Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I just downloaded Threads... what the gently caress is Instagram?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Isn't Bluesky filled with NFT bullshit or blockchain garbage or something?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Catastrophe posted:

Look at me. I don't even know what a Facebook means. Everyone's talking about this "email" but I can't understand what that is. Is "wifi" a type of Chinese food? In my day, RAM was a type of truck and not some hoity toity computer word. I'm so cool that I think a web site is a location in my garage full of Camaros that contains spiderwebs.

This but unironically.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Damnit, someone has my username on Instagram. I guess I'll wait for Bluesky.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Durzel posted:

People who have this weird obsession about the sanctity of their privacy, when they're just a regular Joe Schmoe, strike me as a bit weird.

I agree. I think we should take it to the next step and setup a vast CCTV network and implement a rewards program, call it a social credit system, perhaps.

edit: also has anyone said Zach Muckerberg yet?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Why wasn't Musk the first recipient of neuralink? Is Musk too scared to give us another Oceangate?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

All I want for Christmas this year is SpaceGate.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person, really.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

When is NASA going to get their poo poo together so we can stop subsidizing this moron's company?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Avirosb posted:

If Google's search engine is woke then the same can't be said for for their youtube algorithm.
Recommend more videos of Ben Shapiro rapping will ya

I must have over 1000 channels set to "Don't recommend this channel", yet the algo keeps pushing that poo poo.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Aside from the car trying to kill everyone, what a stupid design choice for a steering wheel.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

kiwid posted:

Aside from the car trying to kill everyone, what a stupid design choice for a steering wheel.

That, and having to use the touch screen to put the vehicle in park, drive, and reverse.

edit. also why is the driver basically laying down?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

:lol:

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Isn't that the guy that pisses himself in his mom's basement?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

:lmao:

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Where can I buy a 20 year old brand new vehicle?

Tech bros reinventing the car was one of the worst things to come of this decade.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

DogeDesigner is Elon's alt account, right?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Woke mind virus? More like the MAGA mind virus. These people are ill.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Lol Ed and his strawman.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Tai posted:

Lemon hardly pressing musk and he still got mad.

I think Lemon pushed as hard as he could without having Elon rage quit sooner.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Thanks, Obama.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

continuance of civilization = wage slave

right?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

CaptainTofu posted:

This can be easily explained in precisely 14 Words.

kiwid fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 21, 2024

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Someone take the monkeys away from this man.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Canada's treasure trove of assholes.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I can't wait to see our man's take on this.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

kazil posted:

these people are all incredibly stupid

jfc

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

SimonChris posted:

There are two days between the screenshotted tweets. What's even supposed to have happened in the last two days to change someones mind like that?

Poe's law

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

So who's killing more animals, Elon with the monkeys or catturd's dogs?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

:catstare:

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Didn't realize they put that god-awful steering wheel design in the cyberstuck. It has to be such a terrible user experience as soon as the novelty wears off.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

biznatchio posted:

steer-by-wire

I didn't realize that. But that gets me thinking, isn't steer-by-wire incredibly dangerous for a vehicle driven on public roads in the event of a failure? What happens if the electronics suddenly go out while travelling 120km/h on the highway? Surely there is a redundancy?

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

It might be more reliable, but mechanical still has the benefit of working when it doesn't, at least to come to a stop. I'm not an engineer though.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I loving love the zoomer generation.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Ehud posted:

literally any stock 4wd vehicle with 9" of ground clearance can do this

https://x.com/teslaownersSV/status/1780622853962162273

Look at how rough that ride is. That thing is so heavy it shouldn't be off-roading.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I have this loving thing in my truck, but now realize it could have been worse.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Tiny Timbs posted:

I got got by this dumb knob when some rear end in a top hat in a pharmacy line got frustrated and backed into me and I was turning the knob in the wrong direction to try to reverse out of the way

I'm embarrassed to say it's gotten me too a few times. Never into a collision though, yet. Mostly accidentally putting it into park while reversing.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

Slotducks posted:

product design is so loving easy

I just don't understand why we need to change what works. Physical buttons so you don't have to play with an iPad while driving seems to be common sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

I believe it takes place after market close, right? Ugh, going to have to wait until tomorrow for updates.