Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Relax Or DIE posted:

been meaning to get back to my playthrough of this, but since the saga frontier remaster was pretty good i guess i'll wait

https://twitter.com/SaGaGame/status/1531578017872584704?s=20&t=Uwu4hPVfF9aTIQj17atjfQ

Excellent. I remember getting to the final boss once, but my party was too underdeveloped to win and I don’t think I was able to leave and grind. I mean, it’s a SaGa game. Lots of things to do with nearly no direction. I’m a big fan of this trend of SaGa remasters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

In terms of truly ancient video games, my favourite is Robotron 2084. It's just so fast and intense. I love the scene transitions, the blown out sound and the ridiculous speed at which everything moves.
I think a 4K remaster with some crazy HDR effects could actually work. Keep the original graphics and just turn the intensity up even more.

https://youtu.be/l800GL6NQPY?t=191

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

SeXReX posted:

I love that this official account isn't verified

It looks like it literally just got created, which is probably a good thing since it means we’re getting enough SaGa soon that it’s worth making an account for news instead of just posting it to the Square Enix twitter.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Last Celebration posted:

It looks like it literally just got created, which is probably a good thing since it means we’re getting enough SaGa soon that it’s worth making an account for news instead of just posting it to the Square Enix twitter.

This is the first post yeah but the account was created in October last year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SeXReX posted:

I love that this official account isn't verified

The most SaGa thing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Metis of the Hallways posted:

I wish OP had stuck around long enough to see their thread become so well used. I'll be sad to say goodbye to it now May is ending.

perhaps next month's chat thread should be titled "Games 2: The Sequel to Games"

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The SaGa Twitter account has only 10% chance of proc’ing the Verified condition, so it’ll take a few more posts before it sparks the blue check mark.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Harrow posted:

perhaps next month's chat thread should be titled "Games 2: The Sequel to Games"

What if they made a game, and nobody showed up :ohdear:

Oh wait, sorry, I just found out somebody already trademarked that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Harrow posted:

No one wants to make new IP these days smh

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Games: Rising Chronicle Unleashed

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

What if they made a game, and nobody showed up :ohdear:

Oh wait, sorry, I just found out somebody already trademarked that.

Hey, Babylon's Fall deserves some respect. It had to be hard to turn the sound of crickets into a video game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Harrow posted:

Hey, Babylon's Fall deserves some respect. It had to be hard to turn the sound of crickets into a video game.

They actually lifted that directly from Anthem. Somebody is going to sue as soon as somebody plays Anthem and notic..... oh.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

They actually lifted that directly from Anthem. Somebody is going to sue as soon as somebody plays Anthem and notic..... oh.

Another live service among the living dead...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Harrow posted:

Another live service among the living dead...

Well be fair, how can any of those games compete against the runaway success that was Marvel's Avengers!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good thing Sony is pushing forward with 50% live service games in the next three years lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Games: Origins

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

haveblue posted:

Games: Origins

That'll be a few threads from now. We need to go through Games 2, Games 3, and eventually Games: Apocalypse or something. Then we do Origins. Then a bit after that: "Games" again, but this time it's dark and gritty

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
games 2 will be better than games or games 3 but posters won't recognize it because it wasn't just the same thing but again

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

last day of may posting

https://youtu.be/7ZtepNkPzcM

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Relax Or DIE posted:

games 2 will be better than games or games 3 but posters won't recognize it because it wasn't just the same thing but again

Like Mario and Zelda. And Fire Emblem if we're being honest.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

considering bewildering people with a Games Feedback Thread (for games in general not the forum)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1531621527661297664?s=20&t=OYvN145XE-utVbPkzzzd9g

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Ms. Games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Games (June 2022)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gune

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Walla posted:

Like Mario and Zelda. And Fire Emblem if we're being honest.

yeah but which Mario 2 are we talking about here

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Games Episode 2: Attack of the DOOM Clones

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

yeah but which Mario 2 are we talking about here

The good one

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The good one

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

The good one

If it's so good why did they only make a movie about SMB1 and 3?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Video Games.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You reckon Nintendo will drop the SMB trailer for E3 and we get to finally the insanity that is that voice cast?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VideoGames posted:

Video Games.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Video

VideoGames posted:

Video Games.

Games

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Video Games.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
beat andross in star fox zero yesterday. I'm not gonna consider it done until I've cleared every story mission but past me is looking pretty validated right now, this game is cool with some weird weak points

lame things
-doing a reboot right after the sf64 3ds remake that recycles tons of 64 characters, scenarios, and dialogue
-no classic rail shooter bosses, every single one is all range mode
-hidden objectives give you MISSION ACCOMPLISHED but these are usually unrelated to branching routes
-the gyrocopter in its entirety

cool things
-controls have a learning curve but being able to fly and aim independently owns and enemy aim has improved a lot in kind
-many voice actors return from 64 but unlike 3d, they aren't trying to recapture themselves
-the walker from 2 allows for close quarters infiltration type missions and doesn't dominate levels with ground like it does in 2
-game looks great
-aerial maneuvers are real slick and snappy, dogfights esp against star wolf have never been better
-lots of rad cinematography thanks to lock on cam and little touches like the slowmo zoom when you fly right past a star wolf pilot
-sick bit in the post final battle escape sequence where dad flies past you to distract a pursuing andross and you can do a quick uturn to finish him off

the game has a baffling narrative identity but a strong gameplay one and I'm enjoying playing it

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Infinitum posted:

You reckon Nintendo will drop the SMB trailer for E3 and we get to finally the insanity that is that voice cast?

Probably the plan before the delay. Now that it's an April film I wouldn't be surprised by a trailer in the next (September?) direct.

Curious to see if we finally get a name for botw2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Looper posted:

-doing a reboot right after the sf64 3ds remake that recycles tons of 64 characters, scenarios, and dialogue

Between Star Fox, 64, 64 3D, and Zero, nearly half of the Star Fox series is essentially telling the same story over and over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

If I'm the CEO of Nintendo I'm destroying nintendo land/the mario movie and putting that money into: games