Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

There are too many stickies. Most people use their bookmarks for following threads, and when those people browse the forum they're looking for new stuff not the same 500 stickied threads wasting space at the top.

Alternate approach: No more stickies because we need to be more democratic here, and the threads that earn the most posts deserve their top positions in the forum.

some plague rats posted:

Alec sucks and it's funny he managed to be so insufferable he got permabanned, do not free him

Absolutely clamp down on main character poo poo

Also this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

we need a gulag sub-forum for rehabilitating the banned posters

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

im permabanned poster

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

you get the rest I'm not gonna look it up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Azathoth posted:

Their perma is, to the best of my knowledge, entirely related to conduct within D&D. They've been very vocal here about their dislike for the mods there, which I feel compelled to say is not against the rules here but their perma was before my time as a mod so I don't really know the specifics.

Also, it would be really nice if this thread could focus on C-SPAM issues and not become feedback on D&D or D&D moderation though, so like not threatening to probe folks or anything, just asking politely that we not steer in that direction.

This is dumb. You're saying that just because the D&D mods are crybabies this poster isn't allowed to post in CSPAM, and we're not allowed to talk about that here?

But I guess even then it's only a fraction of how dumb this is:

Hand Knit posted:

I guess it's worth clarifying that neither I nor Jeffrey took those as felicitous death threats. Rather we took it as an especially bad sort of memetic posting that we didn't want on this site. And yeah, on the whole it's worth deferring to the big post Jeffrey made in QCS or one of the feedback threads that one time. That post is still authoritative.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Lux Animus posted:

would you volunteer as gulaguard 500gdogs, to make sure all the posts are up to par?

sorry my brain is too poisoned to do such a job

not because of politics brain, but because I used to be a gbs poster

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

btw in all seriousness the cspam mods seem pretty good nowadays. SA as a whole would be much better if the admins were more like the cspam mods

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Victory Position posted:

That really should be addressed, the state of Larry not being free.

yeah I'd like to hear the mods AND admins weigh in on this

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

don't worry i'm drawing a great cspam background right now with chipmunks and everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

some plague rats posted:

cspam is a shitposting forum unless we're talking about something I'm personally invested in, then we all have to be serious

forum tagline