Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

putins cronies are not gonna let him get to that point before he accidentally trips out of a window

commodity market might totally swing if putin is deposed and cheap russian everything starts coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

It’d be a reall shame if he had some kind of window related mishap

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Some poor bastard would have to clean it up.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

have the courts sentenced elon musk to death yet?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

yes they have

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

brilliant

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

the only way my portfolio could look any worse is if putin nuked TSLA HQ

i mean sometimes you gotta throw the baby out with the bath water

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

unless you're retired or have no income, a bear market is usually good. anything you can contribute to your retirement account or invested savings is at a discoun and will pay off in the long run.

nuclear war might be the single best thing that could happen to you in terms of value investing and retirement prospects.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bad Purchase posted:

unless you're retired or have no income, a bear market is usually good.

it's also fun to imagine little bears shopping in a nice little market, carrying little baskets and such

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

it's also fun to imagine little bears shopping in a nice little market, carrying little baskets and such

i just imagined the overpressure blast wave of a nuclear detonation knocking over their little market stalls and baskets of fruit and hand-painted signs that say "pur huney 1 dollar" and it made me sad

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Owlbear Camus posted:

i just imagined the overpressure blast wave of a nuclear detonation knocking over their little market stalls and baskets of fruit and hand-painted signs that say "pur huney 1 dollar" and it made me sad

Emphasis, mine:
Is that Per or Pure?
Both make sense within the context of a bear society with little or improvised education.
Please let me know, thank you.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

The Bananana posted:

Emphasis, mine:
Is that Per or Pure?
Both make sense within the context of a bear society with little or improvised education.
Please let me know, thank you.

I was not able to get close enough to ask they look friendly but they are NOT friendly :smith:

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

My uncle works at the department of defence. He told me the nukes are set to fly any day now so I might as well kiss his rear end goodbye. I said, “don’t you mean kiss MY rear end goodbye?” But by that time he already had his pants off. Blyat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Putin would rather die in nuclear hellfire than admit he was wrong

I think what he does(if he does) is nuke the front OR nuke a city in Ukraine. As a warning gunshot. Then his country becomes an isolated hellhole.

naem
May 29, 2011

uncle at nuke-tendo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wouldn't it be ironic if japan nuked US lol

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Colonel Cancer posted:

Wouldn't it be ironic if japan nuked US lol

What two cities would Japan choose to bomb?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Detroit and Anchorage, naturally

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Linux Pirate posted:

What two cities would Japan choose to bomb?

San Francisco and Seattle.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Russians don't care about who's right or wrong, to them it's all about pure nihilistic survival. In the russian worldview, you have to kill the other guy before he kills you because laws are meaningless and nothing's stopping him from doing it at some point in the future even if he's all smiles and flowers now.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

why the gently caress would putin want to lose his luxurious life style to live in a bunker

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Willo567 posted:

why the gently caress would putin want to lose his luxurious life style to live in a bunker

He's trying to exterminate Ukraine because he's afraid of losing his luxurious lifestyle if Europe decides to invade from the west.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Conjecture is fun and all, but the real world solution is simple: gather all the nuclear powers (not Russia) at the conference suite at the Holiday Inn in Gary, Indiana and get everyone to agree to nuke Russia at the same time BEFORE Russia nukes everyone else. Kind of hard to blow up the free world when you’re a glowing crater full of melted vodka bottles and smoking adidas track pants.
:smug:

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Gone

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 30, 2022

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i think all the world powers should agree to let superman throw their nuclear weapons into the sun, but NOT before checking to see if the nefarious lex luthor put a device in there that would cause the resulting detonation to generate an evil fabio-looking supervillain

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Jillian poo poo posted:

Conjecture is fun and all, but the real world solution is simple: gather all the nuclear powers (not Russia) at the conference suite at the Holiday Inn in Gary, Indiana and get everyone to agree to nuke Russia at the same time BEFORE Russia nukes everyone else. Kind of hard to blow up the free world when you’re a glowing crater full of melted vodka bottles and smoking adidas track pants.

Why would you do lake michigan like that?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Any solution involving actually nuking another nation has to also target United States, for they have tasted (nuclear) blood and cannot be trusted not to nuke again.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Why would you do lake michigan like that?

I purposely chose Gary Indiana because it’s basically a post-apocalyptic wasteland already so all the nuclear powers would get a sense of just how important nuking Russia before they nuke us is. Similarly, Lake Michigan is already full of radioactive waste and sea-mutants

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Edit - I'm an idiot.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

on the one hand that sounds actually very interesting. but on the other if I stay ignorant I can believe there's a slight chance of me getting mutant powers after the nukes fall.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fucnin try and nuke me Russia

I'll punch it

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

if you punch a nuke and it's the same size as your fist then you're too close, or something

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

For anyone with a passing interest in terrible nuclear things I'd suggest reading Jim Mahaffey's Atomic Accidents. It covers a lot of interesting history while still being approachable to someone with no background in science.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

how about instead of death and destruction we launch rainbows and lollipops

naem
May 29, 2011

Jillian poo poo posted:

a glowing crater full of melted vodka bottles and smoking adidas track pants.

this pretty much already describes russia though, not sure they’d even notice

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Nuclear deterrent does nothing, besides make me very horny.

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

Come on now. It’s been nearly a page since a submarine post. Just think of those giant penises under the ocean, full of seamen, just throbbing and ready to dump their hot loads of slightly smaller flying penises Ooh poo poo I gotta go brb

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

In this extended metaphor, airbursting a nuclear payload is akin to being an extremely premature ejaculator

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

goatface posted:

San Francisco and Seattle.

oh god, let them nuke Irvine and Riverside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Colonel Cancer posted:

In this extended metaphor, airbursting a nuclear payload is akin to being an extremely premature ejaculator

I calibrated the warhead to do that. It was my plan all along. That wasn't an accident baby, I swear!