Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

you should win prizes for posting

working on it, will get back to you on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

bedpan posted:

im still laughing that the call to have Jeffrey of YOSPOS put before a firing squad came from a Games poster replying in a QCS concern troll thread about CSPAM radicalization

it gave us this incredible QCS post

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

OP, mewling]: "im concerned about a violent radicalized culture festering in CSPAM, somewhere probably"

extremely badass Games poster]: The owner of Something Awful should be executed

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Red Baron posted:

like whatever other issues you had with Alec, his level of personally identifying information just haphazardly included with his posting history is weirdly high.

there was the dead sister paintings, all the vlogs in public places where he’s clearly with his family, the emails, the school vlog

that’s just what I can remember off the top of my head

be this as it may, even if it's information someone else haphazardly posted on the forum itself, any poster would be permabanned if they send that information to someone's employer (or threaten to send that information to their employer or anyone else in their real life), even if they do it while on drugs or because the person is a particularly bad poster. Real-life doxxing or threats of real-life doxxing is really not a hard line not to cross, and it is one of the few things that will lead to an instantaneous permaban pretty much no matter what the context is.

vyelkin has issued a correction as of 15:17 on Apr 29, 2022

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i imagined reports were handled by some internal ticket system and not just posts on an actual sub forum. that's a little wild.

Radium apparently coded the whole forum to revolve around posts, so a bunch of internal things are done via posting. The way a report works is that when you file a report, the SA Support Robot account makes a new thread in a subforum that only mods can see, which shows you the reported post and the info about the report, like who reported it and where and what the report text is. The internal ticket system is that mods then go through the report forum and respond to reports individually (by posting), and then an admin comes and files them away based on how the mod responded.

IKs can't see the report forum at all so they're all handled by mods. If something gets reported in a thread that has an IK we might talk to the IK about the report before responding to it, but it will still be a mod doing the response in the end.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Flavius Aetass posted:

3) IKs are currently only assigned to a particular thread informally and not all IKs are even assigned to a thread. I don't know if the system would even support per thread buttons training.

Thanks to Astral there is now a way to make thread-specific IKs, but so far we haven't been using it in CSPAM and have been sticking to naming IKs for the whole forum even if they're asked to just watch over a specific thread. The big reason for this is that discussions in CSPAM sometimes spread from one thread to another and we like it that IKs can follow a discussion from thread to thread if needed. In the future we might consider switching some forumwide IKs over to be thread-specific IKs in an effort to reduce the huge list of mod/IK names at the top of the forum index, but it would probably only be for specialized threads like the mental health thread where discussions are unlikely to spill over into other parts of the forum.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

a couple months ago one of my posting victims decided to strike back

black text so I think it might have been a mod?

I checked your account history and it wasn't a mod, but the system doesn't track av purchases through the store so we will never know who bought it unless they come forward.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Also this makes no sense:

Everything is created by someone else. What?

i.e., stuff created by people outside the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

paul_soccer12 posted:

you should win prizes for posting

ok it took a while but this is done now