Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
like 90% sure yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
one thing that will probably be unclear forever is if Jolly West have ruby cancer or just scrambled his brains permanently. 50 is pretty early to be getting as much super cancer as he got rapidly

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Quotey posted:

I do honestly believe that Ruby killed Oswald just because he had the opportunity and loved the Kennedy’s. you don’t get people like that anymore. The Trump revenge killer maybe, but Clinton or Biden lovers are very online and deluding themselves.

The Kennedy s were a big deal though. They don’t want to let Sirhan out!

Trump revenge killer?

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Kennedy was the first president to put the naval blockade around Cuba. gently caress around, find out. Oswald was a comrade on ideological level, but if the rumors about his personal life with Marina are true then gently caress that guy too.

Still not sure what the deal with that Ruby guy is though, sorry im not much of help OP.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

just another casualty of the temporal cold war

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xaris posted:

one thing that will probably be unclear forever is if Jolly West have ruby cancer or just scrambled his brains permanently. 50 is pretty early to be getting as much super cancer as he got rapidly

por que no los dos?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Egg Moron posted:

just another casualty of the temporal cold war

Tenet was so disappointing

animist
Aug 28, 2018

The Alchemist posted:

Kennedy was the first president to put the naval blockade around Cuba. gently caress around, find out. Oswald was a comrade on ideological level, but if the rumors about his personal life with Marina are true then gently caress that guy too.

Still not sure what the deal with that Ruby guy is though, sorry im not much of help OP.

you know Oswald was a cia asset right

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

mawarannahr posted:

he was a simp for Jackie O

still to this day the only FL worth killing for

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it was in retrospect pretty extremely weird that jack ruby just sat in jail for a few years with nobody much interested in talking to him and then he sent a letter to the government that was like "I have information that could lead to the arrest of idk someone important in the government" then a fuckin week later was hospitalized with ten different kinds of cancer and died instantly

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Idk seems like business as usual to me

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
jack pubey

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

ELTON JOHN posted:

jack pubey

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

JFK conspiracy theories are comrade erasure. They deliberately pushed these theories to muddy the waters, I believe as much was confirmed by the Pentagon Papers.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

SplitSoul posted:

JFK conspiracy theories are comrade erasure. They deliberately pushed these theories to muddy the waters, I believe as much was confirmed by the Pentagon Papers.

oswald was dropped into Russia for 2 years then immediately defected back to the states. He also got training at a cia facility. the smokescreen was that Oswald was a communist, not vice versa.

also anyone who uses the word "comrade" online is a huge nerd

(e: "defected", not "defeated")

animist has issued a correction as of 12:26 on May 29, 2022

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Internet communists denying that Oswald was a hardcore communist and pinning the assassination on the CIA are just further proof that anarchists are and always have been way cooler than them IMO. You don't see anarchists trying to deny that Leon Czolgosz was one of them.

Bet they probably write fanfic about how Kennedy was actually a cool dude and if he had lived he would have cleaned house at the CIA or whatever the gently caress instead of continuing to be their bitch and being one of the biggest contributers to the U.S. ending up in Vietnam.

Cannibal Llama has issued a correction as of 16:49 on May 28, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Leon Czolgosz didn’t accomplish anything whereas Oswald did, so of course anarchists claim him

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.

indigi posted:

Leon Czolgosz didn’t accomplish anything whereas Oswald did, so of course anarchists claim him

They both ultimately accomplished nothing in the end if we're being perfectly honest.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

oswald being an anarchist does not in any way preclude him from being a CIA asset

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cannibal Llama posted:

They both ultimately accomplished nothing in the end if we're being perfectly honest.

wrong, Oswald sent a message from the CIA that presidents were not allowed to interfere with foreign policy and anticommunism and sent the Dems down the path to the 68 convention and the party as it is today

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cannibal Llama posted:

Internet communists denying that Oswald was a hardcore communist and pinning the assassination on the CIA are just further proof that anarchists are and always have been way cooler than them IMO. You don't see anarchists trying to deny that Leon Czolgosz was one of them.

Bet they probably write fanfic about how Kennedy was actually a cool dude and if he had lived he would have cleaned house at the CIA or whatever the gently caress instead of continuing to be their bitch and being one of the biggest contributers to the U.S. ending up in Vietnam.

communists don’t do frivolous adventurism and if they try to, their comrades will stop them

in conclusion: jack ruby was a comrade

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

I'm sorry I'm too distracted by the fact that putting on yellowface is praxis. I-Is blackface praxis too???

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cannibal Llama posted:

I'm sorry I'm too distracted by the fact that putting on yellowface is praxis. I-Is blackface praxis too???

:xickos:

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

That honestly seems like it could make for a pretty good comedy. Like, 4 white communist agitators are trying to infiltrate a factory or whatever that's primarily black workers so they put on blackface and try to recruit them into the revolution and then, I don't know, funny shenanigans happens. This idea is on the table whatever coked up Hollywood writer could be browsing the C-SPAM forum of somethingawful on a saturday.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Cannibal Llama posted:

That honestly seems like it could make for a pretty good comedy. Like, 4 white communist agitators are trying to infiltrate a factory or whatever that's primarily black workers so they put on blackface and try to recruit them into the revolution and then, I don't know, funny shenanigans happens. This idea is on the table whatever coked up Hollywood writer could be browsing the C-SPAM forum of somethingawful on a saturday.

it is a play, maybe we could put on a performance for the forum by posting each line. I’ll be the guy that dies. or maybe you since you, like he, noticed maybe chinese face is bad???

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

communists don’t do frivolous adventurism and if they try to, their comrades will stop them

anarchists don’t believe in responsibility, they just want to dance

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

its kinda funny HW was able to have kennedy killed, puppeted reagan, take down the soviets, and then was btfo by a dude who looks like an hr manager who lost to a primary challenger

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Fish of hemp posted:

Somebody on this forum once said that Oswald was an CIA asset and his mission was to make an assasination attempt on JFK, which could then be blamed Cuban extremists. Unfortunately the near miss turned into an actual hit.

or he did miss and JFK got hit by friendly fire

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

True Anon has a six part series on jfk called JFK 101, that is a good primer on all things jfk including jack ruby

Chapo has a 2 part series on hw bush that also has some fascinating JFK errata

Also kitty history

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Cannibal Llama posted:

We'll call it Black Czechs

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

what are the odds I read about this kind of thing twice in a day? or is this some baader-meinhof type situation?

Vietnamese character. the committed by viet tanh nguyen

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

Riot Bimbo posted:

True Anon has a six part series on jfk called JFK 101, that is a good primer on all things jfk including jack ruby

Chapo has a 2 part series on hw bush that also has some fascinating JFK errata

Also kitty history

gonna plug Death Is Just Around the Corner’s series on JFK which was exquisite

https://www.patreon.com/deathcorner

JFK series free!

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
oswald went to the soviet union, but what's the evidence he did anything other than work and be completely useless, then come crying back to the US embassy?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cannibal Llama posted:

Internet communists denying that Oswald was a hardcore communist and pinning the assassination on the CIA are just further proof that anarchists are and always have been way cooler than them IMO
explain to me what kind of communist poses for a picture holding copies of both the daily worker and the militant

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
incidentally ran into those jokers and bought one of their newspapers. i respect the commitment to the bit where they haven't changed the format since the 1930s

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

explain to me what kind of communist poses for a picture holding copies of both the daily worker and the militant

I'm more suspicious about the angle he's leaning at

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Jose posted:

I'm more suspicious about the angle he's leaning at

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

its kinda funny HW was able to have kennedy killed, puppeted reagan, take down the soviets, and then was btfo by a dude who looks like an hr manager who lost to a primary challenger

the unmatched power of the saxophone