Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Genuine question which probably comes off salty cause I'm an Avs fan but how do you contest the puck like Naz did and avoid contact? I don't think he can change directions and make a play. Binnington's step that Kadri sees before he makes his momentum changing move is moving right and Kadri has the opportunity for a rebound so this seems like it would be a total non-issue if it wasn't Kadri.

Good Will Hrunting fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Eric the Mauve posted:

You're not allowed to run through the goalie. Every skater is responsible to not contact the goalie in the crease, it doesn't matter where the puck is at the time.

Kadri absolutely turned himself in such a way as to ensure he hit Binnington. It blows my mind that people who aren't Avs fans could possibly think otherwise. Even apart from his track record.

Running goalies is excellent strategy since it is never punished by anything more than a minor, and usually not even that, and goalies are easy to injure with how much they contort themselves and how much weight they're carrying while they do it.

Jordan Binnington is comically immature and all the LOLs at the Blues for giving him a megacontract he wasn't worth on the best day of his life. Switching him out for Husso doesn't really change their fortunes.

Are we watching the same reply? Kadri had the momentum and direction to take a shot AND totally miss Binnington if the defender isn't there.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

WeaponX posted:

It’s actually Kadri’s job to score goals and there is a very clearly loose puck.

Asked a few pages ago what you're supposed to do in a situation like this and nobody answered. But :hmmyes: I like this one

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

DrunkPanda posted:

Burakovsky is still trash. Make him a healthy scratch again. I don't know if Newhook is actually better, he didn't really do much when he was in, but maybe try him again? Or put in any random guy you have

Newhook's performance in the game he played was markedly better than Burakovsky. Burakovsky looks pretty cooked. I'm mostly worried about JMFJ and Kuemper, but I think it is a mistake to play Burakovsky over Newy.

Also gotta give Bo credit. He's had a very, very strong past few games. I feel a little better with our chances after watching him play fairly well this week.

I'm worried about Rantanen not waking up, too. He's looked lost. His step is still there he just seems to be fractions of a second too slow in decision making and it's cost him a few goals.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Rantanen's problems aren't like glaring, he's had a few miscues but he's also missed at least 4 goal chances due to crazy good saves or just being off the mark with elevation. I absolutely would not cut him. He was pretty solid in the playoffs last year too, with a GWG in OT if I recall correctly. He's probably hurt and his step is a bit off, which is a perfectly valid excuse and I feel for him because when he's on he's really good.

Either way Arturri has been playing really well and Valeri has been playing okay, like you said I probably call up Newhook because he isn't turning it over like Burakovsky has been.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Poster quality in NHL threads is way better than TFF threads and trust me,,,,,,, I'd know

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

MoaM posted:

Uhhh, no. Kadri should be in this series.

I think he meant both Kanes, in which case :agreed:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
3-0 lead and I'm looking at cup tickets at MSG because why not. I'm not sure why I expected less but yikes, these are steep as poo poo. Not sure how much I'd be willing to spend to go into enemy territory but maybe if I just go with the Nordiques gear Rangers fans won't even know?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Haha

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
https://twitter.com/darrendreger/status/1533923953235963905?s=21&t=Fz0djj3oGWoQ43fTpFrHjQ

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm rooting for the team that's cool and good and fun to watch and that's the Colorado Avalanche

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Nah gently caress the 2011-2015 or whatever Seattle "can't call holding on every play!" Seahawks, that style was absolute bullshit

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The two best players on the ice by a large margin both play for the Avs, relax

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Val sold his options extremely well on that pass, it was nice and good imo

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Post/username combo is strong with this one

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The refs swallowed the whistle all night, how are people surprised this wasn't called

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Watching the Avs scoring chances before the goal again and holy gently caress how did they not score lmao, this was just an unrelenting attack. Bowen is the real deal too.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Doesn't look like Nichushkin is playing tonight, god damnit

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

TheBizzness posted:

I’m a Dolphins fan who will never see a Championship so back to back cups and a chance for a third was pretty loving cool.

Proud of the boys.

Lightning and Fins is a weird combo, unfortunate when that cursed legend is on the Buccaneers

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

TheBizzness posted:

The Blues and Lightning should play now for some sort of second place trophy (I miss hockey already and I think it would be a good matchup)

Me too. Desperate miss it already. This was probably the season where I watched the least regular season hockey. I picked up watching in 2009 with my college roommate and friend but mentally, after the Avs collapses in the playoffs post-rebuild (and being a fan of another team who collapses a lot in another spot) so many years in a row I needed a bit of a break from the constant stress and just didn't watch as much in general. Still followed and caught highlights but.... didn't force myself to stay awake on the east coast for every game. It let me enter the playoffs with a pretty zen feeling, which of course waned very quickly, but I feel like now that the Avs won a cup I'll be able to enjoy the regular season again next year without stressing.

Idk I'm broke brained and care too much about sports.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I hope I can make it to a game in Colorado. Had a trip fully planned right before Covid hit, and the past few seasons things haven't worked out with timing. It's fun to see games at MSG, less fun at the Rock due to transportation for me but still a blast because hockey is inherently my favorite sport to watch live.... but I'd love to be able to see a new arena this coming year.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Probably can't even watch the parade cause I'm super swamped with meetings on what should be a no meetings day but since Friday is a holiday for my department everyone felt the need to schedule meetings and I'm pretty sad. gently caress our hiring plan, I wanna watch my boys celebrate.

EJ posted a video of a cup party that I'm guessing is Gabe's and the amount of McDonald's is definitely sending Nate crazy somewhere.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm feeling pretty generous today, it's Friday, I'm off, got some added comp from work in the form of RSUs. First Avs fan to PM me their address and size will get a TOO MANY MEN shirt shipped to them compliments of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Ha, do we work for the same company?
Bad/Good day for a refurb Sonos Arc to go on sale...........

:unsmith: It was a good day even if our stock's getting crushed (I work in tech).

Shirt's on the way to Aces High. It goes to a really good cause too:

quote:

50% of proceeds from this T-Shirt sale will benefit the Nazem Kadri Foundation which focuses on giving back and raising awareness for Mental Health. This incredible design from Adrienne (@guffychan) will help you celebrate Mile High's first Cup victory since 2001.