Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

I'm sorry, I just can't imagine quitting because someone else is posting too much. Alec wasn't even aggro, people went on the attack whenever they saw him post. It was weird, and if they feel more comfortable posting on the discord instead of the forums, let them post on the discord. It's not like they came back.

some plague rats posted:

Alec sucks and it's funny he managed to be so insufferable he got permabanned, do not free him

Absolutely clamp down on main character poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Daniel Dales Dick posted:

It's definitely something mods made up in order to ignore the queue. Effective moderation would fix 90% of "main character" bullshit, which is just people having disagreements.

:rubby:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

The Voice of Labor posted:

the upvote/downvote thing on reddit should, in principle, remove the need for moderation. bullshit and spam should get immediately downvoted into oblivion. it should be a fully democratic enlightened posting experience. yet reddit is a cesspool

upvotes/downvotes means the reproduction of ideological biases especially in a platform built by a privileged sector of liberal democracy in the heart of capitalism, my sibling in christ