Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
It's going to be hilarious when Tesla turns out to be a major financial fraud and everyone is going to be like, this transparently absolute clown pulled off the greatest financial scam in history, and by hilarious I mean cause significant damage to our entire economy because everything is so dumb Tesla is part of the S&P 500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

i've never understood why any billionaire, or heck even multi millionaire, would post online at all. honestly I can think of so much rad poo poo to do with unlimited money that I could spend the rest of my life doing it. but I guess that's one of the many reasons I'm not one.

Why didn't Bernie Madoff just retire?

https://i.imgur.com/drSvsGP.mp4

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Speaking of which

lol. Not much but it's a start, let's make it -40%, my stonks be damned.

I was very drunk the other week and though for like two seconds that maybe, just maybe, against better judgement, I should at least consider buying a Tesla Model 3...

https://twitter.com/Phylan/status/1517507755162148864

Just imagine believing that not only is this a financially sound business, it is one of the most valuable companies on earth.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I feel like it is going to be very important to remember that Elon has not purchased Twitter, Elon has made an offer to purchase Twitter and the board of Twitter has agreed to accept his offer. This is not a "Buy it now" price on eBay where he charged it to a credit card, I have a signed agreement to pay $57k for a car that doesn't literally does not exist in my backpack right now, for which I have not arranged financing for because no one know when/if it is going to be delivered. Elon does not have $44B dollars, this still, like everything Elon, has the potential to become spectacularly more stupid than any of us have the capacity to imagine at this point.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 26, 2022

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Testekill posted:

That's what I suspect, Musk loves a pump & dump and that's the vibe that I'm getting.

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1518773828087910401

https://i.imgur.com/U3sbsXa.mp4

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/JamesSurowiecki/status/1518773828087910401

https://i.imgur.com/U3sbsXa.mp4

Simply amazing that Elon exists as allegedly one of the wealthiest people in the history of earth.

Buying Twitter by taking on debt on far less favorable terms than a used car.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

vandalism posted:

good or bad this is the only dude that is willing to provide me internet that is decent at a price that doesn't ream out my rear end in a top hat and poo poo in my eye sockets

literally comcast wanted 1k a month to dig out to me

hughesnet is made of twine and wax

att and verizon are chargin by the fuckin kilobyte for the hotspot

tethering is thrrottled to 15 gb a month--rip

For $110 2022 USD (roughly $90 2021 USD) I can get UNLIMITED downloads at like 50+ mbps

I got the lovely at&t mobile hotspot now and am getting 5 for $50 a month

also he shipped a bunch of starlink things to ukraine to help them against putin so that is cool

Starlink can't scale, the capacity numbers are completely laughable, but they are magically going to be solved by laser interconnects around the time that FSD is delivered (that won't actually fix the bandwidth issues), but they sucked up a shitload of public money that could have been used for a ground based fixed wireless system to keep SpaceX alive after they ran out of launches and they never made their reusable rocket technology financially viable.

Also, he didn't ship a bunch of Starlink terminals, the US vastly overpaid for them and handled all of the logistics of getting them to Ukraine instead of shipping a shitload of Iridium and Globalstar terminals that would have been vastly more useful for large scale deployment at a faction of the cost, logistics.

It's all a scam and I can't believe people keep falling for it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

McSpanky posted:

And with all that manipulation, the numbers they gave the NHTSA still came out to FSD being ten times as dangerous as unassisted driving? Holy poo poo, how dangerous is it in actuality? Musk is literally a menace to society.

There is another important way that Tesla juice it's numbers...

They always compare their safety numbers to all drivers, but the thing is, Teslas are both expensive to buy and expensive to insure, so the numbers screw to wealthier, older drivers who are already much better drivers than your "average" driver. Also, pretty much all cars at the Tesla price level have advanced driver assistance systems that in many cases are actually more advanced than Tesla's, Tesla's are missing basic things like rear cross traffic detection, forward looking radar, side looking radar, etc.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Amphigory posted:

Haha, what - you have to be kidding, I thought all cars had this now

Nope, it would require side looking rear radar and Elon refuses to admit his camera only solution is substandard without radar. Also, no top down camera, I don't know what that is about, image skewing and blending isn't like advanced car technology these days, the technology has been around for 15 years now, maybe Tesla doesn't have enough cameras in the right places.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1669489931679420416

Discussing European birthrates with the PM of Italy, really tough to figure out what he is talking about there.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I love living in a society that refuses to acknowledge that we made a severely mentally ill man the richest person in the world.

To continue to pretend that we living a meritocracy we are now required to believe that Elon is an eccentric super genius and not just a dude with a severely hosed up brain.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeLeePearl/status/1683900916884463616

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

waffle iron posted:

I learned last week there are wifi enabled smart ovens. But thankfully the one I saw won't let you use apps or voice assists to turn it on.

I have the toaster with the touch screen that oddly enough does not have any internet connectivity.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Pop Tarts are gross. You're all gross.

I honestly did not know adults ate those, I thought it was just children with bad parents.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

CharlestheHammer posted:

A lot of people eat pop tarts. Never take what people say they eat online as any real test on what people actually eat

Yeah, always shocking how bad people are at being adults, so I suppose some do.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

I consulted my toaster:

Is that supposed to be a loving Pop-Tart? WTF?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

It shows you what color your toast is going to be before you toast it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

dookieblunt posted:

how does it know what color its gonna be

I'm not a toast scientist, it just does.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

MunchE posted:

Nobody took the toaster bait the first time, so then it's pop tarts and more toaster bait

Toaster bait, just trying to imagine someone seriously trying to suggest that is a thing.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Wistful of Dollars posted:

didn't know Tesla booze was a thing

did it randomly burst into flames too?

What does your heart tell you?

https://twitter.com/samsheffer/status/1550974984708816900

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/nwchap/status/1685097959560749056

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1685130069860118528

:lol:

And I’m pretty sure that is a weather station on top and I really want to know why.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 29, 2023

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Speleothing posted:

You think it's actually attached to the roof? Like with anchors?
All sandbags, baby!

Wind would still but a lever force one the roof, even with the sandbag approach. Actually more because you have “secured” it with weight and not tension, so in the case you have weight plus tension.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/realchrisjbeale/status/1685399749166551040

HOLY. poo poo. Right into people's apartments.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Goffer posted:

I feel like the police should be able to do something about that? Like, immediately just go an and switch it off?

The police should tie Elon to it like a Saint Andrews cross so he just stops.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

I imagine you gotta hear from a lawyer looking for the class action right? No permit, obviously harmed class, publicly posting villain, and so on

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1685195158856323074

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Goffer posted:

If your neighbour was blaring music at midnight the cops can come shut that down, I would hope that light and noise pollution are treated similarly.

They can, years ago they were filming a TV show outside of my home and used a crane, I forget what they called it but it was a light specifically designed to simulate daylight at night outdoors over a large area with the right camera adjustments right outside my window. I called the police and they made them shut it off. I assume they were very pissed off, well, I know they were, they got into a huge fight with the city claiming they had filming permits which gave them the right to film and it was costing the production a ton of money and they city was just like, you can film, you can't put that light up right in front of a residential building.

In Texas it is called a private nuisance, basically anything that a "reasonable" person would cause discomfort or annoyance during the use of their private property. Basically, you can't put a light in front of a bunch of private homes windows designed to simulate sunlight at night because they will be annoyed and, like, it's a light designed to simulate daylight at night, this is a reasonable thing to not want a light designed to simulate daylight at night outside your window at midnight.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jul 30, 2023

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Steadiman posted:

Daylight would more likely refer to the color temperature of the lights in question, the poster may have misunderstood. And we tend to use those big lights for anything from creating a fake moon backlight to raising the overal ambient levels of the darkness, daylight color(5600 kelvin and higer) creates a blue tinted light.

I just know what i was told and that the light was bright as gently caress right outside my window, enough that it completely illuminated my home with all the lights off.

edit: found some old photos...

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 30, 2023

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

dr_rat posted:

That movie was trying to raise money for sickness reaserch. After they couldn't film that scene the production went bankrupt, and sickness research hasn't had any more money ever. They were so close too, if only they sickness research could of had that few hundred thousand from box office receipts from that movie they easily could of cured sickness, but alas no, all the sickness researchers quite after they couldn't see that movie they were really excited to see, so now humanity is ever doomed to be cursed by illness and plague.

Dick.

quote:

Queen of the South is an adaptation of the telenovela La Reina del Sur, which is itself an adaptation of the novel of the same name by Spanish author Arturo Pérez-Reverte.[8] The series centers around Teresa Mendoza, a poor Mexican woman who becomes wealthy by building a vast drug empire.

Teresa lives in the barrio of Culiacán in Sinaloa, Mexico. She falls in love with a member of a drug cartel, and tries to rise above her life's impoverished condition. After she is told her boyfriend has been murdered, she is forced to flee. She crosses the border to the United States, where she ends up in the criminal organization of the wife of the cartel boss who is after her. Teresa has a different vision of the drug distribution business and due to her charisma attracts associates and starts her own drug distributing organization. Teresa becomes very successful, which presents her with more problems, makes her endure sacrifices and attracts the attention of covert government forces.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TulliusCicero posted:

Is there a reason it has to be a ridiculously bright strobe light?

Yes, because Musk is just loving with people now for fun. Starting to think he is a legit psychopath.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Strong Sauce posted:

They turned it off for tonight.

I am almost certain that is a weather station on the top right and I really want to know why...

I'm not making GBS threads on weather stations, I have one, it's awesome, I just want to know how it ended up there. Did Elon request it? Was it for one of the simps that built it just because? Is it to capture the windspeed the causes it to fall over?

I need to know.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Lots of places have weather stations on their roofs. Even here in my poo poo city of Edmonton there are weather stations on the roofs of all kinds of buildings, from what I can count there are 50 or 60 in the city. I can't posit a reason for why people do this but it seems pretty common.

They do! Like I said, I have one on my roof.

But I'm curious as to why Elon's illegal, not landlord approved, slapped together X sign has one.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Hippocrass posted:

lol at the vacuum cleaner app.

Actually I think the MyDyson app is primarily for their fans...

It's kind of nice, shows air quality, scheduling, log of air quality, temperature and humidity.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/scottbudman/status/1686089123583660032

Just thinking how shoddy the construction/installation must have been that it could be removed so quickly.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2u3dcH2VGM

Elon is murdering people.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

quote:

WASHINGTON, Aug 10 (Reuters) - U.S. auto safety regulators said Thursday they are opening a special crash investigation into a fatal accident in Virginia involving a Tesla Model Y suspected of relying on advanced driver assistance systems and striking a heavy truck.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is probing a July 19 fatal crash in which the driver of a Tesla died after striking a tractor-trailer truck in Warrenton, Virginia.

The Fauquier County Sheriff's Office said the 57-year Tesla driver was killed after the tractor trailer was attempting to turn onto a highway from a truck stop. The Tesla struck the side and went underneath the tractor trailer and the driver was pronounced deceased on the scene. The driver of the tractor trailer was issued a summons for reckless driving.

Elon murdered another person. And this is not the first time this exact accident has happened...

Just amazing that Autopilot has not had a complete recall yet.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/ch1w33th3d0g/status/1689921698475483136

It might be a bad idea for Musk to fight Zuck, his skin might just slough off.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

If anyone can spare an invite more me I'm desperate to get off that hellhole, it's however my main time waster.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

keep punching joe posted:

Or weirdo stalker reply guys

The whole point is to allow the alt-right weirdos pile on to anyone they don't like and drive them off the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

He’s probably going to do something even stupider before long, like putting an insultingly tiny daily cap on posts/replies for non-Blue users

He will force people off the timeline view ensuring that all you see is alt-right shitheads that he amplifies that you can't block.