Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

DemoneeHo posted:

Has there been any word on Ciconia phase 2? I want to read the first one, but i don't want to commit to something with an uncertain schedule.
I think the safest assumption is that it's never coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MegaZeroX posted:

Yes, Rena is the best, and chapter 6 is also just amazing in general. One of my favorite things is how Rena's previous mental breakdown is handled. In episode 1, particularly if you believe in Keiichi's delusions, but even if you don't, the information about Rena's past unfairly taints your image of her. Rena in chapters 1-5 is nothing more than a loving friend who does her best, but as seen in earlier reactions, people don't trust her. Readers other her just because of her old mental break. Even when people shed having a completely negative impression of her, the readers, much like Shion in chapter 5, treat her unlike they treat the other characters.
It's not because of her past mental break. Its cause she stood in front of Keiichi's bedroom door for an hour!!!

Most readers decide chapter 1 Mion wasn't up to anything bad but it's harder to totally clear Rena due to the phantom needle which isn't resolved until chapter 6.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Nov 20, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DemoneeHo posted:

Gou and Sotsu were just... awful. Some writers and editors really sat down and thought yes, this is a good idea, let's animate this tedious and repetitive anime, the fans will love it. And then they recycled whole scenes from Gou into Sotsu.

Just a series of baffling decisions.
Were Gou and Sotsu not the most successful Ryukijiverse releases ever? Anime watchers seem to eat this crap up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Rockman Reserve posted:

Final thought: Doctor Nanjo just gives zero fucks, huh. At least Kumasawa and Genji are directly employed by Kinzo and are ostensibly trying to do the right thing in an awful situation, at least on some level. I'm not sure what mandatory reporting laws there are in Japan but christ Nanjo, you're a loving doctor, why are you covering any of this poo poo up.
What was it Willard calls Dr Nanjo at the start of the episode again? He singled him out I forget the exact wording.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Scrree posted:

Honestly, (seriously full umineko spoilers) are there any good theory-posts on Ange and how she 'actually' intersects with the forgeries and the catbox? My current understanding of the Ange of episodes 3/4 is that she's the 'vision' of Ange Tohya sees after she 'dies' in 1998 and he reconstructs what her life was like and what her ultimate fate may have been. But that feels like kind of a weak read given that very private scenes (like Ange summoning the Seven Sisters of Purgatory in the hotel room) are presented and also that would mean Tohya assumed Ange would take Mammon as her furniture girlfriend and honestly that's a bold move.
Does Ange show up in forgeries? As I understood it forgeries only concerned Rokkenjima.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ciconia is apparently still coming.
Got a link?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ymgve posted:

But Battler wasn’t the one that announced in red that the guest house seals were unbroken. He didn’t get to decide.

That whole part was bad and contrived to reach certain plot points. Erika should have been thrown out of the game for claiming she cut the heads off everyone retroactively without ever having announced it in the first place. When that was allowed, any kind of logic went out the window. And anyway, in no game before this was it the witch’s side’s job to explain the mystery. It’s not a logic error to say something was done by a witch, which is what has happened for all previous games.

I think the game master is responsible for manipulating every actor except the detective. So if the seals were unbroken it demonstrates that the game master didn't run their game correctly - he can't retroactively change what the detective has witnessed. Similarly Erika did actually cut everyone's head off during the game and Battler can't change that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ymgve posted:

Finished Ep8 now. Well that was both satisfying and also deeply unsatisfying. I constantly waited for the "mystery" explanation of the first games to show up, a thing that never came. It always stayed in the realm of fantasy with no detective coming out and explaining the mundane who, how and why. I guess that's kinda the theme of the story, but I wanted more of that deduction subgame in episode 8 where you actually had everything laid out and all the puzzle pieces fit together.
You can google it if you want now. Lot of people out there happy to lay that stuff out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ymgve posted:

Read a bit of the "solutions" and I think it's a bit dumb that (full spoilers) Shannon and Kanon are supposed to be a single person. You can not hide Shannon's bonkhonagahoogs with just some binding to get to Kanon's shape.
What about the other way around?