Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Withnail posted:

Seeing Peter McNab was cool and depressing at the same time. I didn't know he was sick.

Here's my kid shaking his hand when he was healthy and the Avs sucked.

His cancer has been in remission for 4 months now, he's close to being cancer-free. Obviously nothing's certain with cancer but it seems like he'll be healthy again by the start of the regular season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

So Cyclops Theory turned out to be true?

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Avs are destroyed on the parade and it's wonderful.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

How overweight do you think MacKinnon will be when training camp rolls around? I mean, you won the cup, you can ease off the intense dieting and go nuts now!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aces High posted:

How overweight do you think MacKinnon will be when training camp rolls around? I mean, you won the cup, you can ease off the intense dieting and go nuts now!

MacKinnon's idea of a cheat day is dipping his carrots in low cal ranch dressing instead of hummus.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I think Mackinnon is the kind of guy who will eat a pizza once over the summer and be like "oooh I'm being bad"

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

MacKinnon's idea of a cheat day is dipping his carrots in low cal ranch dressing instead of hummus.

Mac in the offseason

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think Mackinnon is the kind of guy who will eat a pizza once over the summer and be like "oooh I'm being bad"

And won't shut about it for the entire meal. Every bite is preceded by "I'm going to regret this later but it's so good!"

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/RachRichlinski/status/1542556584600997888

oh my god lmao

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
you love to see it

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Obviously not a goon because he's not using the appropriate phrasing.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
We know the Avs are trashed right now but how likely is it they're also mashed on some of that Colorado government bud? I would be.

lol at Kadri mimicking Matthews' 'I can't hear you' gesture a bunch of times.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

xzzy posted:

Obviously not a goon because he's not using the appropriate phrasing.

Too Much Man would have been perfect

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Singing blink is cool

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Was All The Small Things their goal-scoring song or something?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
https://twitter.com/zayyy_lesss/status/1542571988195061760?s=21&t=s4SmqPvuAMK3hMu7Kcg2AQ

Lmaooooo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

lazerwolf posted:

Too Much Man would have been perfect

Just to make everyone feel old, that happened two years before Kadri was drafted.

Or if one prefers, two years after Sidney was drafted.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

Nah they just sing it during the 3rd period. Idk when it started though. I don't really remember it before Covid much so I feel like recently

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/lyssax86/status/1542577767040049153?t=x6ytd6Tpj3nuKU76G3jKQA&s=19

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
That's still a good few hours away from swimming in a public fountain, but I admire the Avs trying to get to Washington levels of drunkeness.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
not even close to Caps levels

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

an emotional Jared Bednar getting to the "guys... I just love you so much, I know I don't tell you enough but I really do" stage of drunk was both heartwarming and the best part of the parade

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I feel like the Avalanche would have been able to get to Caps levels of drunkenness if they had to wait like 5 or 6 more years before winning a Cup. There was certainly playoff disappointment from the Avalanche before this year but not nearly to the level of the Capitals pre 2018, which is what fueled their Cup bender. The Avs players had the potential but not the motivation IMO

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gotta give 110 percent and make sure those beers get on mouths

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

A picture from one of the times when Erik Johnson ran out of beer and started yelling to the crowd for someone to throw him one, they were all doing this

Mister Speaker posted:

In the 2017-2018 season, the arena DJ played it randomly and the crowd kept singing it after play resumed. The Avs wound up winning that game and ever since then, whenever the Avs are leading in the 3rd period at home and there are 10 minutes or less to play, it gets played.

midwest ink
Aug 12, 2007
black magic, you say?

I feel like Brett Hull hit Ovi levels of drunkenness celebrating the Blues cup win. One of favorite memories is drunk Vince Dunn trying and failing to connect on a knuckle bump with my son repeatedly.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

midwest ink posted:

I feel like Brett Hull hit Ovi levels of drunkenness celebrating the Blues cup win. One of favorite memories is drunk Vince Dunn trying and failing to connect on a knuckle bump with my son repeatedly.

Brett Hull is always drunk. It's his natural state of being.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ginette Reno posted:

Brett Hull is always drunk. It's his natural state of being.

Any excuse

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

Due to circumstances beyond my control I've lived in Buffalo for a couple of years now and it's a shithole full of exactly the kind of losers that would hold a grudge about that one time they almost accomplished something 20 years ago.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug
Not me though I'm cool and nice

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1542834745234554880?t=rx0Tg2ZDGURpI4v2p6OuIA&s=19

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Is that. MacDermid?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

yeah, the big lug is getting his name on the Cup so he may as well make his mark on it

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm feeling pretty generous today, it's Friday, I'm off, got some added comp from work in the form of RSUs. First Avs fan to PM me their address and size will get a TOO MANY MEN shirt shipped to them compliments of me.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm feeling pretty generous today, it's Friday, I'm off, got some added comp from work in the form of RSUs. First Avs fan to PM me their address and size will get a TOO MANY MEN shirt shipped to them compliments of me.

I'd love this, but don't want you to have to ship stuff to Europe. Would be an amazing shirt though.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

A custom TOO MUCH MANS shirt would be the coolest thing in human history

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ha, do we work for the same company?
Bad/Good day for a refurb Sonos Arc to go on sale...........

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ha, do we work for the same company?
Bad/Good day for a refurb Sonos Arc to go on sale...........

:unsmith: It was a good day even if our stock's getting crushed (I work in tech).

Shirt's on the way to Aces High. It goes to a really good cause too:

quote:

50% of proceeds from this T-Shirt sale will benefit the Nazem Kadri Foundation which focuses on giving back and raising awareness for Mental Health. This incredible design from Adrienne (@guffychan) will help you celebrate Mile High's first Cup victory since 2001.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

go for a stroll posted:

Due to circumstances beyond my control I've lived in Buffalo for a couple of years now and it's a shithole full of exactly the kind of losers that would hold a grudge about that one time they almost accomplished something 20 years ago.

found the guy no one in the neighborhood likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

loving awesome! As soon as I saw that shirt online I was thinking "sweet! now how to buy one" so I thank you very much Good Will Hunting