Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Trump getting reinstated and tweeting again would mean that his own TRUTH SOCIAL was a failure and he hates being a loser so I for one am intrigued how it all goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

mikemil828 posted:

Twitter Board agrees to let Elon buy Twitter so long as his tweets "do not disparage the Company or any of its Representatives."

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418091/000119312522120474/d310843ddefa14a.htm

Elon immediately starts talking poo poo about the company and it's representatives.

Will the Twitter Board do anything?

Nope, they would have to sue him to do so and no way they do anything to jeopardize this dumbass deal

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

StoryTime posted:

What I want to see happen, is ol' Musky boy to fire all the human moderators from Twitter, and replace them with his OpenAI tech. He's got the engineer pipe brain to think that that's the solution to the problem he has bought. Twitter has collected incredible amounts of human interaction, pushing all that through those oh so malleable neural nets can only produce the smartest social media platform of all time.

He’ll make people pay $5k to have “self-driven” moderation

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Elon ALSO had a secret kid with Grimes that came to light during an interview with some journalist who overheard a newborn crying upstairs and she had to sheepishly admit to it.

He doesn’t care about his kids because they’re not on Twitter/cannot amplify his crypto boosting/Tesla share price/ego so they serve no purpose to him.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Brother Tadger posted:

This didn’t get enough love (just like Elon and his kids)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I'm guessing that is how poo poo like that or the gullwing doors on the Model X work (well, "work") - someone comes up with a dumbass and incredibly pointless idea he thinks is super cool so they then spent a huge amount of time and resources to do it, ultimately comprising the reliability and functionality of the product.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/pleasebegneiss/status/1575642726137143296

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Jobs also treated his kids like garbage but at least he didn't hook up with employees to and surrogates to keep pumping them out only to completely neglect them

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Thundercracker posted:

Trump is gonna drop Truth Social in a heartbeat if he's let back on

Now I’m kicking myself for not shorting DWAC, Truth Social’s SPAC

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

CharlestheHammer posted:

What is really funny is I think the most likely thing is musk buys twitter….and nothing changes

Pretty confident that Musk will find a way to make it worse while also somehow resulting in innocent people being killed due to it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

PITY BONER posted:

I wonder what Putin's kompromat is on him. Please be a piss tape.

Probably just his tweets

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
No, he's working 25 hour days and sleeping on the factory floor, dummy!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

ben shapino posted:

elon should buy truth social and shut it down

Elon should ride on a SoaceX rocket to Mars and hilariously die on the way or maybe if it actually lands and he realizes this isn't a PC game where he can terraform it with sliders in the UI and dies miserably there

e: I'll also accept it exploding in the lower atmosphere as a Icarus like metaphor/warnjng to others to not be huge cocky douchebags

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

flubber nuts posted:

elo nmusk will terraform the sun and save us all with science.

Via powerful memes

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's actually a really good point. When I was a firefighter we had some (awesome) training at a junkyard where we got to tear apart cars. Obviously smashing windows, and my favorite was to cut the, I don't know what to call them, the supports that attach the roof to the body on each corner that holds the windows in. We'd take a sawzall and cut the two front supports so we could peel back the roof to extricate.

A/B/C pillars

efb - twice!!

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Main Paineframe posted:

Most of this comes down to what benefits Twitter has contractually promised its employees. You'd think Elon would have learned his lesson about trying to weasel out of contracts, but I guess not.

Guy loves to abuse contracts/the law and somewhat rarely called out on it, Twitter taking him to court obviously being the most prominent example.

Much like Trump, he’s an entitled rear end in a top hat who thinks the rules don’t apply to him and sadly has found that he can often get away with it, which only makes things worse as time goes on.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DrPossum posted:

those birds were no angels

lol

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

He just has the worst ideas for the worst platform.

Lowtax must be looking up in disgust.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/anthony/status/1588330366791819271

Scratching my head trying to think of ways in which Elong could have somehow handled any of this worse

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

EvilJoven posted:

what are the odds this ends up with this idiot just taking his ball and going home and shutting down Twitter?

Sadly there's no way he does this, he lives off the high of attention, negative or otherwise, way too much.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/mikesington/status/1591822506327158786

jfc

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

TACD posted:

wanna know how I got these cars?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/eve6/status/1593434715075264512

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Here’s my official prediction.

Some big twitter feature will go down. Something noticeable by normal users, like the blocking button not working. Some massive account like Stephen King will tweet at Elon, “hey why isn’t this basic feature not working?” Elon will respond “we are looking into it”

Behind the scenes, Elon is getting heated. Nobody knows what to do. Even his most suck up lackies are telling him they need a week to figure out how the feature works. Elon doesn’t believe them (narcissistic managers think everything is easy) and gets madder and madder. Especially when that week turns into two or three.

The public comments at Elon about this which he has to respond to because he can’t stop loving tweeting. He starts blaming the codebase, old engineers, retweets or agrees with someone going “wow I guess old Woke Twitter really made some poo poo code, liberals can’t even make a website” with a few cry laugh emojis

All the while more features are starting to not work and the site starts really chugging. More engineers silently leave. Most users stop posting when it takes >1 minute to load a profile. Power users begin actually signing off not soon after. The end.

This seems very plausible and I hope it happens 😂

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Beefed Owl posted:

That's just interest Twitter has to pay a billion dollars in interest every year that doesn't even knock down the principle balance

Twitter never made a billion dollars in a year not even close.

I’m guessing you mean profit? Because they had revenue of $5B last year and were on track for ~$4B this year. They had a couple decent years of over $1B in net profit but last 2 had losses in the hundreds of millions. So you’re right that it will be quite a lift to staunch the bleeding AND pay off that interest.

Twitter is fairly big in terms of revenue imo, just small compared to other tech giants like FAANG.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Quid posted:

What's the difference between max deboosted and demonetized and the shadowbanning that they were all crying about before?

Nothing, just that they can do it now, not (((woke elite mods)))

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Reinstalling Ventrilo and Gamespy Arcade

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/dreamleaf5/status/1593735078126886913

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
God he's insufferable

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Need the SpaceX Expert to weigh in on this

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/erichaywood/status/1593407500392374273

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Rigel posted:

I think at some level Elon Musk realizes Twitter is completely, totally hosed, it was almost entirely his fault, his reputation is now severely damaged, and his entire investment is now wasted. He's probably pissed about that, so now he's just lashing out and making his perceived enemies mad while Twitter is still afloat.

He does not - he is an entitled megalomaniac baby with constant need for attention who has surrounded himself with sycophants and created an online echo chamber with the worse possible people who constantly huff his farts. He has had the chance multiple times to just NOT do the dumbest and worst loving decision the last 3 weeks but does it anyway.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Hoping for a Brazil vs US World Cup Final so it permanently destroys Twitter

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Frank Frank posted:

I’m my experience, tech customers are fickle as gently caress - especially the big boys like DT, AT&T and Comcast. They will absolutely drop your rear end like a bad habit the moment you don’t dot all of the I’s and cross all of the t’s in whatever arcane reporting system they have set up for vendors. Have fun managing that with a skeleton crew that has no working relationship with those organizations. You need these relationships to manage and maintain your mobile app and bandwidth.

If you fail the cursory stuff, then they will demand to send in external ISO/TL9000 auditors and gooooood loving luck if you hit that stage because those are some of the most unhappy, crusty people I’ve ever met and they LIVE to put vendors on closely monitored corrective action plans that result in meetings on top of meetings

Seconding this - I deal with enterprise SaaS clients and they are extremely demanding. They take SLA's extremely seriously, if for no other reason to gently caress you up when it comes to renewal time/negotiations. I have 3 hours of calls with one of them, their legal team, and ours next week for redlines to their contract that we are having to use because apparently the terms that the DoD and Costco agreed to aren't good enough for them.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

MikeJF posted:

I miss RSS feeds. They only died because of Twitter, and now we need them back.

Bring back Google Reader too.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

DeeplyConcerned posted:

would you let a guy like Elon suck your dick? i'd say no. it would have to be a really good blow job. even then you'd have to risk looking down at his face. he looks worse than Louis CK

🤣🤣

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Strong Sauce posted:

elon please log off i cannot keep up with this thread.