Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
There are three TripleMania shows this year, because every promotion now has to drag out their biggest shows over multiple days to increasingly diminished returns. But instead of doing it over a single weekend like Wrestle Kingdom or WrestleMania, AAA is doing it over multiple months, because that's just how AAA rolls.

The first one takes place in Monterrey tonight and the card is about as weird and AAA as these things can get. As always, you can read the full preview from cubsfan here.

Time: 9 p.m. ET

Watch: FITE TV

CARD:

The Young Bucks vs. Fenix & El Hijo del Vikingo

THIS loving MATCH :swoon: Could very well be the only unironically good match on the show

Psycho Clown vs. Canek, tournament first round

The main hook on this show is the start of Ruleto de la Muerte, a tournament where the losers advance, not the winners. If that sounds dumb and TNA-ish, it kinda is -- the losers move on to the "final round," which will be a mask-vs-mask match and is set to take place at the final TripleMania show later this year. This tournament is filled with stars who either aren't losing their mask on this bullshit (LA Park, Psycho Clown), or a bunch of old fogies who need the money, so it honestly could go either way, there isn't an obvious "winner" on paper.

Now for the bad news: these first-round matches will loving suck rear end. Barack Obama was still president the last time Canek wrestled a singles match.

Blue Demon Jr. vs. Rayo de Jalisco Jr., tournament first round

Could've been a cool match in, like, 1993 or something

LA Park vs. Villano IV, tournament first round

Is either guy even going to take a bump here?

Pentagon Jr. vs. Ultimo Dragon, tournament first round

Some goon's efed-booked match actually made it onto the TripleMania card, god bless. Ultimo is ultra-washed and Pentagon is known for taking nights off, so don't get your hopes too high here.

Oil! posted:

Three of the guys in this match are in the tournament and are 5 years older now.

https://youtu.be/unoDnMSATJ0

Pagano, Bandido, & Taya vs. Cibernetico, Andrade El Idolo, & Deonna Purazzo

Not much to this match other than the novelty of seeing former CMLL star Andrade working for the other company. Maybe Ric Flair will show up and take more bumps than any of the senior citizens in the tournament.

Dragon Lee & Dralistico vs. Taurus & Johnny Superstar vs. Laredo Kid & TBD

Alberto El Patron was originally going to be the mystery partner which would've been bad. But now he's off the show, presumably after other wrestlers protested, which is good! Still don't know who X is though.

AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship: Chik Tormenta & Arez(c) vs. Lady Maravilla & Latigo vs. Sexy Star II & Octagon Jr. vs. Tay Conti & Sammy Guevara

Sammy is dealing with injuries from that crazy ladder match with Scorp, so who knows how much or even if anything he'll do here. He and Tay might win anyway because AAA likes belting up foreign talent. And that's not the same Sexy Star you remember, in case it still needs to be pointed out. Also this is the only title match on the show even though AAA has like 80 belts.

Lumberjack match for Copa TripleMania XXX
Some Marvel match whatever

These are pre-show matches that won't be televised so who cares

TRIPLE MANIA TIME :toot:

Benne fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
This show will have a great match ||Fenix and Hijo del Vikingo vs Young Bucks|| and some horrendous matches ||Canek, Rayo del Jalisco Jr, Villano IV||. I have higher hopes on the Pentagon vs Ultimo Dragon (if Sonny Onoo shows up I will pop so hard) could be ok. The other matches are going to be AAA levels of run ins and invasions and I love this dumb poo poo.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

gently caress it, I've got the fite credits for this.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is this worth 20 dollars? I'm sure it'll be a train wreck.

is Dave Clown on the card?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

algebra testes posted:

Is this worth 20 dollars? I'm sure it'll be a train wreck.

No, definitely not.

This is for the lucha purists that hate their lives.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I read cubsfan's preview and now I gotta watch because I wanna see how AAA fucks up this loser-advances mask tournament.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

They did one of those back in the late 90's where it was a tag tournament but where the partners were enemies (parnejas incredibales or something like that). Pretty sure that was one where Hijo del Santo teamed with whoever he was feuding with at the time and they kept screwing each other over to intentionally lose and get to the mascara contra mascara.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
you know who Owen Hart lost the original Blue Blazer gimmick to in a match? that's right. El Canek.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Love triplemania's bullshit, but I don't love it twenty dollars, i could get a nice lunch instead. And I will.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Yeah, I had some nice Chinese food; wish CubsFan was still the US source for AAA lolz.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i am only here for hugo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The gently caress

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Already weird

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Super weird to not include Super Porky/Braso del Plata.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
aaa is going to get sued for using WWF

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Ultimo's music still slaps

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I did not remember how much Dragon's theme owned

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Will always mark for Ultimo

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
sick opener

I can't hear the ring or crowd at all on the English feed, is it better in Spanish?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

abraham linksys posted:

sick opener

I can't hear the ring or crowd at all on the English feed, is it better in Spanish?

same, i can barely hear them cheering right now

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

abraham linksys posted:

sick opener

Only do the spanish feed. No clue if it is mic'd better.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Why isn't Mr Iguana on this show?

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

Who's the plastic lady with the small trophy/urn?

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

AK-47 posted:

Who's the plastic lady with the small trophy/urn?

Enrique Pena's sister

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
SAMMYVERSE

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
come on Sammy let's hear some spanish

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tay speaking Spanish and Sammy responding in English like it's Han and Chewie is by far the best part of this act so far

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
hell yeah Tirantes

are the intergender tag teams in Mexico generally couples?

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

RealityWarCriminal posted:

hell yeah Tirantes

are the intergender tag teams in Mexico generally couples?

No

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

ok so the spanish commentary is just as hosed but with way more echo for some reason

i can hear hugo just fine on this english comms feed due to bleed-thru so i guess i'll stick with this

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love he took the bump even though she fell off mid move

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Rope walk SSP, the gently caress?!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Ishin posted:

Rope walk SSP, the gently caress?!

Komannder is good

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
This owns lol.

I especially love the "you will cum in 15 seconds playing this game" level ads behind the ring.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i am really glad i can hear hugo just fine on the commentary desk even though i'm watching the english stream

if they could do this and increase the crowd/ring mics this would be perfect but i guess i'll take this over a lot of past aaa streaming experiences

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
BRUTAL

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

PELIGRO! PELIGRO!

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
:lol: The cameraman ratting out Sammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
ahahahahaha lmao