Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Pretty loving insane that this is the first time I have ever preferred LA or Toronto to win a series and it’s happening at the same time.

(Would still love it if the Leafs lost though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
It just hit me looking at the schedule that out of all the PST West Coast teams in the league, LA is the only one that made it.

Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, Seattle, Arizona out. Hope we still get a healthy dose of late games in the second round.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

heehee posted:

https://twitch.tv/streameastlive if you need a site to watch on, the bot posts the site in the chat once in a while (plus you can chat along with fellow twitch users, poggers!)
Says the channel was last live 2 years ago?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Markstrom vs Domingue SCF while Jim Benning rubs one out

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

You wouldn't want double myocarditis or you get a condition known as Grinchism.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
initial reaction: neat

secondary reaction milliseconds later: this is going to lead to those loving blob charts that i don't know how to read on the ice during play somehow because this is the shittiest timeline

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

grack posted:

Has Darryl Sutter managed to swallow his own head yet?

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mr. Kite posted:

If anyone gets a chance, read Freakonomics (pdf of text). Chapter 1 goes into cheating in Sumo wrestling. It happens. [Chapter 4 is also relevant these days.]

I remember that Lakers/Kings Game 6. Something was off there.
I watched that game live, and despite not knowing nearly as much about basketball, it was pretty evident something fucky was afoot.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Cocaine Bear posted:

Jesus, how old are you?
We’re all 30+ here, boy…..

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Leafs had to pick up a win so they could lose in game 7

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Spelling Mitsake posted:

What's with the dude stripping off his Stamkos jersey?
"Okayyyyyy, time to leave without getting murdered..."

*someone else notices, takes off their Holl jersey*

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Rangers or Penguins could theoretically make it to the SCF (you never know, especially considering Montreal and Dallas in the past 2 years), but watching a Rangers team whose star forwards generally aren't performing and whose MVP goalie has been average at best butt heads with a third string goalie and dead Sidney Crosby really feels like the winner will eventually lose to Florida or Carolina or whoever eventually, but good for them.

You can probably copy->paste the same thing about a few teams in the West getting to face Colorado too.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I want the stars to win, but I also want them to burn the organization to the ground. I'm a man of extremes
This was what it was like being a Canucks fan once we hired Boudreau.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Toronto’s a legit contender with a bright future, has lost every playoff series since 2004.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
The Kadri play was dirty enough based on his history that he deserves a suspension. Binnington is a whiny baby player, but goalies need to be protected; you can’t drive hard to the net and shove a defender in and risk injuring a guy.

Kadri was interviewed during the first intermission and he said he was pushed into the goalie which was just an outright lie. It was a garbage play.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
We're never going to hear the end of that non-goal. Never.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
New York/Tampa waltzing over to follow up Colorado/Edmonton

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
The winner of Tampa/New York walking in to watch game footage of the Colorado/Edmonton series

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
22 goals in 2 games is acceptable

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado looked amazing yesterday, but this series ain’t over yet.

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Mike Works posted:

Colorado looked amazing yesterday, but this series ain’t over yet.
:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike Works
Feb 26, 2003

Albino Squirrel posted:

Is it wrong I'm kinda tempted to put something down on Arizona at 500-1?
Not at all, that sounds pretty accurate for an average attendance figure.