Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Its been a good 9 months since my team won a Cup, so I think it's about time for them to win another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I keep telling myself that no matter what happens, enjoy this run because it may never happen again in my lifetime, but as calm and carefree as I've been the last week, those playoff nerves are starting to come back. This playoff drug is the good poo poo.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

Ginette Reno posted:

How do they enforce these bans anyways? If this guy hypothetically tried to show up for a game it's not like the ticket scanners are likely to recognize him. And I doubt most ticket buying sites are hardcoded to stop certain people from buying tickets. Even if they were, he could get a ticket in a secondary market.

It generally varies arena to arena, but generally a fan's information is taken and sent a letter barring them from that facility for whatever period of time is being enforced whether it's a year or indefinite. If that person comes to an event at that arena during the time they're banned, they risk being charged with criminal trespass. Teams generally keep lists of names and information on those fans so they can be flagged if they attempt to buy a ticket. Not every team goes to that length, or will sometimes only input names of serious offenders (so if you were banned for a year for throwing something on the ice, you may not be on the biggest poo poo list).

Generally the team will notify the league about those fans and relay the information to them so the league can send them a letter barring them from all league events. Generally these folks are not tracked so if this fan bought a ticket to a Devils game, there would not be an issue unless they got into an incident there as well.

Pretty much all of these letters are deterrents with the treat of criminal trespass. There's some pretty easy ways around them if you really wanted to get around it.

I do security work for a sports league for reference.