Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I’ve been to Italy and their pasta was lower tier than kraft mac and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You gonna let him say that poo poo to you, OP?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

one cup of "italian" coffee please....

*slides tiny thimble of "coffee"*

mama mia!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Gotta admire the Italians' trolling skills. They just took their own coffee, dumped a bunch of water in it, and called it an Americano lol

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Tomatoes, peppers, and tobacco all from the new world. Italians have been appropriating America since some dick head on a boat claimed he found it.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

ellasmith posted:

Just because it's pasta doesn't mean it's proper "Italian" cooking. It's Americanized, and rarely do they get it right to call it Italian. Americans have some very weird methods to cook pasta and it's disingenuous to say "oh, we're having Italian tonight." No. You're having American pasta. Italian cooking has specific methods of cooking that is considered correct if you want to call it Italian.

Si

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Goodpancakes posted:

Tomatoes, peppers, and tobacco all from the new world. Italians have been appropriating America since some dick head on a boat claimed he found it.
ayyyyy have some paizano pride, you talking poo poo about columbus????? ayyyy

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

seppos are born with institutionalised brain damage, OP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptba6G-b3rc&t=41s

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Pizza Bagels are Italian, OP

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Goodpancakes posted:

I have some bad news about the noodles, too

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Devils Affricate posted:

Gotta admire the Italians' trolling skills. They just took their own coffee, dumped a bunch of water in it, and called it an Americano lol

That was American GIs that did that during WW2

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Did Italians just eat soggy cabbages and rocks before they robbed and murdered their way thru America and Asia? Probably!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I boil noodles in a sauce pan, then pour them into a colander and put the pot back on the burner. Add margarine garlic pepper msg Tony Chacheries and some Vegeta, and a dollop of curry taste I found at Fererros. I let that come together then dump the noodles back in and stir for a bit. Pretty good for a quick bite.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

maybe try not being racist in the next thread

Sorry it's the theme song of popular racist chain East Side Mario's

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Italians invented racism

naem
May 29, 2011

Goodpancakes posted:

also horses, camels, dogs, corn, potatoes, and cocaine

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

ellasmith posted:

Just because it's pasta doesn't mean it's proper "Italian" cooking. It's Americanized, and rarely do they get it right to call it Italian. Americans have some very weird methods to cook pasta and it's disingenuous to say "oh, we're having Italian tonight." No. You're having American pasta. Italian cooking has specific methods of cooking that is considered correct if you want to call it Italian.

Shut your salami hole, Mario.

Dman, got his rear end.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

naem posted:

also horses, camels, dogs, corn, potatoes, and cocaine

Nope, no horses in the Eurasisan-African world. Dogs, neither.

I don't like camels since one spat at me when I was a kid.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i learned to make authentic italian pasta from renowned chef jacques pepin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78ExRgrto4

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Italians invented racism

They perfected it. I would have never thought to call a black dude an eggplant.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

poverty goat posted:

i learned to make authentic italian pasta from renowned chef jacques pepin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78ExRgrto4

The French are Italians, if you think about it. After all, Garibaldi was from Nice.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Italians invented racism

Maybe that's what the OP meant instead of cooking pasta.

naem
May 29, 2011

gleebster posted:

Nope, no horses in the Eurasisan-African world. Dogs, neither.

I don't like camels since one spat at me when I was a kid.

they all evolved in the americas I meant, they crossed the land bridge in the ice age

well not potatos those went by boat

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Migratory spuds ITT

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i've started doing an irish accent when i say the names of pasta in my household, for better representation of cultures

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Charles Bukowski posted:

I boil noodles in a sauce pan, then pour them into a colander and put the pot back on the burner. Add margarine garlic pepper msg Tony Chacheries and some Vegeta, and a dollop of curry taste I found at Fererros. I let that come together then dump the noodles back in and stir for a bit. Pretty good for a quick bite.

That does sound tasty if maybe a little salty to my taste. But why margerine? Olive oil or butter would be 10x better.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ellasmith posted:

Tomatoes are native to North America, and pasta is native to Asia.
We should call it North American Asian fusion

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

also Italians are pretty chill about their cuisine and don't give a gently caress what you do with it

lmao

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's like with Xerox becoming the generic word for "photocopy" for many people. If Italians didn't want to be the generic word for "making pasta" they should have done more to protect their trademark.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Bad Purchase posted:

i've started doing an irish accent when i say the names of pasta in my household, for better representation of cultures
I like to sing Bon Jovi songs with a groundskeeper Willie Scottish accent.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

I like to sing Bon Jovi songs with a groundskeeper Willie Scottish accent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2q0T7QXETs

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
Now that's what I call Italian!

the gently caress I swear we used to have a meatwad smilie. Ok pretend this is mearwad :balldo:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wilkins Micawber posted:

Now that's what I call Italian!

the gently caress I swear we used to have a meatwad smilie. Ok pretend this is mearwad :balldo:

sorry, can't. It looks like a broken tooth

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
what is everyones favorite lasagna

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Fecal one definitely

Dukberry
Nov 5, 2013

What the heck is this Italy that everyone keeps posting about

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Charles Bukowski posted:

that's a big ol' spicy meatball

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 1, 2022

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

*eating maruchan ramen* Now that's Italian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

I work all day and so does my wife so I convinced my stupid rear end kid that Wednesday is "Italy day" so we only have to cook him some pasta and Ragu, don't you fuckin dare take Italy Day from me