Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Whch is the best Far Cry game in the Far Cry serise
Far Cry 6
Far Cry 1
Car Fry 6
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Far Cry 4
Far Cry BC
Far CryDragon Blood
Far Cry Z
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i mentioned this elswhere but i thought it deserved it s ow thread. well, insomuch as anything deservse its own thread in the blastd hellscaped of 2024. hey, did you know that "insomuch" is actually a word? spell check thinks it is anyway. sweet

anyway, recently i indulged in a bit of capitalism-based depression therapy whch is to say, i bough Far Cry 6 on sale for 30 dolars on the xbox store

(playing on an xbox series s w/ a 29" Vizo teevee fwtiw)

now i'm always here for far crys stupid bullshit. i never played the first one because it looked so, boring. but the second was extremely dope

i played 5, 4 and 3 in backwards order, which is to say, that order. theyre fine to great, i think 4 has too many side missions but is otherwise maybe the best "story based action RPGFPS" outside of like Prey or Deus Ex (obviously)

with 6 though they seem to have actually put some :effort: in to, you know, making it slightly more interesting. more onf an RPG

here is some Far Cry 6 fanart i did (sorry my mouse of broke)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

After 3 they have all been the same and bad.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Blood dragon owns

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I like the part where you shoot a bow.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I can't believe FC3 is a decade old this Nov.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Primal is good

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
4 was really fun it wa smaybe the best video game ever made

5 was okay but too short cause you couldnt do anything without making progress that eventually clears the area of bad guys

I want to play 6 but was waiting to play it on the NEW sexbox, but instead i just build a gaming rig so im pretty sure my wife wont let me spend any more money on video game until the next gen after this xbox comes out :sigh:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I know a lot of people hate 2 but they're wrong and probably think Disco Elysium has great writing.

However, 3 is the best. Sneaking up to the weed fields and abandoning the stealthy play the second the music kicks in is the greatest moment in any Far Cry game ever.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like far cry 2 because its aggressively hard

it had the diamond hunt too but it wasnt like an endless laundry list of completionist poo poo

far cry cave man was good too

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

However, 3 is the best. Sneaking up to the weed fields and abandoning the stealthy play the second the music kicks in is the greatest moment in any Far Cry game ever.

Yeah and the cheesy lifetime movie characters on the violent drug island owned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGpzGu9Yp6Y

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
you know, sometimes, i am in actual awe at how good i am at sonding extremely stupid

maybe i am just extremey stupid? hard to say lmao

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Next far cry should take place on Mars or a space station so it can be a green man murder simulator for once.

I propose Far Cry In Space: Noone can hear you Cry for title

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

numberoneposter posted:

far cry cave man was good too

:redass:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Far cry caveman was so loving bad

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

It's 3 OP and I'm honestly shocked you need a poll to tell you that?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

pft no

you could have a wolf buddy that peed on everything and a sabertooth tiger that was so OP

you got to bonk the poo poo out of other cave mans and throw bee bombs and eat meat 24/7 paleo diet style

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

More like Far Cry Sex.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Nae posted:

It's 3 OP and I'm honestly shocked only 40% agree

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

numberoneposter posted:

pft no

you could have a wolf buddy that peed on everything and a sabertooth tiger that was so OP

you got to bonk the poo poo out of other cave mans and throw bee bombs and eat meat 24/7 paleo diet style

Its this one.

No attempt at a nuanced moral story or "the bad baby murderer was... right?" like the bullshit we got at the end of 5, just pure prehistoric survival. You're fighting other tribes because you all need territory and food. Animals are as much of a threat as the people because they're hungry and need territory too. Building your home, capturing bases and hunting prey feels really good because you're ensuring the survival of your people at the most basic level.

Plus sneaking up to a camp and sending the sabertooth in first is the best thing ever. He carries whole deer and people around in his mouth like a dog. And you get to ride him.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Far Cry 5 isn't very good, but the music sure is good.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've never played any of the Far Cries except Blood Dragon and I don't want to

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Everyone said Far Cry 3 was racist but I genuinely didn't know what race everyone was supposed to be so I don't understand that critici

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i thought it was cool in far cry 3 you just come across this random shack in the jungle and you walk in and its a poker game

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

More like far cry sux

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

What kind of wacky typecast antagonist will they have this time? My money's on the Joker.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nah hispanic joker was in FC3

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
All these games become stupid once you get silencers for assault rifles and snipers because there's no reason to use anything else.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames
Played it when it was free and found it to be junk OP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just, i just keep looking at the picture i drew and laughing

life is awesoe

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
I only played 4 but the canon ending is me and Pagan hanging out shooting guns

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Stop posting lovely threads OP.

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!

General Dog posted:

Far Cry 5 isn't very good, but the music sure is good.

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU_hEJJgUus

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

FC3 was the best in the series and it had blood dragon so it was doubly the best.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sophy Wackles posted:

FC3 was the best in the series and it had blood dragon so it was doubly the best.

Agreed. Just amazing all around.

The problem is that they just ran it into the ground.

Now assassins creed is far cry: Viking

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

pro starcraft loser posted:

After 3 they have all been the same and bad.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

$30???

I knew you're dumb op but lmao

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I grew up in the area they modeled 5 off of so it was cool to basically play a game set in my backyard. I wish there was a mod to replace cult members with lovely rednecks so it would feel more realistic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’m callin bullshit on the drawing op, probably a screen capture from the game through some photoshop filter. :jerkbag: