Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
From Hillary Clinton carrying around Hot Sauce in her handback, allegedly, to Americans just growing ghost chillis and eating them raw, the American brain seems to equate basically causing the inside of your mouth as much discomfort as possible with flavour.

But wait, you might think, Ape Fist, you loving stupid idiot brained loving child, are you saying you don't like hot food?

No. I actually love hot foods, from chillis to curries, I love getting my mouth punched out by a good blast of Vindaloo. But I don't need to add it to everything. In my uncultured European brain I can eat very mildly seasoned European foods one day, and heavily spiced Indian foods the next. But I don't think, because I don't have the brain of a child, that one of these things has more 'flavour' than the other.

So why do Americans absolutely constantly attempt to mog eachother by adding unnecessarily overly hot things to dishes which weren't designed to accomodate them in the first place?

Also 'Jalapinos' aren't hot I don't know why some people think they are.

edit: I know I misspelled Scoville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
You tell me OP

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

EorayMel posted:

You tell me OP

I'm here to ask for your emotional labour.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am going to sit on a lawnchair and drink 10 beers instead

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Take us to Scol op and tell us all about it

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Ape Fist posted:

So why do Americans absolutely constantly attempt to mog eachother by adding unnecessarily overly hot things to dishes which weren't designed to accomodate them in the first place?

Toxic masculinity

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

EorayMel posted:

I am going to sit on a lawnchair and drink 10 beers instead

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hilary would be way cooler if she carried a beer on her purse everywhere

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Take us to Scol op and tell us all about it

im actually mentally ill (diagnosed stupid + fat) and this post isn't very cool imho

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hilary would be way cooler if she carried a beer on her purse everywhere

would she have become 44 with that trick in her back pocket????

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

would she have become 44 with that trick in her back pocket????

Any president you can have a beer with gets my vote!! Especially if they provide the beer.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Where in Europe are you from, this will decide how hard I decide to own you.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Not sure what you're talking about OP, maybe you've been watching too many youtube videos

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

Where in Europe are you from, this will decide how hard I decide to own you.

The best part. The part with all the drinking and good food. (This is all of Europe, I'm a true citizen of Europa.)

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’ve met an fellow American who thought Salt was too spicy

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

I like to put it on burritos but I'll stop, I'm sorry op

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ape Fist posted:

From Hillary Clinton carrying around Hot Sauce in her handback, allegedly, to Americans just growing ghost chillis and eating them raw, the American brain seems to equate basically causing the inside of your mouth as much discomfort as possible with flavour.

But wait, you might think, Ape Fist, you loving stupid idiot brained loving child, are you saying you don't like hot food?

No. I actually love hot foods, from chillis to curries, I love getting my mouth punched out by a good blast of Vindaloo. But I don't need to add it to everything. In my uncultured European brain I can eat very mildly seasoned European foods one day, and heavily spiced Indian foods the next. But I don't think, because I don't have the brain of a child, that one of these things has more 'flavour' than the other.

Also 'Jalapinos' aren't hot I don't know why some people think they are.

edit: I know I misspelled Scoville.

So you're British.
Wonderful.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ape Fist posted:

The best part. The part with all the drinking and good food. (This is all of Europe, I'm a true citizen of Europa.)
Europe. As featured in the movie Eurotrip.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Big Beef City posted:

So you're British.
Wonderful.

Good guess but no.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

They don't.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
People have unhealthy ideas about food. They watch cooking shows while eating. It's the end of days.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ape Fist posted:

Good guess but no.

Well whatever you're all the same to us.

Also where'd you even come up with this idea?
Not so much the spicy food, posting at all I mean

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When u eat spicy food, the real flavor is on the other end. :sexarse:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Someone should have given the human centipede some hotsauce lmao!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

OP where are you getting your info?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

wtf are you talking about opie

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

From the bottom of a hotsauce bottle :hotsauce:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Colonel Cancer posted:

From the bottom of a hotsauce bottle :hotsauce:
i get all my information from soap bottles

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Passion, skill, strong moral convictions, etc build and define character. 'Guy who likes spicy food' is an ersatz persona-in-a-can for mediocre people who have nothing else going for them. It's cheap, easy to pick up, takes no time to cultivate and is quirky yet inoffensive. See also: craft beer enthusiasm, beard-pride, and telling people you take your bike to work every day.

I'll have two scoops of sriracha in my milkshake, thank you.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

goans, sri lankans, se asians, s americans, basically a poo poo ton of people typically eat far spicier food than north americans.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Buce posted:

goans, sri lankans, se asians, s americans, basically a poo poo ton of people typically eat far spicier food than north americans.

Not sure about the rest of South America, but I've never met a Brazilian who could handle anything spicier than A1 sauce. Their cuisine doesn't seem to have anything spicy at all.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i’ve been to scolville and the food is just alright, nothing special. i much prefer flavortown.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Kitchner posted:

Toxic masculinity

It's this.
Horseradish is the superior taste punch.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Das Boo posted:

It's this.
Horseradish is the superior taste punch.

lmao that you think eating food entails projecting gender roles because you got made fun of for not liking something.
It'll be ok.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

All my food is dick shaped.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Have you ever had a jalapeño? Hits just right

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i used to order the turbo spicy stuff at wing places, etc when i was young, and enjoyed it, but i stopped when an employee mentioned what a pain in the rear end it could be for kitchen staff to make and clean. he said it was like walking through a mist of pepperspray in the kitchen sometimes, even with good ventilation.

i stick to just regular hot now and not the theatrics hot where they ask you if you’re sure a couple times.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Big Beef City posted:

lmao that you think eating food entails projecting gender roles because you got made fun of for not liking something.
It'll be ok.

I was raised on Bengali food, my dude. Also I'm a woman.
People sending themselves to hospital over spicy food is a total dick contest.

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

people who talk about scovilles are usually just trying to describe how hot something is or bragging about eating some stupidly spicy nonsense. i dont remember hearing anyone say they're "flavor"

also stop eating lovely jalapenos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Why do Europeans like to talk about “Americans” as if we are some singular entity?

Like, see how dumb that sounds, OP?