Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Like yeah it's out of place, but until this forum (by which I mostly just mean the admins and Jeff) actually starts dealing with the amount of people posting weird holodomor denial poo poo, it's pretty loving strange to be nuking anyone who brings up that the site has a huge problem with people just openly denying the holodomor.

Plz consult the other posts that got big probations in the same spree because those sure seem to be valid criticisms even if that wasn't the perfect thread for them and at some point they're going to have to be addressed. Why does this stuff always just get probated when it is brought up instead of dealt with?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Azathoth posted:

How we handle this in C-SPAM is that anyone denying that the Holodomor occurred, that is denying that there was a famine or positing that fewer numbers of people than academically accepted died, is gonna get probed. the question over whether it was genocide directed by the Soviet authorities towards Ukraine is an unresolved academic question and, as such, we do not probe for saying that it was an intentional genocide towards Ukraine in partiuclar, nor do we probe for saying that it was the result of bad Soviet policy but not intentionally designed to kill Ukrainians, nor do we probe for saying that it was essentially a natural disaster.

Frankly, I don't know enough about the issue to debate one direction or the other but that is where we are at policy-wise.

Radio Free Kobold posted:

look at this post.

i say again, look at this loving post. i will highlight the important part for you, because it's really bad!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS, what the sweet mother gently caress are you doing? targeting an ethnic, religious, or cultural group for extermination is genocide. denying the soviets intentionally targeted the ukranians for extinction through famine makes you a genocide denier

un gently caress your moral compass right now, holy poo poo.

for everyone else reading this, the admin of this forum is a genocide denier
leave this website. get out now

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

im still laughing that the call to have Jeffrey of YOSPOS put before a firing squad came from a Games poster replying in a QCS concern troll thread about CSPAM radicalization