Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Trump is coming back, baby!

2022 is looking better and better every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Elon aggressively claiming tweets and peoples wives.

https://twitter.com/MajorDcps/status/1518676616783802378?s=20&t=krPp2PD-qfx0wHsysgWWKw

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Deptfordx posted:

Looking increasingly likely like he's trying to find reasons to back out.

Probably because he's realising 'clout' and his billionaire buddies egging him on, isn't worth blowing 40+Billion goddamn dollars on Twitter.

I don't think he can legally back out according to what I have read. He's basically screwed himself over to own the libs.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Rinkles posted:

I thought he could, he’d just have to pay a billion dollar fine.

They can sue him afterwards for a lot more.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

pixaal posted:

He is this stupid, proof he bought twitter ads for tesla and starlink neither has advertised before.

He panic bought ads just to say he has new companies signing up.

It’s more of a cash transfer from his other businesses to service debt at Twitter. Maybe it’s legal but it’s sad.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Who actually cares about rando replies in threads?

I just use tweetdeck and have a few lists up with specific accounts I want to see tweets from. I rarely click to see replies so most of Elon's changes don't even impact me.

Hell, I make sure to follow as few people as possible, just adding them to lists is so much better.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Withnail posted:

Elon's layoffs had nothing to do with working hard or working remote or being 'hardcore', it's all about the optics of creating a 'turnaround'.

Turn around in ideology maybe. Twitter was already making a profit the last few years. Elon destroyed all of that, but he can claim ideological purity I suppose. If he had just left it as is he could have recouped his investment in a few years but he's not very smart.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/twitter-announces-fourth-quarter-and-fiscal-year-2021-results-301479494.html

"Twitter had a solid fourth quarter to finish 2021, with over $5 billion in annual revenue, up 37% for the year," said Ned Segal, Twitter's CFO. "There are no changes to our goals of 315 million average mDAU in Q4 2023 and $7.5 billion or more revenue in 2023. Our increased focus on performance ads and the SMB opportunity after the sale of MoPub positions us even better for 2022 and beyond."

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

kazil posted:

His buyout added over a billion in debt per year so no

Yeah I guess the math doesn't work out. But Elon is making it worse in any case.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

You Are A Elf posted:

What is this from? Seen it as a gang tag here.

Severence, and Apple streaming show.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

kazil posted:

Is there an overpriced Tesla brand heating device I could use to access my car during winter months??

Or you could just do what Range Rover does and build motors for the door handles that will provide enough force to break through ice in cold climates. That would costs too much money for Tesla.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Azhais posted:

I've got a 12 year old Mazda and I can't see any compelling reason to replace it with anything

EVs in general would have to get a ton cheaper before I'd consider it. Gas would need to hit about $20/gal before I'd save enough money to offset the price premium

I’ve got a 15 year old Mazda , and it always starts, but the auto cruise control, traffic assist and other safety stuff is a big deal when you are in 1.5 hour traffic to and from work.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Denim Dude posted:

i was curious about this but it's like a 25 minute video if it's the one he uploaded recently. can you give me a time stamp?

Dude is just farming content. It's why he's number 2 for most watched for the year on twitch.

https://www.dexerto.com/entertainment/asmongold-criticized-for-comparing-andrew-tates-arrest-to-martin-luther-king-jr-2019936/

quote:

The Twitch star claimed “the government frames people all the time”, and there’s a chance Andrew Tate could be used as a martyr like “they tried to f**k with Martin Luther King” due to corruption.

“‘What’s the probability that the government wants to frame the Tate brothers?’ I don’t know, probably 50%. The government frames people all the time ⁠— from any of the leaks, from the way they tried to f**k with Martin Luther King, yeah absolutely the government f**ks with people.

“Is Romania better than the US? I don’t know. I have no idea. I think it’s a very high chance they wanted to frame him. It’s not that it’s true, but it’s possible. A lot of things are possible. I don’t trust the governments.”

He was quick to add just because he’s distrusting of the government doesn’t mean he’s automatically on Tate’s side: “Why would you think I trust Andrew Tate? You think I can only trust the government or Andrew Tate? What if they’re both lying? Don’t put words into my mouth.”

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

illegible pie chart posted:

There is no bail system in Romania.

Seems like they have to release him or prove that he should be kept in jail until trial or half his sentence up to a max of 5 years.

https://www.fairtrials.org/app/uploads/2022/01/Criminal-Proceedings-and-Defence-Rights-in-Romania.pdf

quote:

If the prosecutor requests your detention before your trial, you should be brought immediately before a judge who will decide whether or not you should be subject to ‘preventative arrest’. If the judge orders your arrest, you have the right to challenge the decision within 48 hours. The appeal should be heard within 5 days after you file it.

You can only be kept in detention initially for up to 30 days. However, this can be extended by a judge, at the request of the prosecutor, for an additional 30 days at a time. The total period in detention before the closing of criminal investigations should not exceed 180 days.

Generally, pre-trial detention (before the first instance court has delivered its verdict on your case) can last up to the equivalent of half the maximum sentence for the alleged offence, but no more than 5 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Brother Tadger posted:

The funnier thing is Elon DOESN’T have an intellectual disability and yet continues to make objectively terrible decisions time after time. It’s stunning, really

He’s emotionally stunted which is far worse.