Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I'm rooting for Mr Sakic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

You're a gift from god, Nazem Kadri. A gift from god.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

The Avs got bumped from the playoffs because of a stupid offside call on Landeskog in a game 7 where he was nowhere near the play and was hopping over the wall onto the bench, so the linesmen owe us.

acidx fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 23, 2022

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Misanthrope posted:

I can't stop marveling at Makar.

Dude's been in the league 3 years and is a PPG+ player in the regular season and playoffs.

He's already under paid and he just signed the contract last year... he may be my favorite player to watch in quite some time.

He's gonna end up with 2, maybe even 3 hall of fame careers under his belt when it's all said and done.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

I'm conflicted because I want the Avs to win it in Denver but I work weekday nights, so if it's not tonight then I'll only be able to listen on the radio.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Grats lumpyguby and all the other old Avs fans. We fuckin did it

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Good soup! posted:

I prayed for Corey Perry to lose

Thank u for your service

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Simplex posted:

The Avs have $26 million in cap space but Manson, Kuemper, Burakovsky, Kadri and Nichushkin are all UFAs. I think Burakovsky and Manson are easy deals to get done and will be back. I don't know what the market will be for Kuemper, he's got Stanley Cup pedigree, but he wasn't very good in the playoffs, and Seattle is deeply regretting giving a bunch of money to Grubauer last year.

I figure Nichushkin is going to get silly money from someone who's definitely going to regret it, and so Colorado is going to be sitting at around 10 million in cap space, but also needing to extend MacKinnon next year. A Kadri deal could get done, I think, if he's willing to take a slight hometown discount.

My guess is that Plan B would be to move Girard for a 2C, and see what cheaper options there are for a 3rd pair defenseman.

I think there's about 0 chance that can find a way to bring Kadri back, but we'll see. His value will probably never be higher and he's a free agent so now is the time to get the big deal.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Jhet posted:

We haven’t even had free agency or a draft yet, how are there already odds.

It's gambling not science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

The Avs didn't win the president's trophy this year so I don't know why anyone would've considered them underdogs.