Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

All of those are false.

Cease to Hope posted:

weird, so are you saying all of those were true? they're the important things here.

anyway
- she pledged the money to the ACLU and donated a portion; that was put on hold when depp launched two lawsuits that were going to be quite expensive for her. this is common with donation pledges when something happens like a pair of expensive slapp lawsuits

She had the full divorce settlement for something like 1-1.5 years before Depp filed his lawsuit and she didn't fulfil it. Despite saying publicly she already donated the money.

quote:

- you're looking at a video of depp threatening her and destroying their shared home and you're concerned chiefly with who leaked it. the allegations of leaking are she-said she-said
Heard recorded the video and sent to TMZ and tipped them off about her appearances. TMZ reporter testified that they got the copyright to the video (which only could have come from heard) for the video so she lied on the stand in front of the jury. Credibility matters.

quote:

- you're looking at pictures of bruises from assault and saying they're fake with no evidence other than your desire to disbelieve them
Amber testified under oath that those were 2 different pictures, one taken with the lights on and one with the lights off. But the time stamps are identical and every strand of hair is exactly the same. I would love to hear your explaination for that.

quote:

- this is so vague that i'm not sure what you're referring to
Did you not watch the trial? She showed the same pictures of spilled wine/damage for 2 separate instances, months apart.

quote:

- this isn't a lie, just a minor inconsistency, which is pretty common when people are recalling traumatic physical abuse. how would she know the exact dollar amount of the damage anyway?
totally destroyed vs a broken lamp is a big difference. Again demonstrating her history of exaggerating and lying.

quote:

you were just saying that nobody said they saw depp abuse heard. not gonna reconsider your conclusions at all, confronted with new evidence?
The question was about past romantic partners, youre changing the subject. stay on track!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cease to Hope posted:

for example, everyone turns into a medical expert if it lets them doubt the account of a victim of a man they're already predisposed to like.

actually i'm literally a medical expert so sorry if i think you're a moron when you will apparently believe that being viciously beaten only leaves you with a barely visible bruise on your forehead. bar fights that last 10 seconds before the bros pull apart show more damage

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Cease to Hope posted:

- she pledged the money to the ACLU and donated a portion; that was put on hold when depp launched two lawsuits that were going to be quite expensive for her. this is common with donation pledges when something happens like a pair of expensive slapp lawsuits
-

She pledged that in 2016. Plenty of time before he sued her, so I don't buy that reason. She knew it looked good and figured there would be no follow-up to it and was going to keep the money. She was wrong.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I’ve watched about 2 minutes of you tube videos, but I’m thinking maybe people shouldn’t beat each other? Also it’s possible that everyone involved is a bad person.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

yeah i do rule, thank you

btw i was replying specifically to people who'd been posting epic poop memes. sorry i made blatant misogyny and victim blaming less fun for them and you.

it's really telling that you're just making up testimony like "Also when I said he hit me I meant he drop kicked me, took 5 steps back, then slammed me as I got back to my feet with a running, spinning lariat that gave me 3 black eyes and a bloody lip." that isn't what she alleged and it wasn't what her sister alleged. if you just make up what she said in your head, you can blame her for an infinite number of imaginary lies. i keep saying, people will believe anything as long as it lets them doubt the account of a victim of a man they're already predisposed to like. people just love the lying crazy bitch narrative.

I apologize, I don't have the time to look up a transcript of the actual testimony and replace "spinning lariat that gave me 3 black eyes etc" with the specifics she stated about how he allegedly thrashed her repeatedly into a bloody, swollen mess less than 24 hours before she appeared on x talk show or y event. Instead, take my analogous post as word for word verbatim testimony.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

All of those are false.

She had the full divorce settlement for something like 1-1.5 years before Depp filed his lawsuit and she didn't fulfil it. Despite saying publicly she already donated the money.

Heard recorded the video and sent to TMZ and tipped them off about her appearances. TMZ reporter testified that they got the copyright to the video (which only could have come from heard) for the video so she lied on the stand in front of the jury. Credibility matters.

Amber testified under oath that those were 2 different pictures, one taken with the lights on and one with the lights off. But the time stamps are identical and every strand of hair is exactly the same. I would love to hear your explaination for that.

Did you not watch the trial? She showed the same pictures of spilled wine/damage for 2 separate instances, months apart.

totally destroyed vs a broken lamp is a big difference. Again demonstrating her history of exaggerating and lying.

The question was about past romantic partners, youre changing the subject. stay on track!

donating over time is normal. she was donating in installments, then stopped when the lawsuit happened. this is what she testified to, even.

heard recorded the video. a representative of tmz (which is raking it in on HEARD OWNED BY DEPP! articles btw) testified she gave it to them. it is she-said she-said.

they're very similar because they were taken one after the other. what is confusing about this

are you saying she was lying about depp destroying her things and spilling wine everywhere? because even he admitted he did that, and there are many witnesses to him doing it. two disorganized pictures doesn't turn a fact depp doesn't even dispute into a lie.

an abuse victim felt like things were worse than they were. that's not lying, that's just a normal minor inconsistency.

idk why depp chose to abuse heard and not those other women. i'm not a telepath. that's not even an inconsistency; abusers are nice to people they aren't abusing all the time.

Harminoff posted:

She pledged that in 2016. Plenty of time before he sued her, so I don't buy that reason. She knew it looked good and figured there would be no follow-up to it and was going to keep the money. She was wrong.

pledges are routinely paid in installments and not as one lump sum.

weekly font posted:

actually i'm literally a medical expert so sorry if i think you're a moron when you will apparently believe that being viciously beaten only leaves you with a barely visible bruise on your forehead. bar fights that last 10 seconds before the bros pull apart show more damage

gotta love a medical expert diagnosing someone they've never met so they can call her a crazy liar in two separate threads. you are the coolest person ever

BabyRyoga posted:

I apologize, I don't have the time to look up a transcript of the actual testimony

but you're perfectly well-equipped to decide she's a liar and probably mentally ill, it seems

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cease to Hope posted:

gotta love a medical expert diagnosing someone they've never met so they can call her a crazy liar in two separate threads. you are the coolest person ever

lmao

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Those are the same picture, geez embarrassing of her to actually try to present those as meaningfully different.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

People are honestly wasting their time replying to this poo poo. Either they're a troll or an idiot, possibly both, and the net result is the same - wasted energy.

The metadata for the two photos (that were actually one) is identical, down to the exact second they were both alleged to have been taken. I'm annoyed at myself at even typing out that sentence because I feel like I've lost just by earnestly replying.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Durzel posted:

Either they're a troll or an idiot, possibly both, and the net result is the same - wasted energy.

i think this thread is disgusting and the people who are eager to meme-ify their misogyny are pathetic. it's good that people feel a little bit bad about posting hateful poo poo like "Fire up the meme machine, we’ve got work to do."

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

they're very similar because they were taken one after the other. what is confusing about this

lmao are you Creed Bratton?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Cease to Hope posted:

You had me until here

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

donating over time is normal. she was donating in installments, then stopped when the lawsuit happened. this is what she testified to, even.
I mean, she testified that she had donated it all. Then, when presented with evidence that she hadn't done that, she said she "uses pledge and donate interchangeably" which is not how words work.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You had me until here

have you literally never seen anyone take 100 shots for one good selfie? like she's not even claiming they're from two separate incidents

this is what i mean about people believing literally anything except for the pictures of the injuries. how the gently caress do you "um actually" this poo poo

Trapick posted:

I mean, she testified that she had donated it all.

when

like, quote this one for me

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Cease to Hope posted:

It is ... until you testify under oath that you donatED the money, which was an important reason cited by the UK judge for her credibility.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

quote:

"You still haven't donated the $7 million divorce settlement to charity. Isn't that right?" Vasquez put to Heard who was continuing to give testimony on Monday.

"Incorrect," Replied Heard, "I pledged the entirety⁠—"

"No, Ms. Heard. That's not my question," Vasquez cut Heard off. She went on to clarify that she meant donate, and not pledged.

"I use pledge and donation synonymous with one another. They mean the same thing," Heard said. From the point the back and forth heated up but both women remained restrained in their firm stance.

"That's how donations are paid," Heard told Vasquez and the jury.

https://www.newsweek.com/amber-heard-camille-vasquez-johnny-depp-lawyer-definition-donate-1707221

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

It is ... until you testify under oath that you donatED the money, which was an important reason cited by the UK judge for her credibility.

and the appeal said that no, it wasn't the basis for the decision

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

have you literally never seen anyone take 100 shots for one good selfie? like she's not even claiming they're from two separate incidents

this is what i mean about people believing literally anything except for the pictures of the injuries. how the gently caress do you "um actually" this poo poo

when

like, quote this one for me
Lawyer: "But you hadn't donated your entire seven million dollar settlement to charity at that point, had you?"

Heard: "That's incorrect"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrV7oGPSsjo

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

okay you have that, now quote the part where:

Trapick posted:

she testified that she had donated it all.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Cease to Hope posted:

You can find videos on youtube that proof that it's literally the same picture with color adjustments. No matter how many selfies you take, you will not be able to recreate the same picture down to every single pixel - even when we disregard the fact that she must have changed either a setting or the lighting of the room to make them LOOK different.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Amber Heard is probably mentally incapable of considering herself an abuser. And it would seem you are also unable to consider her an abuser.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Durzel posted:

People are honestly wasting their time replying to this poo poo. Either they're a troll or an idiot, possibly both, and the net result is the same - wasted energy.

The metadata for the two photos (that were actually one) is identical, down to the exact second they were both alleged to have been taken. I'm annoyed at myself at even typing out that sentence because I feel like I've lost just by earnestly replying.

That was my conclusion was well

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I watched over 60 hours of the trial and she was lying/exaggerating like crazy.

She wasn't consistent, her accounts of abuse were outlandish and did not line up with any photographs she provided and while I bet Depp was not a good partner, everyone that came to speak on his behalf said that he would never do what she accused him of.

Like, she claimed he bashed her face in so much that "I lost count" and that he smashed her back and broke the bed. Yet she was in a backless dress the next day and didn't have a scrap of damage on her. You can use makeup to hide bruises but not the swelling that would come from that.

Again, I've been involved with people with BPD and it lines up with my experiences. Hell, I had someone claim that I beat them just because I raised my voice in an argument.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

okay you have that, now quote the part where:
Are you having trouble parsing it?

Lawyer: "But you hadn't donated your entire seven million dollar settlement to charity at that point, had you?"
Heard: "That's incorrect"

I know double negatives are confusing, but she's saying right there "I had donated the entire settlement to charity at that point". She could easily have said, from the beginning, "I pledged to, was in the process of donating in installments and had paid $x, and was then sued so had to put a pause on it" and that would be quite reasonable to most people.

Edit: also, on some tv interview, bolding mine:
In 2018, Heard appeared on Dutch talk show RTL Late Night and said: ‘$7million in total was donated – I split it between the ACLU and the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. I wanted nothing.’

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

but you're perfectly well-equipped to decide she's a liar and probably mentally ill, it seems

Yep, I saw the testimony once. I'm just not so dedicated to looking up specifics to post in an internet thread filled with mostly poo poo posts and trolls, when we've already been over most of the serious discussion related to the actual facts of the case once.

I also have personal history with a partner with BPD who was emotionally abusive many times and ALMOST physically abusive at least once, that gives me a bias where I am inclined to characterize Heard in a specific way based on my interpretation of the facts of the case, her own testimony, and the testimony from medical and phycological experts. Neverminded my own experiences with abuse, I'll simply relay some brief anecdotes concerning to sort of way a person with BPD thinks. There was one time where my ex had a cavity and was crying for hours, convinced that when she went to the dentist, they were going to have to extract each and every one of her teeth. There was another time where she was too busy to send in the form to renew the sticker on her plates and was worried that the FBI was going to swarm her apartment, throw her in jail, and impound her vehicle for being a week or two late. I'm familiar with the patterns of exaggerated thoughts, the little (and not so little) lies, and the narcissistic way of framing things.

I also have at least one friend who has a major drinking and substance abuse problem that has isolated him from the rest of our social group (dozens of people) over the course of a decade or so, because of problems with him being belligerent, unreliable, etc. He's never actually physically assaulted someone as far as I know, it's just disappointing and frustrating dealing with his bullshit.

All just anecdotal, but you have to accept the fact that many other people probably have similar experiences with these type of people that colors their opinions of how to perceive testimony and evidence, and not assume literally 9/10ths of the world is taking one person's side because of some memes, or smear campaigns/conspiracies propagated by one side in a case where both sides have probably had a roughly equal amount of misinformation and smearing said about each other on social media/traditional media by both related parties and unrelated parties.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

GaussianCopula posted:

You can find videos on youtube that proof that it's literally the same picture with color adjustments

i can find videos on youtube that "proof" all sorts of false poo poo. youtube is a slurry of fake sensationalist garbage.

you (and quite a few other posters) don't want to believe the evidence is real. i understand that. people will believe literally anything as long as it lets them disbelieve a victim. happens all the time.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

no guys you're not allowed to bring your personal experiences into your personal opinions on public figures. only OP's matter.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Again, I've been involved with people with BPD and it lines up with my experiences. Hell, I had someone claim that I beat them just because I raised my voice in an argument.

:hmmyes: provoked into emotional outburst, then you are the monster!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
These people are white trash

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
we found the one person in the world that is waiting on aquaman 2 to come out

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Waterbed Wendy posted:

correct

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Waterbed Wendy posted:

:hmmyes:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

i can find videos on youtube that "proof" all sorts of false poo poo. youtube is a slurry of fake sensationalist garbage.

you (and quite a few other posters) don't want to believe the evidence is real. i understand that. people will believe literally anything as long as it lets them disbelieve a victim. happens all the time.

So according to you:

-Johnny Depp is unreliable
-Johnny Depp’s lawyers, friends, and acquaintances, many of which testified under oath that Johnny Depp didn’t do anything, is unreliable.
-Everyone who was indirectly involved with the events in question and testified to their experiences are unreliable
-The evidence directly contradicting Amber Heard’s claims and testimony ate unreliable
-The judge and jury are unreliable
-The entire US legal system is unreliable
-Everyone on Twitter, Reddit, this thread that are drawing on their own experience or expertise are unreliable.
-Youtube is unreliable.

So the only reliable sources to you are Amber Heard, Amber Heard’s sister, and yourself. Is that correct?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

I also have personal history with a partner with BPD who was emotionally abusive many times and ALMOST physically abusive at least once, that gives me a bias where I am inclined to characterize Heard in a specific way based on my interpretation of the facts of the case, her own testimony, and the testimony from medical and phycological experts. Neverminded my own experiences with abuse, I'll simply relay some brief anecdotes concerning to sort of way a person with BPD thinks.

Abuse is terrible. Using it as an excuse to pretend that you can read the mind of someone who was only diagnosed with BPD by a psych who was hired specifically to assassinate her character in a trial is understandable, but still despicable. The doctor who was actually treating her did not diagnose her with any personality disorders. The doctor who was hired to say she was BPD and narcissistic was hired specifically to produce the result of people saying, "Oh, I know someone who was unstable, she must be an unstable liar," just like you're doing here. (Or, just, "haha she's a crazy lying bitch," which is also a fairly common post in this thread.)

I'm sorry, raising your voice doesn't leave bruises, and it doesn't hit your family members. This isn't a he-said, she-said case. BPD doesn't make people conspire over the course of years to falsify evidence and discuss fake abuse with their closest confidants while hiding it from the world while also recruiting her family, the conspiracy theory that Depp's narrative relies on. Nothing does that, it's the plot of loving Gone Girl, not reality.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cease to Hope posted:

Which instance of abuse did this picture come from?
Remember, she claimed those two pictures were from separate instances of abuse.

It's both pictures layered on top of each other because they are the exact same picture, you absolute moron.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Leave it to the few remaining insulated freaks on this site to go to bat for a woman who was such a bad "victim" that she essentially "red-pilled" Resetera of all places. At least Cease is doing it in the appropriate thread so they're still a step above the rest

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 2, 2022

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

I'm sorry, raising your voice doesn't leave bruises, and it doesn't hit your family members.

Oh okay good to know. Got my verbal abuse pass, guys! 🥳

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I think this trial has shown us the truth - we do not deserve to survive as a species and we must be destroyed at any cost

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cease to Hope posted:

BPD doesn't make people conspire over the course of years to falsify evidence and discuss fake abuse with their closest confidants while hiding it from the world while also recruiting her family

Funny you say that, because the partner of mine in question did exactly that, several times. Firsthand, once to me concerning the partner that was there when I came along (to string me along and turn her closest 2 or so friends against the other person), and once to the person she ended up dating afterwards (to string them along and turn her closest friends against me), and i've heard she did it to others as well from other friends and acquaintances. Can't really say for certain it's BPD that caused that line of behavior, but a pattern is a pattern. People tend to believe patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Bernie Bro
Feb 4, 2020

FUCK MY ASSHOLE, LOL
just because amber heard is at least as abusive as depp doesn't mean she isn't innocent of defamation