Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

aejix posted:

That PING sound

Gretzky had it, and lost it.
https://youtu.be/d8RdJrzNHHg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I hope every game of Flames/Oilers is reminiscent of the Pens/Flyers clown show from a decade ago or whenever that was. That was a fun game, especially with the Tkachuk/Kane stuff.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

fisting by many posted:

I posted this in the offseason thread last week, but I've worked on it some more and polished it up since then, and I want to share and show off this thing.

Scoreboard Watching

For when you miss a game, or part of a game, and you want to catch up on the results, but want a little more suspense than just checking the score would provide. It loads the actual play by play data from the NHL API and replays the game on a virtual scoreboard and ice rink. 100% spoiler free.

Ok thanks.

This rules. EDM/CAL game 1 is hilarious.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

th3t00t posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA-hc_1u3oM

Kadri's line was going well wide of Binnington until the contact with Rosen. Seems pretty clear Kadri wasn't in control of where he landed and slid after bouncing off Rosen and falling down.

If Kadri went into Binnington like this "unassisted", then yeah, throw him out of the league. But it doesn't even look questionable that it was an accident.

It looks like incidental contact to me.
Unfortunate and unlucky incidental contact that resulted in an injury, but I don't see any intent by Kadri to hit Binnington.

You can see Kadri try to stop, but his left skate caught an edge (at 0:35) and he toppled forward, and toward Binnington when he was hit by Rosen. If you want to give him 2 for interference, whatever, but I don't think that even comes close to the suspension threshold, despite his previous record.

Ugh I can't believe I'm going to bat for Kadri.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

MJeff posted:

Berube not even being able to muster a "threats are bad" to this is so loving pathetic. Good thing this absolutely bitchmade organization is only gonna be in the playoffs for one more game.

https://twitter.com/mikeystephens81/status/1529055276921495552

Telling someone to suck a stale fart is pretty good. It’s just a shame the rest of the message was racist and homophobic poo poo.

I can’t imagine getting this angry and lovely about sports.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Tim Peel was the guy who took a shot/dump-in off the nuts in the corner and it went past Luongo, right?

If so, that was wonderful.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

This is fun. Each loop you see a new penalty.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Helm? Like Darren Helm?!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

AsInHowe posted:

I'm rooting for the team Steve Yzerman built, the Tampa Bay Lightning

Same. I don’t wear #19 in my lovely beer league for no reason.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

DrunkPanda posted:

If the Lightning lose against the Avs, this will be the third straight year that Corey Perry lost in the Stanley Cup Finals.... I think that means everybody is morally obligated to root for the Avalanche to win

Didn’t that happen to Hossa and…. Whoever that goalie was?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I’m torn.
A) go Lightning!
B) gently caress Corey Perry
C) gently caress that turtling rear end in a top hat, Claude Lemieux, go Lightning

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

It was amazing how mad he got about them too

I wonder if evil waldo is going to be a thorn in the side of Torts?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Ban on-the-fly changes and make it like basketball where you have to wait for a whistle to make a substitution.

And increase the timeouts to 6 per half per team.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I want a triple overtime where the Lightning score a potential winning goal but it’s overturned on a goalie interference challenge, then the Avs go down and score 30 seconds later to win the Cup.

But then that goal goes to video review and Landeskog is seen to be 2.6mm offsides while making a change, then Tamps goes down and scores.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm feeling pretty generous today, it's Friday, I'm off, got some added comp from work in the form of RSUs. First Avs fan to PM me their address and size will get a TOO MANY MEN shirt shipped to them compliments of me.

Ha, do we work for the same company?
Bad/Good day for a refurb Sonos Arc to go on sale...........

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Good Will Hrunting posted:

:unsmith: It was a good day even if our stock's getting crushed (I work in tech).

Yep, pretty sure we work for the same company :)