Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:dafuq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna declare my remains holy relics and have individual bones shipped to assorted churches, temples, mosques, and synagogues.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Contrary to popular belief, human beings are not secretly skeletons, they're eldritch horrors hiding inside a skeleton:

Which is why humanity as a whole is insane.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I just want to be buried in the forest in the mountains where bugs and whatever critters dig me up can eat my meat and make me a dope skeleton.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, carbon to carbon.

But apparently that's "illegal" and "it would be really hard to haul your corpse up the mountain, and would raise many questions".

gently caress you, Big Cemetery. I know your game.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Everest is always an option, and surely one day Earth will become warm enough so something will eat you eventually

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Sue for religious discrimination. Tengri the great blue sky demands proper sky burial.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
put me in a gravitron and leave it on

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I want to be a skeleton chair.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I want one of those cool sky burials where they just toss me in a field and let the scavengers pick me clean.

This isn't a joke. Every time I try to explain it I get told I'm crazy.

It's not crazy let the dang animals get something outta me I don't want to be put in a box.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Treecko posted:

I want one of those cool sky burials where they just toss me in a field and let the scavengers pick me clean.

It's not crazy let the dang animals get something outta me I don't want to be put in a box.

My friend wants to be tossed in the ocean so the critters can have at. Ain't nothing wrong with feeding critters.

There's also one where they put you in a spore suit and mushrooms can grow from you. Green burials are pretty cool and there are lots of options!

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Das Boo posted:

My friend wants to be tossed in the ocean so the critters can have at. Ain't nothing wrong with feeding critters.

There's also one where they put you in a spore suit and mushrooms can grow from you. Green burials are pretty cool and there are lots of options!

if you do both the death and burial yourself (if you know what I mean) this costs $0 and nobody can stop you

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Treecko posted:

Just throw me over the city wall when I drop dead, feel free to add a brick if you think the wolves will be too much of a bother

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I already have the organ donor mark printed on my driver's license so I can't join you, op, but it does sound cool.

I dunno what kind of organs they can use. My liver is pretty shot and my heart is probably not in the best condition compared to a super athlete. Maybe they can give it to some kid and she can unironically joke that she may look like she's in her 20s, she has a heart of a 40 something. And then wear a The Cure concert shirt unironically.

Anyways, I hear organ donors or whole body donors get their body cremated after use so the next of kin will only get a cardboard urn full of ashes so that sounds like a nice cheap option. Then I guess someone could throw it off a boat or mix it with some fertilizer and plant a tree or whatever.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pon4Zux5MaQ&t=227s

Apparently, sky burials are illegal in the US

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
My will actually specifies that my ashes are to be divided into 1/3rds, upon threat of haunting.

1/3 to the forest mountains. 1/3 to to the sea. 1/3 to the wind.

I would still just like to have my meat eaten by bugs and animals, but whatever, it's a compromise.

Put me back! :colbert:

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I've legit thought about having my remains planted in a tree but then I realized I didn't want to be a sheet of paper for some dumb loving kid to write dumb poo poo on, so I guess I'd rather contaminate the ocean's waters as if it wasn't already filled with whale cum.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Lawman 0 posted:

I want to be a skeleton chair.

i want those culture drug glands

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I will never die.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

I'm gonna plug up the recycling tanks so bad they'll need a cyborg plumber :grin:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Roll me into a canal at let the gators have me.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kntfkr posted:

I will never die.

Famous last words.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Got to visit this place and it was pretty neat.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
According to Monster Manual (1st edition), a zombie has twice as many hit points as a skeleton, so I’d prefer that option. If I went for the full “wrapped in bandages” delux package I could be a mummy, which has a bunch more hit points plus some special abilities, but I worry it’s outside my price range.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Zombies smell though. An old skeleton is nice and clean.

Sure, more brittle, but wayyy less gross.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Please just feed me to the plankton. They need food too, you know?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Got to visit this place and it was pretty neat.

No it isn't and it's the result of fetishes and the tourists who patronize it.

IE you

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also for the record my ashes are to be scattered at sundown on the 18th hole of the country club I grew up working on.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

Also for the record my ashes are to be scattered at sundown on the 18th hole of the country club I grew up working on.

You disgust me.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Don't you know Golf Courses are an ecological nightmare???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
What about the loving planton??? THnk about the plankton when you made that decision???

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Didn't, did you???

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

What about the loving planton??? THnk about the plankton when you made that decision???

Water cycle man. It will get back to them eventually.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

The Butcher posted:

Water cycle man. It will get back to them eventually.

Copacetic.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'M GLAD OF IT

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i want to be tossed to the bottom of a very deep freshwater cave, and a daring diver will try to retrieve my body for my family

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Bad Purchase posted:

i want to be tossed to the bottom of a very deep freshwater cave, and a daring diver will try to retrieve my body for my family

Just a line of dead sea cave divers and dead sea cave diver rescuers trailing toward the surface.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
bones for the bone throne

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Dial A For Awesome posted:

According to Monster Manual (1st edition), a zombie has twice as many hit points as a skeleton, so I’d prefer that option. If I went for the full “wrapped in bandages” delux package I could be a mummy, which has a bunch more hit points plus some special abilities, but I worry it’s outside my price range.

don't skeletons have immunity or resistance to slashing damage and/or piercing damage?

sounds like a good tradeoff to me. Most parties have a sword and board chump and a mage that already casted their only magic missile on a friendly elf npc by accident.

probably better off just staying in the tavern and rolling for wenches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

air burial so i can soar above all you losers and then shat out on some dorks car

My last word before I transmute into the afterlife is gonna be "lol".