Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I understand resting the heavy-hitters (offensively speaking) when we've clinched the conference, but what the gently caress is the point of attempting to injure players against a team you aren't playing until the 2nd round, assuming either team makes it? I mean, if you were gonna go out and do that poo poo, shoulda done it last night and tried to slewfoot Roman Josi or something.

I'm not endorsing it, just saying it's dumb now and just makes other teams angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Johnny's gotta start scoring goals in the playoffs too, this is a two-way street

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Jhet posted:

He’s not a thug, I’m just convinced he loses where the line is during the playoffs. He got suspended for 8 games just last year. He needs to make it through the playoffs without taking a stupid suspension before he gets to shake that rep.

That 8 game suspension was bullshit and everyone in SAS was in agreement. He absolutely deserved discipline for what he did but 8 games was horseshit compared to what other players were getting away with (what did Scheifele get for trying to kill somebody? Not an 8 game suspension)

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Did my eyes deceive me or did Jack Johnson not play at all last night? I liked that, the Avs should do that more often

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

drat, outside of the Flames/Stars series and a couple other games this first round is a real shooting gallery. In the predictions thread I thought people were having a laugh with saying so many goals will be scored but no, already over 50 goals and we're only half-way through round 1

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So if Dallas beats Calgary, will they face the Avs in round 2? Or will they face LA/Edmonton? I kind of forget how the seeding works now that we have the divisions back

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah, and it turns out Kenney didn't actually step down, so I'm gonna limit my alcohol consumption so I'm not more depressed

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well we lost a good d-man, the Blues lose their goaltender. We're square

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

We're putting Jack Johnson in?! What the gently caress! Macdiermid is right there, at least if he botches on the defense it was because he was trying to kill a motherfucker

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

He is going to be considered a hero if they win next game

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So Kadri is one thing, and I imagine DoPS won't do anything supplementary for all the heat he got, but what about all the other dumb poo poo Perron did last night to other Avs players that weren't Kadri? They gonna have anything to say about spearing Toews?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Kite posted:

Edmonton will riot after Colorado sweeps them. Thousands of dollars of damage.

Katz will still find a way to make the city pay for those too

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I agree, they just need to keep pouring it on and aim for 10 every game

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

DrunkPanda posted:

I also really hate the way he comes off in press conferences. For example, with the Kadri situation, when that rear end in a top hat Berube instigated everything and then "no comment"s about the death threats and racism Kadri faces. Bednar just defended him, his take on the situation was just mind-numbingly stupid. Like why the hell are you defending that?!

It's like he's too concerned with the other side liking him. He's always defending questionable behavior/calls from opposing coaches/players/refs. That would irritate me a lot if I was one of his players, it irritates me a lot as just a fan...

I wouldn't be surprised if part of his reason for doing that is because he is a new coach in the NHL. He got hired from an AHL team iirc so he's probably trying to not rock the boat so he doesn't just disappear when the Avs are done with him

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

we thank you for your service

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I'm curious if Manson will keep playing the way he has, we may only have to expose JMFJ to the third and fourth lines

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

How many hat tricks in the Avs-Oil series do you reckon?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

As an Avs fan I'm just gonna see it as penance for the disallowed goal from 2019 because Landeskog was still on the ice while changing because the door was stuck

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

To think that the one season Kadri has it all together something like this happens. If I had the supplies with me I'd make my own "do it for her" sign, with a whole bunch of Kadri pics of course

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

How bad are gas prices in Cali? Alberta (and Edmonton specifically) has the cheapest gas prices in Canada, but it's still about $5/gal, well about $6.70 in loonies.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Well Rantanen has woken up and MacKinnon and Makar are still monsters so I think we still have good odds. Besides that we still have pretty great depth, sure being down Girard and Kadri makes it tough but they have some rest now and they have home ice advantage against either opponent.

I doubt the Avs will sweep or be swept but I'm sure the finals are going to be high energy and very exciting to watch, in many different ways

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I don't even want to think about how expensive tickets would be if Edmonton got to the Finals

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I mean, he still had 22g and 61p in the regular season. I think the rumblings that he was playing hurt for the first two rounds were true and if all he does is score clutch goals then that's all we need to win!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Or just their presence in the practice rink will be a morale boost for the team!

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

go for a stroll posted:

I don't know if this is an attack on my weight, sense of style, or opinion on how many times you can wear pants between washes. In any case I'm still in my pajamas.

To be clear, the matching pajamas make me less of a dork.

Nah it's a reference to some insufferable Pens fan (pretty sure it was Pens) who actually got to get a picture with the Cup and we all mocked them for their schlubby khakis after posting the picture here.

Good times, then we also had the one (1) Vegas fan that kept whining on how the team was poo poo after losing in the SCF in their inaugural season

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Maybe he is feeling a little bit better about his eye and therefore is calmer.

I'm curious if Colorado will maintain their perfect road record. If they drop 1 then they can win at home and that would be a great party to watch. But if they sweep, well, I wouldn't complain about that either

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

And he still managed to get points too. Kadri's gonna put the dagger in either tomorrow or on Wednesday

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Timby posted:

Is there a clip yet of Kuemper murdering a guy with a shot from behind the net?

That was the funniest thing since you can tell he was just panic clearing the puck and it just so happened to bean the Lightning player in the head

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Simplex posted:

My prognostication for tonight is that there is just too much going wrong for Tampa, but I do think it will be a closer game. As for result I think it depends on Burakovsky. With him I think Avs win 4-2. Without, the Avs have a bit of a scoring depth problem, so Tampa maybe won't have to fix all the poo poo that's wrong and just worry about putting a lid on Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen. Tampa could sneak a win.

Shutting down those three only gets you so far when Makar is out there embarrassing the Lightning from a defense and offense perspective. That and Manson and Lehkonen are also dangerous offensively

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

How would that help? Wouldn't that hinder the Lightning just as much?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

I wasn't able to watch last night but I see the score. How bad was it in reality?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Naz is having the time of his career this postseason, he even got time off like every other year but thankfully not for a lovely suspension

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

So who is in the race for Conn Smythe? Both MacKinnon and Kadri got hat tricks and have been major contributors elsewhere throughout all 4 series. Makar is just a goddamn beast but Landeskog has also been ever present throughout as well.

I feel on the Lightning side (assuming they can push back) it's Vasilevsky and......what, Kuch again?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Kucherov hasn't gotten it yet? Wow for some reason I thought he got it during one of the past 2 cups

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

so Jack Johnson can retire now, right?

...right?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

been cheering for them for 22 years and I ain't stopping any time soon

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

fermun posted:

another angle immediately after NAK dents the cup:

this is on par with that season of Battle of the Blades where the winners immediately dropped the trophy when they were gonna skate around the rink and it broke

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Which teams still haven't even made it to the Finals? Have the Jets/Coyotes made it? Pretty sure the Thrashers/Jets haven't and I feel like Minnesota hasn't either

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

He's come a long way from pulling his groin getting out of a golf cart.

That was EJ, right? Back during the dreadful Sacco years?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

How overweight do you think MacKinnon will be when training camp rolls around? I mean, you won the cup, you can ease off the intense dieting and go nuts now!