Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Shear Modulus posted:

free cumshitter and transfer his permaban to alec like a sin eater

hell, give alec dolphin's perma too as long as dolphin promises to not kill and eat any mods

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

hell, give alec dolphin's perma too as long as dolphin promises to not kill and eat any mods

i feel like they shouldn't make promises they don't know they can keep

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Free Cumshitter

The stock market is melting down again and both cumshitter and oxsnard are nowhere to be found.

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

Main character syndrome doesn't exist, it's just a stupid thing mods made up in order to do less work.

Free Alec!

Admittedly it’s hard to feel like you’re part of the conversation if you don’t get quoted a few times, but people who take this to an insane conclusion and spam posts until they get their yellow/purple dopamine rush loving suck. Part of the zen of posting on a web1.0 forum is knowing that people are reading your posts and thinking about them even if they don’t feel it necessary to quote in response.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

the thinking mans dopamine rush

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

cspam needs more hornyness. not just hornyness for stalin, though there can be more of that too

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Free Cumshitter

The stock market is melting down again and both cumshitter and oxsnard are nowhere to be found.

oxsnard owes me $500

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
users should be allowed one (1) attempted doxxing while on drugs

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

TheSlutPit posted:

Admittedly it’s hard to feel like you’re part of the conversation if you don’t get quoted a few times, but people who take this to an insane conclusion and spam posts until they get their yellow/purple dopamine rush loving suck. Part of the zen of posting on a web1.0 forum is knowing that people are reading your posts and thinking about them even if they don’t feel it necessary to quote in response.

Alec had a bunch of haters because he tried something new. Punishing that was stupid. Azathoth already admitted they didn't have enough staff to moderate effectively during that time. If he had faith in his new mods and IKs, he could bring back Alec and Cumshitter and there wouldn't be a problem the mods couldn't solve.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Alec had a bunch of haters because he tried something new. Punishing that was stupid. Azathoth already admitted they didn't have enough staff to moderate effectively during that time. If he had faith in his new mods and IKs, he could bring back Alec and Cumshitter and there wouldn't be a problem the mods couldn't solve.

iirc a bunch of Trimp thread regulars quit the subforum specifically because of Alec Eiffelry

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

”With the coldest winter ever recorded, with snow setting record levels up and down the coast, the Nobel committee should take the Nobel Prize back from Al Gore"

Filthy Hans posted:

iirc a bunch of Trimp thread regulars quit the subforum specifically because of Alec Eiffelry

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine quitting because someone else is posting too much. Alec wasn't even aggro, people went on the attack whenever they saw him post. It was weird, and if they feel more comfortable posting on the discord instead of the forums, let them post on the discord. It's not like they came back.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Alec sucks and it's funny he managed to be so insufferable he got permabanned, do not free him

Absolutely clamp down on main character poo poo

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

i didnt even read the trump thread and was still occasionally subjected to seeing his horrible face

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Larry was aggro and weird, Alec was just weird. Unjust perma for sure.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

There are too many stickies. Most people use their bookmarks for following threads, and when those people browse the forum they're looking for new stuff not the same 500 stickied threads wasting space at the top.

Alternate approach: No more stickies because we need to be more democratic here, and the threads that earn the most posts deserve their top positions in the forum.

some plague rats posted:

Alec sucks and it's funny he managed to be so insufferable he got permabanned, do not free him

Also this.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine quitting because someone else is posting too much. Alec wasn't even aggro, people went on the attack whenever they saw him post. It was weird, and if they feel more comfortable posting on the discord instead of the forums, let them post on the discord. It's not like they came back.

some plague rats posted:

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

There are more than enough mods to deal with any problems now. It's time to free Alec and ask him if he felt threatened by Cumshitter. If not, free them both.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Multiple people PMed me to tell me such, and from what I can see it was true. His posting was demonstrably driving away other poster whether you believe it or not.

The problem with Alec was not that he should have been modded "better" but rather that his schtick was allowed to continue for as long as it did. When I came on as mod, I tried to get him to change his ways to be more in line with a harmonious thread, he actively resisted all that and refused to help the Trump thread be anything other than the Alec Eiffel thread. In the end, he decided he'd rather be permabanned than not be the star of the thread.

Is it possible that earlier intervention could have stopped him from going full psycho? Sure, it probably would have, but he was given ample opportunity to step back from the brink and chose not to. I have no reason to believe that if he were let back in that he would not just do the same poo poo.

Unlike cumshitter, I have no sympathy for Alec and the community is better off without him.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Azathoth posted:

Multiple people PMed me to tell me such, and from what I can see it was true. His posting was demonstrably driving away other poster whether you believe it or not.

Is that against the rules?

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Azathoth posted:

The problem with Alec was not that he should have been modded "better" but rather that his schtick was allowed to continue for as long as it did. When I came on as mod, I tried to get him to change his ways to be more in line with a harmonious thread, he actively resisted all that and refused to help the Trump thread be anything other than the Alec Eiffel thread. In the end, he decided he'd rather be permabanned than not be the star of the thread.

Is it possible that earlier intervention could have stopped him from going full psycho? Sure, it probably would have, but he was given ample opportunity to step back from the brink and chose not to. I have no reason to believe that if he were let back in that he would not just do the same poo poo.

Unlike cumshitter, I have no sympathy for Alec and the community is better off without him.

"Don't make life hard for Azathoth" is not a forum rule. Free Alec and Cumshitter both.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Is that against the rules?

Being so annoying that multiple better posters leave the thread? If you need a "rule" saying not to do that, you've got some hosed up D&D brain going on there.

But since you asked, yes rule 3:

quote:

Even if you aren't breaking a specific rule to the letter, if you're making consistently lovely and bad posts we will come down hard on you so don't do it! This includes being a huge rear end in a top hat for no reason and getting too personal with your insults.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

"Don't make life hard for Azathoth" is not a forum rule. Free Alec and Cumshitter both.

Isn't it about time for you to ragequit this account in a huff and start a new one?

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Azathoth posted:

Isn't it about time for you to ragequit this account in a huff and start a new one?

I'll outlast you, bithc.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hey, so about that main character rule.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I'll outlast you, bithc.
I believe in you.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Cpt_Obvious posted:

I have it on good authority that it's something I made up.

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Azathoth posted:

Lol Daniel Dales dicks is definitely one of the angrier people ive met on this forum. My feedback for him is thus: take a breather, remember your skills, and splash your face with ice water.

Daniel Dales Dick
Apr 8, 2020

Azathoth posted:

I have it on good authority that it's something I made up.

It's definitely something mods made up in order to ignore the queue. Effective moderation would fix 90% of "main character" bullshit, which is just people having disagreements.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's definitely something mods made up in order to ignore the queue. Effective moderation would fix 90% of "main character" bullshit, which is just people having disagreements.

It is rare to see someone argue so effectively or forcefully for their own banning, but who am I to tell someone how to live?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what about if instead of 'freeing' those idiots we just gave them a Second Chance so people would shut the gently caress up about it

give Cumshitter, Larry & Alec a Second Chance

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

we need a gulag sub-forum for rehabilitating the banned posters

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

It's a little known fact but we can't actually prevent permabanned posters from reregistering. They just need to use a different email and, most importantly, not post like they did when they got permabanned.

Alec and cumshitter could be here right now, reading this post from their shiny new accounts and we would never know. Well, unless someone who looks suspiciously like Alec in Groucho Marx glasses and a fake nose starts posting vlogs, or someone talks about how disappointed they are in their straight son.

As a matter of policy, we do not go looking into whether someone is permabanned unless they start to repeat the posting patterns that got them the perma in the first place. If they can be normal, decent posters there's very little danger of ever being found out, and many formerly permabanned posters do this and eventually acknowledge their old accounts even.

But the first step in that is proving they can be decent posters anonymously.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Azathoth posted:

It's a little known fact but we can't actually prevent permabanned posters from reregistering. They just need to use a different email and, most importantly, not post like they did when they got permabanned.

Alec and cumshitter could be here right now, reading this post from their shiny new accounts and we would never know. Well, unless someone who looks suspiciously like Alec in Groucho Marx glasses and a fake nose starts posting vlogs, or someone talks about how disappointed they are in their straight son.

As a matter of policy, we do not go looking into whether someone is permabanned unless they start to repeat the posting patterns that got them the perma in the first place. If they can be normal, decent posters there's very little danger of ever being found out, and many formerly permabanned posters do this and eventually acknowledge their old accounts even.

But the first step in that is proving they can be decent posters anonymously.

does this mean the poster formerly known as Crazy Cloud can post under that name again

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

im permabanned poster

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

you get the rest I'm not gonna look it up

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Cpt_Obvious posted:

combine two posting trends into one: main characters but only posting syq

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Filthy Hans posted:

does this mean the poster formerly known as Crazy Cloud can post under that name again

I'm unaware if the admins have put any specific prohibitions on them using their old name, I'd have to check if they'd like to do that, but aside from that I don't see why not.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Voice of Labor posted:

combine two posting trends into one: main characters but only posting syq

you're like Victor Frankenstein but instead of creating life in your laboratory you come up with the shittiest ideas known to man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Filthy Hans posted:

Crazy cloud has already been granted a formal pardon via qcs tribunal iirc