Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Why does the NHL schedule like 15 games one night and 5 on the other why are they so bad at scheduling?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Yeah, I think there's very little chance the Caps make it out of round 1 either way, but I think those chances drop down to virtually nothing if they have to play the fancy cats.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

heehee posted:

any canadian non-leafs fan that doesn't have the leafs dead last is actually a leafs fan.
This is 100% correct

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

I will give them just enough energy to knock out Calgary because I think that would be the funniest upset in the first round.

Oilers and Leafs losing again in the first round would be funnier but this is a close third.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Ginette Reno posted:

Did someone post this last night and I missed it? I'm laughing so hard at this

https://twitter.com/liam_mchugh/status/1521682954652684290?s=20&t=FbCcboipWJQrJzosIYv7lQ

No, because it's not from last night it was from when the two teams played each other pre-playoffs about a week ago.

It's still funny though.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Powershift posted:

I'm constantly jealous of english football where opposing fan teams have their own sections and can take trains from city to city to watch their teams.

Imagine the Battle of Alberta with downtown-to-downtown high speed rail. The concourse fights would be amazing, and you wouldn't have to dodge Rams on the highway after the game.

I do support reserving tickets for the locals, especially with poor/small market teams facing nearby rich/large market teams, but the opposing team should get at least two full sections from boards to nosebleeds

I don't know how it works in other cities but I imagine it's the same, but here in Vancouver I always get us tickets in section 119, which is right in front of the Ovi spot where the Caps shoot twice. It's the one section of the arena where the majority of the fans are Caps fans, and Mr. Hookshot gets low-key mad that the one time a year we get to go see his hockey team in his hometown he's the one who's outnumbered in our section lol.

Also welp I thought this was the offseason thread.

Banning people from buying tickets is dumb in general, IMO. If you need your fans to show up, work harder to get a better fan base.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Aces High posted:

How bad are gas prices in Cali? Alberta (and Edmonton specifically) has the cheapest gas prices in Canada, but it's still about $5/gal, well about $6.70 in loonies.

When I was in San Francisco last month gas was up to around $8 a gallon, but I mean that was also right downtown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

triple sulk posted:

Giroux is the dumbest player in the NHL

But he has family in Florida and when else would he have a chance to see them other than the last four months?