Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And still show ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I wonder if you could do some kind of keying pass to strip them out of the broadcast. There's likely no field info or anything though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm glad they solved the problem of the puck being too easy to follow in the HD era

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The NHL's going all in on the 'league that hates its fans the most' thing this year I guess.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

ThinkTank posted:

The NHL's going all in on the 'league that hates its fans the most' thing this year I guess.

Fifa already won this competition this year...and probably forever.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

It’s ok they will definitely just stop there! Things will certainly not get worse!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

WeaponX posted:

It’s ok they will definitely just stop there! Things will certainly not get worse!

Only a matter of time before they add 30 minutes to the broadcasts and fill it up with more commercial breaks.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I don't care about jersey ads, the boards thing is more annoying to me. Feels like it's a big distraction.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

It's not like he was going to be the lynchpin in the Penguins season but them losing Zohorna to wavers is some galaxy brain player management on their part. I'd have preferred him to Archibald any day of the week. Godspeed Zohorna, may you hold down the 4th line for the Flames.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I don't care about jersey ads, the boards thing is more annoying to me. Feels like it's a big distraction.

Absolutely. Virtual ads on the boards (whether animated or not, but especially if animated) as well as on the ice are way worse than jersey ads.

I just can't deal with the unnatural CG look.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

At least they'll use the best tech and ensure it doesn't glitch out all the time and completely fall apart when some nsow flies off the ice.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Cocaine Bear posted:

At least they'll use the best tech and ensure it doesn't glitch out all the time and completely fall apart when some nsow flies off the ice.

Yeah.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

.Spec posted:

It's not like he was going to be the lynchpin in the Penguins season but them losing Zohorna to wavers is some galaxy brain player management on their part. I'd have preferred him to Archibald any day of the week. Godspeed Zohorna, may you hold down the 4th line for the Flames.

They're still using him as 3C in practice today so it seems like they're planning on him clearing and they're just doing capspace fuckery
probably more GM collusion behind the scenes but hey, preseason is not a time to be making enemies

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The NHL's solution to the complaint from new fans that they have difficulty tracking the puck is to add animated graphics at ice level to make sure established fans have trouble with that too.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

They're still using him as 3C in practice today so it seems like they're planning on him clearing and they're just doing capspace fuckery
probably more GM collusion behind the scenes but hey, preseason is not a time to be making enemies

He was claimed by the Flames earlier today.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

.Spec posted:

He was claimed by the Flames earlier today.

oh, that sucks
I guess they're finally paying us back for taking Jankowski from them

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Chad Sexington posted:

Was it Dom who admitted to being addicted to gambling?

Imagine having temper tantrums like a chronic sports gambler when things don't go your way but it was just your 9-5 job tanking instead of a prop bet.

e: vv

holy poo poo that Metro projection

Glad to see we've reached the "everyone is too high on the Devils" portion of the preseason projections.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Speaking of models that are way too high on certain teams, I don't get why Jfresh's loves the Islanders so much every year:

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1577009864190361600?s=20&t=t77QNF47T-51wwW74v2EMg

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
The last couple models' positivity about the Caps' prospects is making me think that this is the year the wheels fall off after all.

ThinkTank posted:

The NHL's solution to the complaint from new fans that they have difficulty tracking the puck is to add animated graphics at ice level to make sure established fans have trouble with that too.

gotta bring back the glow puck I guess

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Iles are great! Devils are great! Calgary ripping two top guys out and plugging two other top guys I will barely impact them! Vancouver is... Good? Great! Washington got a keeper above replacement level and everyone else got a year older? As good as Colorado!

I'm here for chaos season, as always. Where I disagree with jfresh is that the Stars are getting 100pts, baby!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/LegendofSteph/status/1576960582619910144

that top row and the N column are 100% locks to happen

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/LegendofSteph/status/1576960582619910144

that top row and the N column are 100% locks to happen

Omg I can’t wait for Torts to yell at Charlie.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Ginette Reno posted:

Speaking of models that are way too high on certain teams, I don't get why Jfresh's loves the Islanders so much every year:

https://twitter.com/JFreshHockey/status/1577009864190361600?s=20&t=t77QNF47T-51wwW74v2EMg

does he love defense and goalies?

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Jets at 98 points lmaooo

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Levitate posted:

does he love defense and goalies?

He clearly doesn't care about defense if he thinks that Vancouver is getting to 98 points, even in the shitshow that is the Pacific

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Cam Talbot is out for 5-7 weeks apparently?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Ginette Reno posted:

Jfresh had the Flyers at like 108 points last year and I haven't been able to take him seriously since.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Here's my model: all of last season's playoff teams except LA get 100 +/- 5 points. Another 6-7 teams get 90 +/- 5 points.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Cam Talbot is out for 5-7 weeks apparently?

https://twitter.com/media_sens/status/1576998875461980160?s=46&t=Q3bkoJRPOkK3R6fx0WfnuQ

Oops, Talbot trade seemed cool at the time

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

In more Pens news sounds like P.O. Joseph is on the block before he gets waivered away for free

So the return for Kessel coming off an 82 point season amounted to 1 horrid partial season of Galchenyuk and a dman that can't outplay Ty Smith in camp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
The season is almost upon us. Come join us in the new season’s N/V thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4013945