Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
seriously

he killed the most notorious, most famous murderer in us history, in broad daylight, in front of multiple news cameras, and his stated reasoning is that he "wanted to spare jacqueline kennedy the 'discomfiture of coming back to trial.'" (presumably to testify against oswald. This explanation, frankly, is not credible. Modern celebrity culture is more manic than ever, yet fans are not regularly stepping up to execute their idols' enemies in public. ruby's extensive ties to organized crime are well-documented, but could they have played a part in the jfk conspiracy?

my interest in jfk theories is high but my knowledge is low, so i hope everyone can contribute what they know about jack ruby's role in prominent jfk theories in this thread. i strongly feel that he is the most suspicious part of the entire jfk murder story and he's the obvious thread to pull on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the cia used their mob connections to have oswald plugged so he couldn't talk about how the cia plugged kennedy for talking about winding down the cold war

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

and then the cia got the head of their mind control program to give ruby acid and make him go insane so he wouldn't talk either

simple really

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
jack ruby was telling the truth but no one stopped him because they wanted oswald dead just as much as ruby did

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
start here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/69-lose-extra-of-44206585

all 4 episodes are free, excellent, and by the time you get to the end you’ll have lost your god drat mind at just how CIAed up everything related to JFKs death was

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the last person to ever actually talk to Jack Ruby was Jolly West (look him up). after that he was an bonafide insane blubbering mess and his body sprouted cancer and died

Johnny Cache Hit posted:

start here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/69-lose-extra-of-44206585

all 4 episodes are free, excellent, and by the time you get to the end you’ll have lost your god drat mind at just how CIAed up everything related to JFKs death was
hell yeah i was going to recommend D/C. he did some good follow-ups in his Fourth Reich episodes (ep 2 i think)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

he was a cia patsy op just like oswald himself

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
idk, not any of my business, really

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

idk, not any of my business, really

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
as a side note, marina oswald, lee harvey oswald's wife, is an icon of #hustle culture. born in severodvinsk, russia, she married oswald when he had defected to the soviet union. she had known him for six weeks. about a year later, they moved back to the united states. jfk died about a year and a half later, and marina promptly threw oswald under the bus. according to william manchester:

quote:

The plight of Marie Tippit [wife of J. D. Tippit, police officer shot by Oswald] and Marina Oswald appealed to American generosity; mailbags of checks and cash descended upon them. Mrs. Tippit handled herself admirably. ... Marina ... led a more colorful career. With $70,000 in donations she engaged a series of business agents. Her husband's Russian diary brought $20,000 and a picture of him holding the Mannlicher-Carcano carbine [the gun used to shoot Kennedy] $5,000. Then she went after the gun itself, arguing that since Oswald was dead it could not be held as evidence. A Denver oil man who wanted it as a souvenir sent her a $10,000 down payment – about 49,900 percent profit on Lee's original investment – and then sued [Nicholas] Katzenbach for possession. Early in 1966 a federal court threw the case out. Late that autumn the Justice Department took title to C2766 [the gun's serial number]. At first, she had told the press that the strongest force in her life was her love for the father of her children; she only wanted to live near his grave. This quickly changed. First she enrolled at the University of Michigan.[17] Returning to Dallas, she bought an air-conditioned house, a wardrobe of Neiman-Marcus clothes, and membership in the Music Box, a private club. She became a chain-smoker and a drinker of straight vodka. In the Music Box she spun through a series of romances.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you know whats weird is everything surrounding Oswald's defection and then being let back into the country, look into that poo poo sometime

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Mia Wasikowska posted:

you know whats weird is everything surrounding Oswald's defection and then being let back into the country, look into that poo poo sometime

if generosity is going to be viewed with such cynical suspicion its going to have a chilling effect and the next kid who makes a mistake won't be treated with such kindness by the US state

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jack ruby was 5'10

nice

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

he was a simp for Jackie O

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

an armed society is a polite society op

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

https://twitter.com/vas_90s/status/1414052625474064388?s=21&t=lCPp_fQbA5ojuKhWkF9yfg

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Do you guys think he had a code name at the Cia? I bet it was Steve Sapphire

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,

Karl Barks posted:

Do you guys think he had a code name at the Cia? I bet it was Steve Sapphire

i think it was jack booby

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Oswald was codename Jack Ruby and Ruby was codename Lee Harvey Oswald

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Operation Kill President Kennedy to Protect the CIA and the Italian-American Mafia's Interests must never come to light

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
have you ever wondered if there's something fishy that it was back and to the left? it's like left-handed compliments. but it's the key shot. totally inconsistent with the shot from the depository. again, back and to the left. you ever hear of a crook called "rightie?"

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Guess who interviewed Jack Ruby before federal investigators?

hint: it was Jolly West

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the Blowback episode on the Kennedy assassination near the end of their Cuba series is really good and has a lot of weird hosed up context to ruby and oswald and the spooks around them and how they were definitely all employees of the CIA

worth starting from the beginning but if you just want the good parts,
https://redcircle.com/shows/blowback/episodes/d47c392a-9ce5-4c10-adcf-ec3a10595965

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aglet56 posted:

as a side note, marina oswald, lee harvey oswald's wife, is an icon of #hustle culture. born in severodvinsk, russia, she married oswald when he had defected to the soviet union. she had known him for six weeks. about a year later, they moved back to the united states. jfk died about a year and a half later, and marina promptly threw oswald under the bus. according to william manchester:

Am I doning the math right or did oswald really get a gun for 20 bucks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Milo and POTUS posted:

Am I doning the math right or did oswald really get a gun for 20 bucks

oh yeah that was a lovely old rifle, totally feasible

Found this lol

quote:

Up till 1967 you could order .45 ACP 1911A1's for $20 off the back of the NRA's American Rifleman.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
yes, the carcano rifle was ordered through the mail for $19.95. the original ad has survived:

i'm not sure what that "specially priced" line means; maybe it's the price without the scope included?

for what it's worth, $20 in 1962 is the equivalent of $190 now. i don't know anything about guns, but a ruger american rifle (which, to my non-gun-expert eyes, seems like an analogous modern gun) is $470or so. so guns were certainly cheaper then but not incredibly so. according to the oliver stone movie JFK, anyone in texas could buy a rifle and get it on the same day without an ID

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
how about you come over and jack THIS ruby you loving idiot

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Oswald had a point, honestly

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

The Alchemist posted:

Oswald had a point, honestly

It takes a lot of courage to say that. I should be proud.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Aglet56 posted:

yes, the carcano rifle was ordered through the mail for $19.95. the original ad has survived:

i'm not sure what that "specially priced" line means; maybe it's the price without the scope included?

for what it's worth, $20 in 1962 is the equivalent of $190 now. i don't know anything about guns, but a ruger american rifle (which, to my non-gun-expert eyes, seems like an analogous modern gun) is $470or so. so guns were certainly cheaper then but not incredibly so. according to the oliver stone movie JFK, anyone in texas could buy a rifle and get it on the same day without an ID

it's one of the finest rifles ever made

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Jack: rubying my cock

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

AnimeIsTrash posted:

it's one of the finest rifles ever made

I don't know why people trash Carcanos so much, they weren't sublime but they were certainly capable enough to do what Oswald claimed he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghmY6HmR4fs

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
The only mistake Oswald did was missing the shot at Edwin Walker's head

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Alchemist posted:

The only mistake Oswald did was missing the shot at Edwin Walker's head
That wasn't a mistake

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!
Somebody on this forum once said that Oswald was an CIA asset and his mission was to make an assasination attempt on JFK, which could then be blamed Cuban extremists. Unfortunately the near miss turned into an actual hit.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

I don't know why people trash Carcanos so much, they weren't sublime but they were certainly capable enough to do what Oswald claimed he did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghmY6HmR4fs

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
I do honestly believe that Ruby killed Oswald just because he had the opportunity and loved the Kennedy’s. you don’t get people like that anymore. The Trump revenge killer maybe, but Clinton or Biden lovers are very online and deluding themselves.

The Kennedy s were a big deal though. They don’t want to let Sirhan out!

Quotey has issued a correction as of 08:38 on May 7, 2022

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
blowback cuba black pilld me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
like the cia obvs murked this guy kuz of commie sympathizing rihgt