Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

cspam should have even more genocide denial

the lithuanian crusade never happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

hmm you've got fancy custom css but there isn't even a sticky thread acknowledging that the forum servers are hosted on stolen land... i guess that's what you get in the genocide denial forum...

:thunk:

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

the drat things could be in a supply shed in turkmenistan for all we know and some radium fuckery prevents them from being physically relocated

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Azathoth posted:

the drat things could be in a supply shed in turkmenistan for all we know and some radium fuckery prevents them from being physically relocated
:rolleyes:

ISP: CloudFlare Inc.
Region: Texas
City: Dallas

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I agree

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

[BIGOTRY] CSPAM GENOCIDE DENIAL >>MEGATHREAD<< [OFFICIAL]

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

To that poster's credit, that seems to have been their last post altogether. If only all the other whiners would follow their cue and just stop posting themselves.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities
Also, in less than a month's time, I have turned the Ukraine/Russia thread into the greatest Ukraine/Russia thread on the forums, and dare I say on the internet. This is all due to my servant-leadership - and you're welcome, CSPAM. To quote Jim Stephanie Sterling, thank God for me.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

cathars aren't Real

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Smythe posted:

[BIGOTRY] CSPAM GENOCIDE DENIAL >>MEGATHREAD<< [OFFICIAL]

On it!

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

dang it Smythe!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Azathoth posted:

dang it Smythe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q-U2THOF00

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Dreylad posted:

cathars aren't Real

It's true, the Albigensian Crusade was a natural disaster.:hai:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Make AnimeIsTrash IK of the other mod feedback thread.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I demand more pictures of crows

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yadoppsi posted:

Reboot the culture warriors thread. Its gone sour and seems to be attracting the detritus from the PYF anti-leftist thread that was closed when several of that thread's superstars outed themselves as pedos.

Also combine the 2 history threads, they barely get enough posts to stay on the second page as is.

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

ty

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I demand more pictures of crows

Request denied.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Majorian posted:

Also, in less than a month's time, I have turned the Ukraine/Russia thread into the greatest Ukraine/Russia thread on the forums, and dare I say on the internet. This is all due to my servant-leadership - and you're welcome, CSPAM. To quote Jim Stephanie Sterling, thank God for me.

good work

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I think you're all doing great

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Gassing the genocide megathread was a bad decision. Now without it, genocides will be allowed outside of the thread.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

the opposite of genocide denial is genocide acceptance

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

As far as who should be acknowledged, strictly speaking CSPAM used to be a subforum of D&D until outside powers split it off and granted it independent governance. Less strictly speaking, CSPAM should probably acknowledge that they are now sitting on the ideological land LF was displaced from so long ago.

My personal opinion is that the forum should just acknowledge the taserballs guy in general because thinking about how a guy tried to do a coup of the US government only to die of a heart attack via testicular electrical excitement applied via pocket taser as he attempted to steal a portrait of one Thomas Philip "Tip" O'Neill always makes me laugh

Majorian posted:

Thank you for your strategic mastermind Marhsal

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Too many posts.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Harold Fjord posted:

Too many posts.

We'll be turning on slow mode forum wide starting at midnight to address this.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Azathoth posted:

We'll be turning on slow mode forum wide starting at midnight to address this.

Thank you I was starting to be concerned about accessibility and if it would be needed to get the fire marshal involved

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
sigs should be forced on and everyones sig should have a land acknowledgement even if they dont live in settler colonial countries

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

As mods, we would like to acknowledge that the forum we shitpost on is on land that rightfully should be governed by Hillary Clinton. We acknowledge the painful history of the 2016 election and that it was her turn, and we honor and respect the many diverse discords still connected to this forum on which we gather.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

YOU'RE MORE POPULAR THAN ME! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR!?!?!?!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Azathoth posted:

YOU'RE MORE POPULAR THAN ME! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR!?!?!?!

if you fee cumshitter, I promise to post "AnimelsTrash more like JustPlainTrash" in every thread AnimelsTrash makes

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Unfortunately, cumshitter is going to stay perma'ed. Even though Alec goaded him and I'm generally sympathetic to him, what he said was way over the line and we do take a very hard line towards doxxing and threats of such.

gremlins two
Aug 14, 2019

Cloks posted:

keep alec eiffel banned

edit: oops :justpost:

gremlins two has issued a correction as of 23:57 on Apr 28, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

I was going to say the pre modern history thread should be stickied but there's way too many stickied threads

so I guess my feedback is fewer stickied threads? idfk.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Dreylad posted:

Alec has been permabanned I believe.

To submit myself to conscientious self-criticism, I think one of the things I've learned to spot and try to stop is main character syndrome, where people do just that. It's tough to know when to pull the plug because sometimes people enjoy just flaming the person, and that person also seems to get some weird perverse pleasure getting dunked on, and as long as it sticks to general teasing there's nothing really wrong with that. But it almost always turns sour at some point and then you have to step in.

I also posted about it in the thread earlier, but I think the U/R thread is in a good place with some IK support. It's my fault that it ever got to the point where it needed to be put into slow mode. I needed to get help covering the thread before it got to that point. So that's on me.

Main character syndrome doesn't exist, it's just a stupid thing mods made up in order to do less work.

Free Alec!

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Azathoth posted:

Unfortunately, cumshitter is going to stay perma'ed. Even though Alec goaded him and I'm generally sympathetic to him, what he said was way over the line and we do take a very hard line towards doxxing and threats of such.

If anyone had stepped in and given cumshitter a cooldown probe it never would have come to a perma.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
mistakes have been made but i think we all agree undo the permabans and free larry

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

free cumshitter and transfer his permaban to alec like a sin eater

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 01:53 on Apr 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

If anyone had stepped in and given cumshitter a cooldown probe it never would have come to a perma.

Yep, and that's why we've significantly expanded the mod and IK roster since then.

But it doesn't change that, at any point, he could have just not said he was going to doxx Alec, at that point it would have just been something he would have gotten a little time off for, maybe a ban but he'd be back. But he didn't, he said he was going to doxx Alec and that is one of the worst things someone can do on the forums.