Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Cloks posted:

i think the new trend of being harsher on posters seeking negative attention is good

keep alec eiffel banned

Alec has been permabanned I believe.

To submit myself to conscientious self-criticism, I think one of the things I've learned to spot and try to stop is main character syndrome, where people do just that. It's tough to know when to pull the plug because sometimes people enjoy just flaming the person, and that person also seems to get some weird perverse pleasure getting dunked on, and as long as it sticks to general teasing there's nothing really wrong with that. But it almost always turns sour at some point and then you have to step in.

I also posted about it in the thread earlier, but I think the U/R thread is in a good place with some IK support. It's my fault that it ever got to the point where it needed to be put into slow mode. I needed to get help covering the thread before it got to that point. So that's on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

cspam should have even more genocide denial

cathars aren't Real

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i imagined reports were handled by some internal ticket system and not just posts on an actual sub forum. that's a little wild.

they all have their own custom thread tags so it's easy to just filter cspam reports, but as i mentioned in some thread around april 1, the mods got trolled most of all during the d&d/cspam switch since all i got were reports from D&D under the cspam tag

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Admins don't like using anything that's created by someone else for background images. If someone wants to change it around (more than you did SoT) with it and make something for the cspam background that could work.

Going to start wrapping up this thread. We'll give it another 24 hours and then post a summary and anything we need to take action on before closing it.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lollontee posted:

oh, and you're ok too dreylad

Thanks!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I'm flattered but I didn't make that one

Also this makes no sense:

Everything is created by someone else. What?

Sorry, you're right, that was unclear. Basically if it's artwork then they don't want to use stuff without permission.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Smythe posted:

cool thing about tarot cards is sometimes a girl will sit near u and talk to u for a while about the cards etc

Topic Locked.

(I'll post a summary of feedback in a day or so.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Here's a summary of the feedback we got:

• Free Larry - No can do.
  • Teach Azathoth to stop arguing with SYQ - His education is ongoing
  • Combining the history thread - Having more threads is better than having fewer, larger threads. Plus the posters in those threads like having the two different threads
  • Rebooting the Culture Warriors thread - Happy to reboot it, although the drama mentioned seems to have passed.
  • Free cumshitter - Free cumshitter
  • Will continue to clamp down on main character syndrome posting
  • Trump thread to CCC/Toxic Waste Dump - The Trump thread has been good and chill these days, there doesn't seem to be any need to move it.
  • Delete CSPAM at midnight - Korean Boomhauer holds the killswitch. When will he strike?

Also Calibanibal has graciously accepted to help cover the U/R thread as an IK. Long may he reign.

We'll continue to post feedback threads regularly. In the meantime, as always, if you have questions or concerns please feel free to PM any of us.