Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Boston beat them the other night and held them to 20 shots. The Lightning dropped 8 on them a few days before that. One of the stats I've heard bandied around about them is how they've had 28 (?) comeback wins this season which, sure, great job, but that also means you put yourself in a position you had to come back from 28+ times.

I get that take, but I wouldn't use those two games as great examples as the team have gone past that point of having the burning need to score at any cost. The Boston game in particular I don't think anyone on the ice was putting any real effort in, and the individual charts show a team that just wanted to get to the final whistle after a single period. Losing 2 guys in that game did not help matters at all, and they're not going to field them tonight or tomorrow just because. I'd rather they put a bit more effort in this week tbh, I'd like to take home the Presidents Trophy as I think they've fought hard all year and it's absolutely theirs for the taking. But it's their call going into the playoffs next week, so if they wanna relax back then so be it.

The Cats go down goals in very similar scenarios each time. We come out strong in the first period and pepper the goal like 6 times over the course of 5 minutes, then there's a turnover and the opposing team scores on their first shot. It's happened so many times it's almost as if we wait for that before the game even officially starts now. The other is they get stuck in a weird momentum loss that means we'll eat like 3 goals in the space of 2 minutes. I don't know what it is about the third though, that's when we hold the other team to like 4 shots and just ramp up the intensity in an effort to score on every shift - because each of the lines when healthy is very capable of scoring. Now obviously the big question is, in the playoffs can they get out of that way of play, and work out the other team in the series before their weaknesses get exposed or if it'll all go to hell. We've mixed up lines an awful lot throughout the season to work out where the chemistry lies, as said above the depth is fantastic, I feel on paper we should be able to keep things fluid and hard to predict but there's definite holes. Once again, going into the post season without Ekblad is a huge loss that worries me more than our unpredictable goaltending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Aphrodite posted:

The Florida teams should lose because if they win there will be a Ron DeSantis press conference about it.

Hopefully to say that South Florida has become it's own state, and we're taking Orlando with us.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Panthers discord just exploded in celebration. Thank you, Preds!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Strange energy from this Sens dude who is mad that we sat half our team and only beat them 4-0

https://twitter.com/RoddieGilbert/status/1519811329070088193

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Having a completely meaningless game tonight gives me a serene feeling.

It's a feeling I'm not going to have until the first pre-season game.

I shall cherish it, as I'm fully expecting my watch to give me multiple 'you aren't moving much but your heart is about to explode' warnings over the next few weeks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Any point doing team write ups before it all kicks off? I’ll happily do a panthers one if so.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’m delighted we actually get moved from the godawful 7pm start to 730pm. That 30 minutes makes a huge difference with the lovely traffic.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/JamesonCoop/status/1521138799455129600?t=YwoAOICYP2iGnQ2t2iVz3A&s=19

Ekblad practicing in top pairing which is encouraging, the last clip I saw of him just over a week or so ago did not look like someone who was ready to take the ice but we've just gotten to the early part of his expected recovery window. I've been pessimistic about his return chances for the first few games, but this makes me happy.

Other than Nutivaara who has only played 1 game with us all season, it looks like we're going into post season pretty healthy which is great to see.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just in case it means anything to anyone here, for the first round of games where both your regional sports network and the big national broadcaster gets the game - unlike the previous years the national feed won't be blacked out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hahahaha holy gently caress who thought this was a good idea

https://twitter.com/andyslater/status/1521607378172620800?s=21&t=8Hzib0Qibuv2wF60Rbp1lQ

Other than me, a previous vuvuzela owner, of course. Holy poo poo I can’t wait for the arena to get full of Florida drunks blasting these things all game.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I was really hoping having Ekblad back would help Weegs get out of his rut, but it seems that hasn’t been the case. Frustrating, but Thursday is another day.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Skipping game 1 and going to the Panthers/Caps game tonight was definitely the right move. Probably won’t have much of a voice tomorrow, but drat that was a bunch of fun.

Still can’t get over how awful we looked the first 15 minutes though, sheesh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

https://twitter.com/flapanthers/status/1522720365654384640

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Dirty Burger posted:

A bunch of people from Florida already tried this last year

drat Bolts fans always making us look bad

kalensc posted:

They already Red X'd their own avatar, they have no hope.

Arrrrrgh! Quickly need to change it to the vibin’ panthers before anyone notices.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

FunOne posted:

Be a fan of whatever team is close enough to go to the games. Hockey is good on TV, but it's an excellent in-arena experience.

And Panthers are still a very affordable team to go see. Come join us.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

taco show posted:

I’m in Raleigh for work and they won’t let me buy a ticket to the game bc of my credit card zip. I am definitely not a bruins fan and I’m even wearing red :colbert:

Try the box office directly perhaps? But yeah that’s lame for sure.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Eric the Mauve posted:

Tampa doesn't get into the obvious shitheadery too much

They're a team that relishes trying to injure players during the pre-season even.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Tomorrows game between the Leafs and Bolts might be the most excited I’ve been for a game that doesn’t involve my team in years. Both outcomes are just great stories… you either get two teams that struggle to get out of the first round facing eachother and guaranteeing one gets to the third, or a second round of the Baffle of Florida which could be incredible.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good old NHL booking Tampa/Panthers so I believe 6 of the 7 games clash with the Heat and we have a b2b game because of a concert in Tampa. All of which could’ve been avoided if we had the Wednesday start.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

do we have any really rabid Florida fans? if not, we need an EBUG-style system for someone to go at Wonderllama and the rest of the Lightning fans for the next two weeks

Not sure I qualify as rabid, but I can get drunk and surly when we lose games if that helps things out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I had the misfortune to listen to Esposito because I was out of local coverage driving home and dear lord it was painful.

I get the feeling Joe is in tonight to give him his final game.