Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Captain Hygiene posted:

Good news for those of you who were sad that The Joke was over

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645266104351178752

Lolling (and lmaoing) @ the richest man on the planet having to do what his landlord says

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Using his big business brain to to maybe break even

Fire 75% of the staff
Don't pay any bills

Profit (maybe) lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Whatever happened to that big $50 billion (?) payday Elon was supposed to get from Tesla?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

junan_paalla posted:

Why did this need to be a thread of multiple tweets? Shouldn't Twitter utilize their amazing innovative long-form text post feature instead?

Even they know long form tweets are stupid lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I don't think the site is gonna break tomorrow, but I'm excited to see how many celebrities don't give a crap about losing their blue checks lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I will always mock Elon lol

And yeah, google says these Starship rockets are about $10m to launch? That's pretty "cheap"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Hell yeah the Blue Check Massacre has begun

Notable victims so far: the Pope, Beyonce, Bill Gates, Lady Gaga

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

The dude sitting on @therealpope could do some real damage today lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

I forgot about the dig Tumblr did on the stupid checkmark lol, it made them like $263k though

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol @ at that money argument

If I was worth $200 million I definitely wouldn't spend any money for a stupid blue checkmark

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Deptfordx posted:

I assume she's an Elf because even in this guys Fantasy he can't imagine an actual human woman being interested in him.

Lol it's Neverwinter Nights2 fanart, or at least Google says so

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Rondette posted:

I like the fact that the threads have ends, and it is a bit easier to have a break in the doom scrolling.

Agreed big time. Even the guy that invented the "infinite scroll" regrets having ever made it

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Yeah you can't even use search on T(w)itter anymore without having an account. Epic le change sir

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Frank Frank posted:

I remember an interview from way back when with Chuck D where he was giggling about the fact that some people didn’t realize Public Enemy was political. Same deal with RatM. It takes a special kind of Paul Ryan-stupid to enjoy that music and just ignore the context and meaning behind it.

https://twitter.com/tmorello/status/1270419869524094976

Lol yeah people definitely didn't listen to or read the lyrics to any RatM songs back in the 90's

And why the hell is Tom Morello paying for a gold check! Get it together Tom

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Rent $200 lol
Speeding tickets $350 lmao

Who made this image??

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Just go to the graveyard and get some free skulls jeez lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Why did he even mess with the launch pad in the first place? Cost saving reasons? Or just his stupid-rear end ego thinking he knows best?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Wait, you're not interested in an EnVision Nexus Multimode Plate Reader?

I thought it was a dishwasher at first lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Actually illegal to abort the launch in Texas.

Lol

Finally catching up with the bill Maher interview and good lord it's just infuriating to watch.

Elon just giggling like an idiot the whole time, bill kissing his rear end the whole time and the audience going wild for no reason at random times.

No real questions being asked, just a 10 minute circle jerk of talking but saying nothing

I can't stand these two

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

https://youtu.be/oO8w6XcXJUs

20 minutes lol enjoy

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

MuadDib Atreides posted:

ok ya im not watching this

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sorry bud lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
And you spend those seven days stuttering and stammering "uhh err umm" over and over ol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
It's just a bird what's the big deal?? There's millions of em and they shouldn't be standing in the way of progess

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

quote:

In an April 26 statement to SpaceNews, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said it documented impacts from the April 20 Starship integrated test flight that lifted off from Boca Chica, Texas, to the neighboring Lower Rio Grande Valley National Wildlife Refuge. That documentation started after the highway leading to both the launch site and refuge, closed due to what the agency called “launch pad safety concerns,” opened two days after the flight.

The biggest impact was debris from the launch pad that was damaged by the thrust from the Super Heavy booster. “Impacts from the launch include numerous large concrete chunks, stainless steel sheets, metal and other objects hurled thousands of feet away” from the pad, the Fish and Wildlife Service states.

It also cited “a plume cloud of pulverized concrete that deposited material up to 6.5 miles northwest of the pad site.” Residents of Port Isabel, Texas, a town northwest of the launch site, reported finding a fine layer of sand-like material after the launch.

No debris was found on lands belonging to the refuge itself, but the agency said debris was spread out over 385 acres belonging to SpaceX and Boca Chica State Park. A fire covering 3.5 acres also started south of the pad on state park land, but the Fish and Wildlife Service didn’t state what caused the fire or how long it burned.

There was no evidence, though, that the launch and debris it created harmed wildlife. “At this time, no dead birds or wildlife have been found on refuge-owned or managed lands,” the agency said.

https://spacenews.com/fish-and-wildlife-service-documents-damage-from-starship-launch

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Don't worry guys, Elon got rid of the bots and he'll get rid of the fake BlueChecks™ too

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Looks like the SpaceX Falcon Heavy took off without any issues today so score one for Elon hell yeah

I thought everything SpaceX was grounded but it must just be the Starship

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Opening up twitter.com with no account logged in and the first four tweets are Met Gala shots and a stupid Elon meme lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Lol I'm pretty sure the hate for Tesla started when the news started reporting the cars randomly catching on fire and FSD running into other cars/walls/any other stationary object on the road

Elon being an absolute idiot troll doesn't help the company out either

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Mozi posted:

no he's actively hunting for a new CEO just like he promised he would, i'm sure of it

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1625695877326340102

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Uh I did not buy a $1000 phone to watch poo poo in 480p lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

quote:

“Our policy is to recycle handles that are definitively dormant,” Musk later said in another email to the outlet. “Same policy applies to all accounts. No special treatment for NPR.”

He just made this policy up yesterday didn't he

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Browsing twitter.com without an account is pretty fun now

You get to see about 15 tweets and then it either repeats with infinite scrolling or just jumps back to the top of the page lol and the search doesn't work anymore unless you're logged in

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Infinitum posted:

Dude straight up has the mind of a teenager

I mean that earnestly

An insult to teenagers everywhere lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
If you can make m*th by just using those instructions, you probably didn't need any instructions to begin with lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

goatface posted:

Now someone post the guide to basic uranium enrichment and the shipping container bomb.

This one might be a bit much tho lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Freaquency posted:

Hey! Listen!

Holy crap I forgot how much I hated that thing in Zelda lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Whose kid is that

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1257925244733452290

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

Just thinking about all those battles won nonviolently.

Hey now we might not have won those battles without the SR-17 flying Mach3 at 85,000ft to take some pictures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

goatface posted:

Where did they even deploy the blackbird? Or is that all still classified?

E - I could look that up, but I'm gonna let someone else

That is a good question I've never thought of either. Looked it up real quick and here we go

While the SR-71 began its career in Asia, its reach would become global—gathering intelligence on targets in America’s backyard (Cuba, Nicaragua), as well as in the Middle East (during the 1973 Yom Kippur War and its aftermath, and at Benina Airfield in Libya after the 1986 El Dorado Canyon raid).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILop3Kn3JO8 If you've never read or listened to the SR-71 LA speed story, you gotta watch this lol