if we can go under 100 because musk will definitely tweet some lie to push it back up to 110ish just long enough for me to make some minor amount of money

(nah, i probably won't)

The carcass doesn’t regrow meat after the vultures leave.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The powerful don’t want you to know that quietly talking to people and planning your actions ahead of time is how you become powerful. They want everyone to scream out their half baked thoughts so lone trouble makers can easily be picked off.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Odysseus tied to the mast as his ship sails past catturd2.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

rotinaj posted:

That is the only good use for twitter anymore, annoying right wingers

The only pleasure in hell is to witness the suffering of others. That’s enough to stop the damned from leaving.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Dirk the Average posted:

Tesla could have done the smart thing and hired people with experience in other car companies and then listened to them when it came time to make certain features.
They literally couldn't have. The entire premise of Musk enterprises is selling counter intuitive "hacks" to solve problems. The stupider the product looks the smarter it must be because why else would it look so stupid.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

MakaVillian posted:

I wonder how the Elon fanbois are going to spin this

Spin what? Their brains have been sand blasted smooth by excuses. They honestly won’t remember anything happened.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Make the font size go down as the character count goes up.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Wendigee posted:

What kind of fall causes a concussion and a cracked rib? Did he fall off a stage?

He tried sucking his own dick.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Musk is rapidly eliminating any reason for businesses to even have a presence on Twitter. This includes breaking the social media management tools that would let it continue out of inertia.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
A moderate is whoever agrees with him. A centrist is always right because anyone who disagrees is an extremist.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Froghammer posted:

It's because they base their entire ideology off of image macros other people made rather than introspection or the desire to have a morally consistent worldview.

Elon's entire sense of humor comes from yes and'ing other people's jokes and it's very pathetic once you notice it.

A jpeg made them feel bad once and this trauma has caused them to arm and armor themselves with memes. They preemptively try to make other people feel bad while attempting to become so ironically detached they can’t be forced to feel anything. It doesn’t work and blowback from this behavior leads them deeper into the spiral.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
My hairline is augmented.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Wait... how... how is drinking urine, the liquid waste your body flushes out of it, going to help you detoxify?

I know nothing these morons do makes a drat bit of sense but this is like saying "setting yourself on fire is a great way to cool yourself down".

A standard dipshit who thinks he’s a genius idea is “what if things worked backwards”. No reason. Just their thoughts going backwards like sewage back flowing into their house.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It would be very funny if Elon insisted that his rocket to Mars worked but the passengers are just incinerated and bots are hooked up to the passengers’ Twitter accounts to keep posting.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
The Telsas aren’t even self driving in the tunnel. They have to pay human beings to drive people down the tunnel one car load at a time.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Every one of Elon’s ideas is just sci-fi vaporware from over 50 years ago. The stories made to convince nerds we weren’t headed for a dead end. Space travel for endless frontiers to exploit. Robots for endless slave labor. Endless toys and treats to consume to give life meaning.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Drone_Fragger posted:

This is not even an exaggeration: lithium fires in an enclosed spaced like that will be so bad that there will not be a body count because all the bodies will be calcined to dust. All it takes is one tesla fire and you will have between 100-600 people die and the only way that they will know is by tying missing person reports up globally with people who were visiting vegas that week.

That entire tunnel is a super mont blanc tunnel fite waiting to happen.

Advances in AI will be used to calculate the death tolls of our many tragedies.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

.random posted:

Calling your scam coin $SIMP feels a little on the nose, don’t you think?

Scams are more effective the more obvious they are. You want a pure critical mass of idiots.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Deki posted:

Does neuralink really even do anything besides provide elon yet another mechanism to siphon public grants and funds from better groups?

He’s building punishment chips to turn people into slaves. There is nothing else his chips could feasibly accomplish and he needs a free labor alternative since his AI cars and robots aren’t working.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Note Block posted:

Got rate-limited without even reaching the 600 limit or whatever, yeeeeeeesh

All Twitter's view metric are nonsense. Always have been. That's why they used to hide them. Now they have consequences.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Who wins

https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/1675229933604335617?s=20

NYT: Musk/Zuck Cage Fight Appears Likely To Happen

That looks like a post-fight photo of Musk.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Halisnacks posted:

Threads is going to deliver more commercial value to Meta than the VR metaverse and at a minuscule fraction of the investment. If Threads surprises and ends up getting popular (like Twitter levels of engagement), it could actually give Zuck a decent pretence to abandon the metaverse boondoggle.

Alternatively, Zucc will require users to be in VR to read or post to Threads.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
It probably happened exactly as described.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
User seconds per day sounds like the easiest metric to game. Just the stupidest sounding metric to boast about. It’s like screaming at the bullies that you have a high level RPG character.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Elon is pushing the big “More Features” button but nothing is happening.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

28. Does Nuts

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

spunkshui posted:

They are leaving.

Only reason you sell poo poo like coffee machines.

Probably going to burn down the place to try to get out of their lease.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

It’s been suggested that starship is just his toy project that the people running spacex let him indulge in just so that he’ll leave the core business alone. Same can be said for the cybertruck

You can recognize his projects by the bare sheet metal. Starship. Cybertruck. The X sign.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

DaveWoo posted:

"a ground up rewrite" lol he might as well be promising free unicorns to everybody

Someone teach Elon the phrase “code to the metal” so he insists the rewrite is done in assembly.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

This Isaacson guy seems like a true believer, always a great person to write your biography yeah

Also seems like a complete loving dipshit, but I repeat myself

No, these people have no beliefs. Absolutely nothing can stand in the way of self promotion. Sometimes they get stuck on an idea because they haven’t figured out the next direction of the grift. Don’t mistake this for a belief.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe Musk has invented a name for a child so stupid that speaking it spontaneously kills monkeys.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Cockmaster posted:

My understanding here is that Elon Musk's rationale for a Mars colony is to have some means for humanity to survive if something horrible happens to Earth. Though that would require making Mars 100% self-sufficient - not an easy task.

The horrible thing that is going to happen to Earth is that it doesn't allow for infinite exploitation. The only acceptable reality is the rich becoming infinitely richer. Anyone who tries for anything different is eliminated. The resolution for the contradiction between the acceptable and the inevitable is excuses. The science fiction bullshit is an excuse to never change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

IBroughttheFunk posted:

All this talk about neuralink, and it's still not clear to me what the gently caress it does, if anything - though I'm guessing that's probably the point right now? Is it basically a situation where it's being sold as "it's whatever you want it to be?"

The end goal of all of Elon’s science fiction fantasies is slavery. Car slaves. Robot slaves. Indentured slaves. Brain slaves. His future is infinite free labor for the rich.