Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Jay Rust posted:

There really haven't been a lot of star foxes

They're an endangered species

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Honestly an open world Sonic might be good because unlike other open world games there's 0 reason for Sonic not to go hella fast and make the empty spaces made to sell a big open world go in a flash.

Sega will gently caress it up anyways, of course.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looper posted:

hello it's me, I'm the star fox assault defender

I actually liked most of Assault to be perfectly honest, I just wish the on foot missions were a bit more varied than “destroy X amount of targets, sometimes get in a vehicle and fight a boss at the end”

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Looper posted:

hello it's me, I'm the star fox assault defender

i liked star fox assault and i don't get what people hated about the on foot sections

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Arzaac posted:

Honestly an open world game is probably a natural fit for Sonic, as long as Sega doesn't gently caress it up

Arzaac posted:

as long as Sega doesn't gently caress it up

Arzaac posted:

Sega doesn't gently caress it up

Arzaac posted:

gently caress it up

Arzaac posted:

gently caress

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sega make lots of good games

sonic team though...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dental plan!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I have finished 0 games this month, got them other hobbies

Yeah watching wrestling must be real time consuming

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

Yeah watching wrestling must be real time consuming

I need to make time for reading all of my favorite wrestlers books too, like Killing the Business by Nick and Matt Buck

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

Video Games.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I need to make time for reading all of my favorite wrestlers books too, like Killing the Business by Nick and Matt Buck

maybe try reading something that will enrich you and expand your mind instead? i recommend The Name of the Wind by one of our great modern wordwrights, Patrick Rothfuss. it's like if Woolf and Le Guin had a baby with real imagination.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Honestly an open world Sonic might be good because unlike other open world games there's 0 reason for Sonic not to go hella fast and make the empty spaces made to sell a big open world go in a flash.

Sega will gently caress it up anyways, of course.

There's a 0% chance they won't add a stamina wheel.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

maybe try reading something that will enrich you and expand your mind instead? i recommend The Name of the Wind by one of our great modern wordwrights, Patrick Rothfuss. it's like if Woolf and Le Guin had a baby with real imagination.

Spoilers the wind's name is Todd

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Relax Or DIE posted:

I don’t recommend The Name of the Wind by popular fiction author Patrick Rothfuss. I feel like I was tricked by my friend who is way into the (unfinished) series.

I may be replying to an irony post, but the threat that someone may accidentally read Rothfuss demands my intervention.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I haven’t read a book in a while, last thing I finished was Sharp Object like six months ago. I bought a new translation for Crime and Punishment last month since I haven’t read it since High School and wanted to reread but eh

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
rothfuss was a forum whipping boy for months

avshalom’s posts in those threads were good. one had rothfuss describing himself as “a sinewy implication in the shadows of the bedchamber”

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

lunar detritus posted:

There's a 0% chance they won't add a stamina wheel.

it'll probably serve the same purpose it's served since sonic rush

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
The Name of the Wind by Umberto Eco

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i haven't read a book in like 15 years :(

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

I haven’t read a book in a while, last thing I finished was Sharp Object like six months ago. I bought a new translation for Crime and Punishment last month since I haven’t read it since High School and wanted to reread but eh

May I recommend La Comédie humaine

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Kerrzhe posted:

You can change that today

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gaius Marius posted:

May I recommend La Comédie humaine

You may and I will look for it at my local library

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It'll be hard to miss

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

Gravity's Rainbow is pretty good if you're a metal gear solid enjoyer

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Gahmah posted:

Gravity's Rainbow is pretty good if you're a metal gear solid enjoyer

I started reading that book 4 years ago. Im about 2/3 through it now

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Tbf I've read loads in between, its sorta a book that I'll just put down for a long time before coming back to it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have read many books like Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Oh my

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ligma Balzac

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have read quite a bit of fanfiction though

i just don't have anywhere comfortable enough to sit and read an actual book for hours anymore

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I started reading through the Pynchon bibliography (with other books along the way as well) a couple of years ago with Crying of Lot 49 and have been through V, Gravity's Rainbow, and Vineland since then and currently on Mason & Dixon.

Kerrzhe posted:

i just don't have anywhere comfortable enough to sit and read an actual book for hours anymore
I do almost all of my reading in bed or in waiting rooms, which is probably why I can only get through three or four books in a year. Choosing massive books doesn't help matters much though. The shortest book I read recently was Borges' Ficciones and even that took me a couple of weeks.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
This year I read The Left Hand of Darkness and a bunch of short stories. I just got to a story in my horror anthology that I’ve already read from the author’s collection, which is a first. Feels a bit like wandering a desert and stumbling upon your own tracks.

Oh, and I read all of Grant Morrison’s The Invisibles because a page was posted in a thread I read, and it piqued my interest.

Everything has come from my local library network except Left Hand. I had borrowed the ebook version of it in 2020 but never started it, but saw it at a bookstore a few months ago and grabbed it.

LawfulWaffle fucked around with this message at 21:52 on May 31, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I used to read on my commute and now I don’t have one (I do go into an office but it’s either 1 subway stop or ~10 minutes in a bus) so rip that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Volte posted:

I started reading through the Pynchon bibliography (with other books along the way as well) a couple of years ago with Crying of Lot 49 and have been through V, Gravity's Rainbow, and Vineland since then and currently on Mason & Dixon.

I do almost all of my reading in bed or in waiting rooms, which is probably why I can only get through three or four books in a year. Choosing massive books doesn't help matters much though. The shortest book I read recently was Borges' Ficciones and even that took me a couple of weeks.

Mason & Dixon owns and is probably my favourite Pynchon

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

haveblue posted:

I used to read on my commute and now I don’t have one (I do go into an office but it’s either 1 subway stop or ~10 minutes in a bus) so rip that

I used to read on my commute but then I got pulled over

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The Earthsea books are very good and I recommend people read them

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yu Suzuki is releasing the sequel to goose game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1A5WJ2YFVc&t=4s

Extortionist
Aug 31, 2001

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.
Bleeding Edge was a neat one if only because like all of Pynchon's books it's full of obscure historical references, but since it's all about the turn-of-the-century internet those references are like AYB and stuff.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I drive all day so I just listen to audiobooks, but only trashy fantasy novels like Brust and Gemmell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Harrow posted:

yeah but which Mario 2 are we talking about here

Also, the US version of course. A romhack of the original game doesn't count.