Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Flames calling up Dustin Wolf for a short look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mr. Kite posted:

Mike Smith's 4 prior playoff series:

He was actually pretty good until game 3 in 2019.

Even in that game, guy was getting pelted by a pretty good team. Smith has his moments, he just shouldn't be a starter anymore.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

The NHL couldn't even rig the draft lottery to send Matthews to Arizona

Maybe they just didn't feel like it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'm just trying to imagine what kind of poo poo Mike Ribeiro would hear

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Jake Oettinger is gonna get paid

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I look at it the opposite way. If FL is up 2 or 3 games to none(or even 0-0 in this years context) and you lose this way its one thing. But when you're up in the series and in the game that late and blow it in that fashion its devastating. Theres no excuse or silver lining.

Like if the caps went up 3-1 but then the panthers ripped off the next 3 straight i can even see saying yeah, the better team won. But this sort of game is the one you look at later as the backbreaker.

Like you wonder how the SCF series would have progressed on if the Vegas guy had gotten his shot up higher, and "the save" was never made? Thats not the sort of thing you just shrug off.

That is nonsense. Having the ability to take a couple games from a very likely cup contender is absolutely better than getting swept

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Kaprizov is the best player on the ice but the rest of the Wild haven't been particularly great

Fleury has been crap. .906 sv pct, 3.04 GAA, -1 GSAA. Dudes been giving up huge juicy rebounds.

And St.Louis are good enough to make Minnesota pay for it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

aejix posted:

Gonna be real interested to see what Jake Oettinger gets paid on his next contract

That PING sound has shades of Sundin's OT winner against the sens from nearly a quarter of a century ago: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rxdky7ycccg

I think he's been part of the reason they've been competitive, I gotta think they'll offer him max years at like 6-8 million aav

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Misanthrope posted:

Personally I think he's the only reason they've been competitive this series... Dude is lights out and has to be because Dallas is creating absolutely nothing out there.

Pavelski probably deserves some credit, he has almost half their goals

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Arivia posted:

Let’s be fair, the Gilmour/Burns years were a genuinely good team and the Sundin/Quinn Leafs weren’t bad either. It’s just been this last fifteen years that the absolute choke imperative has descended.

Yeah, the Gilmour squads were probably the best of my lifetime. They had depth and a good top 6, and a good head coach. They also got screwed on a superstar call, although ultimately if they'd won the next game it wouldn't have mattered.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I would say this is Mennoknight but I know he's too old to be that. But this is how I imagine him typing at his computer

Don't be absurd.

He types with one hand, churns butter with the other.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://flamesnation.ca/2022/05/16/adam-klapka-calgary-flames-czechia-contract/

Flames signed a huge guy who probably stinks

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Yeah it's only an egregious breach of justice and bad interpretation of rules when it doesn't benefit your team

This is pretty much half your posts about the Bruins, particularly when Marchand is back on his bullshit, so good to see you get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

No it's not lol

You're right, more like 2/3