Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
is psychological torture. I'm excited that within the next 30 years this music will be dead and I will never have to hear anything about a loving crossroads ever loving again. gently caress you, Eric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

His dead son is rolling in his grave at his brainfucked dad. Tears in heaven indeed

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Vegetable posted:

His dead son is rolling in his grave at his brainfucked dad. Tears in heaven indeed

:owned:

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Literally A Person posted:

is psychological torture. I'm excited that within the next 30 years this music will be dead and I will never have to hear anything about a loving crossroads ever loving again. gently caress you, Eric.

"Cross Road Blues" is a Robert Johnson song, though? :thunk:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Cross roads is bonethugs n harmony you r-slur

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Music that is 30 years and older is still played today.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Eric Booton, because his music stinks.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Music that is 30 years and older is still played today.

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Vegetable posted:

Not many people that know that wasn't a new song. He repurposed one of his old songs as a tribute to his dead son.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I like a couple songs of his but he’s brain has been hosed for a long time. He probably should have just stayed on heroin and tapped out early.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Not many people that know that wasn't a new song. He repurposed one of his old songs as a tribute to his dead son.

:lol::owned::lol:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

blues fuckin sucks and is largely a vehicle for white suburban dads to awkwardly co-opt black culture that not even black people are into anymore and also they wear dumb hats while doing it

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not like his dead son will know, lol

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Poohs Packin posted:

blues fuckin sucks and is largely a vehicle for white suburban dads to awkwardly co-opt black culture that not even black people are into anymore and also they wear dumb hats while doing it

lol this is like the realest post ever tho

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

The Dune mini-series on the sci-fi channel starring William Hurt has the best hats of all time. Truly a hat-centric mini-series.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Dune mini-series on the sci-fi channel starring William Hurt has the best hats of all time. Truly a hat-centric mini-series.

william hurts to look at

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Poohs Packin posted:

william hurts to look at

WIlliam Hurt is a bad little scaggily man.

....Remind you of anyone???? :smug:

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Was

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Do you think when he was a kid, other kids called him Eric Crapton?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’m gonna find a car with an 8 track player and kidnap you and make you listen to cream albums until you admit that it’s cool and good. :haibrower:

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Linux Pirate posted:

Do you think when he was a kid, other kids called him Eric Crapton?

Im more thinking that upon birth his mother looked at her newborn baby and declared Eric a CrapSon.

Eric Crapson, father of Clayton Deadson.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I’m gonna find a car with an 8 track player and kidnap you and make you listen to cream albums until you admit that it’s cool and good. :haibrower:

Cream is good only by virtue of Ginger "I live to shoot dope and injure women" Baker

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

What’s the difference between a baby and a bag of cocaine?

Eric Clapton would NEVER drop a bag of cocaine out of a window

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

LAP would u know my name if I saw u in heaven?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've been subjected to so many 50-60 year old guys, usually late career auto industry middle management types on like $120k/yr for no good reason, showing me their new Klipsch speakers while absolutely trolllied on Ketel One.

Its ALWAYS Clapton, or SRV. ALWAYS.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

So basically it's like when elton john did candle in the wind again. Nice, really heartfelt to just take an old song and apply it to a new person, I'm sure they're not pissed from the grave about your laziness

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
check out 'kingfish ingram' if you want to hear good blues music coming out today

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No. But I'd do that thing where I pretend I do but ask a lot of leading questions to get you to say it out loud so I look like I knew it the whole time.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

let's all take a pause to reflect on this and maybe cry a little together

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

No. But I'd do that thing where I pretend I do but ask a lot of leading questions to get you to say it out loud so I look like I knew it the whole time.

:ssh:

just reflect for a few moments

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Never mind the music, what does a 1000kg pile of gonorrhea smell like lmao gently caress you eric

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Farts in Heaven

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

if that's psychological torture, what's making someone read your posts?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Lucky Guy posted:

if that's psychological torture, what's making someone read your posts?

A loving warcrime. You're not supposed to read this poo poo. You've been reading it?? Oh god.

....I'm sorry I don't know how to tell you this but I think you need to see a doctor....

:rip:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

The Walrus posted:

check out 'kingfish ingram' if you want to hear good blues music coming out today

This guy is pretty cool and looks like he's destined to die of a heart attack by 28 so you know he's the real deal or something.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

satanic splash-back posted:

This guy is pretty cool and looks like he's destined to die of a heart attack by 28 so you know he's the real deal or something.

Does that mean he's a big ol' fat guy???

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

his son was played one of his records and was so physically repulsed and psychically destroyed by the bad music waves hitting him like trying to stand up in a hurricane that he was blasted out the window like a looney toons cartoon

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

my dad and brother are white guitar players so I get to hear about the all time worsts nonstop, like eric clapton and stevie ray vaughn and joe satriani and joe bananamassa etc. basically that stable of 5-6 musicians that gets featured in Guitar Player magazine over and over

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

deep dish peat moss posted:

my dad and brother are white guitar players so I get to hear about the all time worsts nonstop, like eric clapton and stevie ray vaughn and joe satriani and joe bananamassa etc. basically that stable of 5-6 musicians that gets featured in Guitar Player magazine over and over

SRV is good though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
The Slowhand era in the late 70s is his best work, and that's because J.J. Cale wrote fantastic songs. The album with BB King is good, but you could record BB taking a poo poo and it would be soulful. From the Cradle is OK as well, but its easy to have a hit album when you just cover old blues standards with tenured session musicians.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

SRV is good though

I saw SRV open for Jeff Beck in the late 80s and it was amazing.