Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
Just because it's pasta doesn't mean it's proper "Italian" cooking. It's Americanized, and rarely do they get it right to call it Italian. Americans have some very weird methods to cook pasta and it's disingenuous to say "oh, we're having Italian tonight." No. You're having American pasta. Italian cooking has specific methods of cooking that is considered correct if you want to call it Italian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
thinking about American for dinner

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
this you OP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnGsVRisBtI

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Crackin open a can of authentic Italian Chef Boyardee XTRA STUFFT Ravioli :discourse:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Chinese take out isn't actually authentic Chinese food op! Your whole drat life is a lie!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i haven't looked it up, but i bet the noodle was a chinese invention, so if you're having spaghetti my guess is you're eating chinese food

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Next thing they'll tell you is that a crunchwrap supreme isn't Mexican.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One time Mussolini tried banning pasta from Italy OP

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they do it to annoy you, op

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

no one has referred to pasta this way since the 1950s. if you're having pasta you say we're having pasta, or spaghetti or lasagna or whatever.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

all noodles are spaghetti

rice? tiny spaghetti

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Every time I'm eating noodles I say eyetalian spaghett :discourse:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I lived in Italy for a couple of years when I was very young so I think I know a little bit more about Italian cooking than you OP

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

what if i'm eating that pasta at the olive garden, where i am considered family?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I'm gonna drop the badass one liner "pasta la vista" as I dropkick OP off a roof into a truck full of TNT and OP's bloated body blows the gently caress up in slow motion as I put on my sunglasses

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
because our society and culture is garbage OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I boil my noodles in a cow skull and make my sauce in one of those big cast iron witches pots (cauldron I think) and nobody in italy has said anything about it so.. :witch:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
as someone who visited rome, got drunk, got a takeout wood fired margherita pizza, and ate the whole thing in my airbnb and passed out in my own filth, i know alot about italian food culture

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I scream eyyy I'm eatin some pasta ova hea very Italianly at everyone around me with every single fork full I shovel into my sauce covered face

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

also Italians are pretty chill about their cuisine and don't give a gently caress what you do with it as long as it tastes good and you make sure to call it Italian <whatever> so they get credit

the one exception is maybe if you salt your pasta water, they don't really like it when people do that

naem
May 29, 2011

maybe if Italian style cuisine wasn’t so incredibly delicious, the rest of us wouldn’t feel compelled to imitate it have you thought of that o.p.??

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

If you go to rome and ask for a pepperoni pizza you get peppers on your pizza did you know????????????????????

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Hell Yeah posted:

no one has referred to pasta this way since the 1950s. if you're having pasta you say we're having pasta, or spaghetti or lasagna or whatever.

OP clearly gets all his info of americans from their mass-produced sitcoms.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

EorayMel posted:

If you go to rome and ask for a pepperoni pizza you get peppers on your pizza did you know????????????????????

they pretend not to hear the 'oni' part because it's a Japanese word and they're still bitter about WW2

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

EorayMel posted:

not in pepperogna where they invented the pepperoni.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Italian food is a neat round spaghetti you can eat with a spoon, OP.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
Because Americans aren’t thieves and we believe in recognizing and giving credit to other cultures for their contributions, OP.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
The best part of authentic Italian pasta is when you ladle the sauce out onto the plain noodles. Mangia!

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Kraft Dinner is the best Italian food

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-eHk4RiIso

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
you believe this fuckin' guy

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Without pasta

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

People who point out X thing isn't authentic cooking are the most annoying motherfuckers

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

veni veni veni posted:

People who point out X thing isn't authentic cooking are the most annoying motherfuckers

that's not a real ham sandwich

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You’re not my capo, OP

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
On one hand Marco Polo didn't walk 30 billion steps for some country to stolen valor their noodles. On the other, Amerigo Vespucci pretty expressly discovered America to steal their tomaters. A very complex situation we have here.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
a bah bah bah

a bah bah bah

a bah bah bah bahbah

ey badda boom badda bing!

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

veni veni veni posted:

i only eat authentic and real true FARTS and rear end

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

I love spam, OP.

Or as I like to call it, American gabagool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

The Walrus posted:

a bah bah bah

a bah bah bah

a bah bah bah bahbah

ey badda boom badda bing!

maybe try not being racist in the next thread