Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jhet posted:

That's not half bad.

No, it's all bad!

It needs a Jagr style hockey mullet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Will this be Gritty’s accomplice or victim?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

fartknocker posted:

Yes.

:unsmigghh:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Yikes. Cuddles was way better.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Aww, it's...a thing.

fartknocker posted:

https://twitter.com/SEAbuoy/status/1576390774052507648?t=mpt27dd2t0hH5XAXRqhLnQ&s=19

E-
https://twitter.com/GrittyNHL/status/1576391122741383168?t=-oJxkBYgytBZdSonSTfIFg&s=19

https://twitter.com/SEAbuoy/status/1576398869830606849?t=ZrTnto7ZrxwLYQ3BdKEmwg&s=19

Hahahaha this thing rules.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 2, 2022

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
It’s a troll. If it’s not trolling people then what’s it doing.

It’s not like they could use a Sasquatch, it’s been done before with Squatch. And at least it’s not some tentacled mascot because it’s Seattle and someone would immediately put it in a hentai.

I don’t like the stupid grin on it, but it’s a mascot and it was inevitable.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I remember thinking that Victor E Green looked idiotic and I wondered what the point of it was but the kids go nuts for these mascots and if they are making the game better for hundreds of kids then what's the problem.. I'm sure the troll will be a bit hit with the youth and new fans in Seattle.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
One things for sure, that mascot would be a better coach than Seattle’s current coach.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/EmeraldCityHky/status/1576396381673033730?t=0RTjKS9VY8k7bzQ2UU1Kqw&s=19

lol

Anyway I wish they had picked anything else other than the Fremont troll as a basis of design because yeah gently caress that particular piece of work:

https://twitter.com/Hockeyfork/status/1576414836983939072?t=_LBbOQLCsY9gKxEddKHHsQ&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

:gritin: okay this thing rules

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Yes but what kind of genitals does the troll have?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

So you’re already thinking about Buoy’s genitals eh

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Arivia posted:

So you’re already thinking about Buoy’s genitals eh

Getting dragged out of Climate Pledge arena by Bezos' goons because I won't stop shouting "but how does Buoy gently caress?!?!"

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

Getting dragged out of Climate Pledge arena by Bezos' goons because I won't stop shouting "but how does Buoy gently caress?!?!"

As a trans thank you for your allyship

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hand Knit posted:

So it's confirmed, the troll is a gently caress Buoy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It looks like a knockoff splatoon character

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Cocaine Bear posted:

:ughh:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
that looks straight out of the 1980s in a bad way

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cocaine Bear posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Somewhere, there is already Gritty x Buoy hentai

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

triple sulk posted:

Somewhere, there is already Gritty x Buoy hentai

that’s bait

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Buoy looks like a Tiktok influencer who went through a lot of effort to scrub their Homestuck shipping Tumblr from the face of the Internet and will call you transphobic if you dig it up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does the troll work? It doesn't seem like it would deter people from sleeping there much.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
fuckin gen z bullshit mascot

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

Does the troll work? It doesn't seem like it would deter people from sleeping there much.

Depends on if you pay the troll toll.

https://youtu.be/CtOEig1l8SA

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

I dunno, I guess if you have the choice of sleeping there or sleeping somewhere else without a troll statue some percentage of people may pick to sleep somewhere else.. but ultimately people are going to be sleeping somewhere so I don't really know what the point is.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Starsfan posted:

I dunno, I guess if you have the choice of sleeping there or sleeping somewhere else without a troll statue some percentage of people may pick to sleep somewhere else.. but ultimately people are going to be sleeping somewhere so I don't really know what the point is.

Can I introduce you to the NIMBYs in Seattle?

No it doesn’t really work that well. They could have spent that money on some actual homelessness solutions, but that would work on the actual problem and not the perceived problem.

Kind of like everyone blaming the Kraken goalies for being terrible instead of the defensive zone structure.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jhet posted:

Can I introduce you to the NIMBYs in Seattle?

No it doesn’t really work that well. They could have spent that money on some actual homelessness solutions, but that would work on the actual problem and not the perceived problem.

Kind of like everyone blaming the Kraken goalies for being terrible instead of the defensive zone structure.

In this case, both are actually true!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/status/1576515704219738116

TL;DR/for those without subscriptions, Chychrun was unwilling to waive his NTC for Columbus until they signed Gaudreau, but now they have enough defensive prospects that he may have cost himself an option to get out of Arizona.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Montreal still looking pretty loving bad even though it's the preseason. This club just does not get special teams play anymore. Like at all. :stare:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Aphrodite posted:

gently caress that poo poo, I ain't sleeping anywhere near Climate Pledge Arena with that thing lurking about.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Why the gently caress wouldn't you just do a kraken or something similar lmao

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

lmao someone took this as an opportunity to edit the fremont troll wikipedia page to remove all references to hostile architecture

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Good soup! posted:

Why the gently caress wouldn't you just do a kraken or something similar lmao

An Octopus like thing can't hug people and kids may be freaked out by it? I'm sure there's a good reason

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
an octopus has eight arms so it may actually be the best at hugging.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Why not a gnarly looking Cthulhu pirate like Bill Nighy in that movie

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Because it's copyrighted by a global gigacorp, would be a good guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀