Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What's the best FF game?
FF4(2)
FF6(3)
FF13
FF15
Goku
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i have a confession

i have never actuallly beaten FF13. in fact, i've never gotten past the start of Gran Pulse, which i think means i either got 95% through the game or i only got 5% through the game. at any rate, i'm going to find out, and finally finish this game, because despite never finishing it, i legitimately think it is the best mainline FF game in terms of main cast and script

just waiting for it to finihs downloading rn. its on game pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
trip report

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I liked FFXIV

I played a catboy

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I beat the second one on my GBA.

That's my whole FF experience. Good luck have fun.

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
I kind of feel the same, op. I too stopped playing early Gran Pulse because that space pope fight was total bullshit. High hopes for this thread!

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Rydia is so cool when you find out she went to monster world and became friends with all the monsters, she is like the best character

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I liked FFXIV

I played a catboy

:hai:

It is a good game

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

FF8 isn't on the list :confused:

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Where is FF9 or 7?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For me to poop on!

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I tried playing it and there were too many numbers flying on the screen to count and the same enemies for like 30 minutes so I quit

Apparently that lasts like 10 hours lol

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Which other Final Fantasies have you played, OP?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I thought you left OP

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

I hated the end of FF13 so much I haven't bought/played an FF game since. Have fun OP!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t remember what the dumb kid’s name was but the game would have been better without him.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Team Sazh ftw

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t remember what the dumb kid’s name was but the game would have been better without him.

pretty sure it was Hope, which is perfect because I spent the whole game hoping he would die.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Nae posted:

pretty sure it was Hope, which is perfect because I spent the whole game hoping he would die.

Yes it was and same.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I never played it OP but i liked 7 and 8

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Zil posted:

Where is FF9 or 7?

In a league of their own, miles above the rest of the genre

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
it's warm

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Nae posted:

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I liked FFXIV

I played a catboy

Their elves are very long. It's a bold choice and I approve.

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
FFXIII is real bad, OP

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
XV is the best obviously. In which other game can I go on a road trip with my bros in a fancy car while all decked out in leather?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

FFXIII is real bad, OP

Square seemed to think the solution to their combat not having any interesting decisions was to automate the choices you were making, which is just loving baffling

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Archer666 posted:

XV is the best obviously. In which other game can I go on a road trip with my bros in a fancy car while all decked out in leather?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
If you posted this in ycs 12 years ago you would have gotten permabanned by axemaniac OP

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
ff13 is the worst final fantasy game ever made. i never played 11 or 14 but it is worse than those.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

remember when the op had a meltdown about their av and stopped posting for a whole 10 days

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 17 days!)

i had a good time playing ff13 but i was in australia all summer for the first time and living in someone's nice house where they had a ps3 and ff13 for it so i was just mooching on all this luxury which i couldn't afford at the time.

i remember thinking the game was good for a 3-4 hour stretch in the middle around palumpolum but generally was bizarrely basic in scope for an rpg, and leaning in hard to all of FF's worst impulses. i doubt i would stay interested if i tried to play it again so i will let it stay back in australia.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine
When my ex and I broke up in 2011 I kept the PS3 and every game for it except FF13, which I made her take.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
^^^ that's awesome. good move

Peggy Edson posted:

remember when the op had a meltdown about their av and stopped posting for a whole 10 days

i remember. i am glad he is posting again

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
the best thing anyone can say about ff13 is that square ripped themselves off bringing back tony umeda

Girl Drink Drunk
Jan 2, 2007

"Well it's really quite simple Russ. You simply take twelve large strawberries chopped, three ounces of dark rum and a..."
FF13 had some interesting ideas but it wasn’t my favorite - I limped to the finish line and had no interest in trying out the sequels. Hopefully it resonates with you more.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a mention of FF5 yet in the thread. The story is whatever but the job system was incredibly well designed. It’s the FF from the SNES era that stands up through multiple playthroughs.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Peggy Edson posted:

It was probably just an excuse to binge FF13

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Close, but lacking that twink factor that every good FF has

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Archer666 posted:

Close, but lacking that twink factor that every good FF has

Bears of Draenor

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015