Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

she's never denied hitting him. she didn't accuse him of anything publicly until forced, and indeed sought to hide her injuries at the time. she sought to break contact with a TRO and then a divorce, not extend it long after by launching multiple lawsuits.

particularly telling is the rape accusation; it's the most salacious accusation but it didn't come up publicly in the divorce and she sought to keep it private during the UK trial.

I mean thats not true, she's denied multiple incidents of hitting him. No one forced her to write the Me too OpEd, which sparked Depp's law suits, and she tried to initiated defamation arbitration before Depp filed any lawsuit. She was leaking stuff to TMZ. There was evidence Johnny was going to file for divorce and she beat him to it. She lied about donating millions to charity.

In one case, the SA claim only came up after another witness saw her attacking Depp so she claimed he SA'ed her to justify assault.

I guess with someone who keeps lying and making stuff up and submitting doctored evidence, how do you trust her at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Cease to Hope posted:

i do have a lot of personal experience with people trotting out psychs to diagnose DV and rape victims that they saw briefly in order to build up a narrative of them being crazy liars, yes

again, depp isn't the first or last to pull this one

No I meant actual personal experience not whatever you just said.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

i'm pretty sure the jury was like you: they liked funny memes and the charismatic actor more than the ugly fact that he beat her for years. it was foolish of her to think anyone would believe any amount of evidence.

No no he didn’t beat her for years the article was not actually wasn’t about him.

Apparently.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Scipiotik posted:

First it was 7. Second all you have to do is watch her direct testimony and cross and see how truthful she is as she contradicts herself constantly and struggles to fake cry, which her own acting coach who heard called as a witness stated that heard cannot produce tears when fake crying but does cry tears when genuinely crying.

I do think that depp only should have won the SV claim. I think there is ample evidence that he was abusive. But again ambers own expert witness claimed that mutual abuse is not real, so I can see why the jury got her for all 3 statements.

What happened to the other 5 jurors?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

No I meant actual personal experience not whatever you just said.

yes. even if she is, which i doubt since the only psych claiming it met with her only briefly, i know that they're statistically vastly more likely to be victims of abuse than abusers. what is your point here

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

I mean thats not true, she's denied multiple incidents of hitting him. No one forced her to write the Me too OpEd, which sparked Depp's law suits, and she tried to initiated defamation arbitration before Depp filed any lawsuit.

In one case, the SA claim only came up after another witness saw her attacking Depp so she claimed he SA'ed her to justify assault.

what incident of hitting him did she deny? what lawsuit did she file besides the TRO and divorce?

sorry, there've already been a bunch of people saying poo poo that turned out to be blatantly false, so [citation needed]

speaking of blatantly false, the claim of sexual assault came up in the UK case. it was just private, because they didn't make quite as much a spectacle of that case. it's the sealed accusations the judge mentions in the final verdict.

spunkshui posted:

No no he didn’t beat her for years the article was not actually wasn’t about him.

no, he did totally beat her for years. the point is that the article didn't even accuse him of that.

like, go back and copy one false line from that article for me

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 2, 2022

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Maybe they were both abusive but only one of them got caught admitting it on tape. Sucks to be the dumbest abuser in the relationship.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Butternubs posted:

Maybe they were both abusive but only one of them got caught admitting it on tape. Sucks to be the dumbest abuser in the relationship.

every GBS poster seeing someone hit their sister: well that's his opinion and i respect it

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Oh so everyone just refused to work with Johnny Depp after the article came out and thought he was a woman abuser for literally no reason.

Yeah that makes perfect sense.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
lets see how this new precedent also plays out with non white or rich women

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

spunkshui posted:

Oh so everyone just refused to work with Johnny Depp after the article came out and thought he was a woman abuser for literally no reason.

probably because of the pictures taken of bruises on his wife more than the op-ed that came out after he stopped getting work. plus he was famously an alcoholic and cokehead who needed someone to read him his lines over a headset and was in the middle of suing his own lawyer and agent and manager.

like, if anything ruined his career, it was stories like this

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

lets see how this new precedent also plays out with non white or rich women

i mean, that's the reason i'm so pissed off. all this poo poo with heard fits into a long history of abusers and rapists weaponizing divorce and family and petty defamation and any other court they can think of to victimize women nobody will ever give a poo poo about. i'm not really super invested in a B-list actor who's never been in a movie that was better than just fine in particular. it just pisses me off to see everyone falling for this poo poo constantly.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jun 2, 2022

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

what incident of hitting him did she deny? what lawsuit did she file besides the TRO and divorce?

sorry, there've already been a bunch of people saying poo poo that turned out to be blatantly false, so [citation needed]

It trial there was evidence before JD filed any lawsuit she tried to go to arbitration, contempory article referencing it: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/johnny-depp-amber-heard-legal-documents-shed-new-light-dual-abuse-accounts-1171081/

"I didn't assault Johnny ever" https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1526559836762017792

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Oh come on now no one said that he wasn’t getting work because of cocaine if that was true no one in Hollywood would be working.

Everyone knows it was because of the metoo.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

You seem to think we don't believe she is A victim, but what you really are mad about is we don't see her as THE victim. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean we have to? :shrug:

And the point is as a child of a borderline mother my personal experience with it is things that were absolutely abusive are dismissed and if anything I am the one being abusive when I ask her to confront those actions. So I can't help but feel parallels here.

The jury system and civil lawsuits and all that? Not a fan, and I'm not going to pretend like anything that happened here did any good for our society, but I just don't get your angle here at all.

I willingly admit the FACT that Depp was abusive towards her because I believe most people at the worst moments are capable of being abusive, myself included. I don't think Depp is without fault here. But my OPINION is he was undeniably subjected to plenty of abuse too. And that her vested interest in being seen as THE ONLY VICTIM here really was effective on you.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 2, 2022

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
They are both bad people. Equally bad.

The result is obvious. And money.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

spunkshui posted:

Oh come on now no one said that he wasn’t getting work because of cocaine if that was true no one in Hollywood would be working.

Everyone knows it was because of the metoo.

high-functioning addicts get work, but he was not high-functioning. poo poo like this was coming out in 2008. the wifebeating was the capper on a long downward slide.

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr posted:

It trial there was evidence before JD filed any lawsuit she tried to go to arbitration, contempory article referencing it: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/business/business-news/johnny-depp-amber-heard-legal-documents-shed-new-light-dual-abuse-accounts-1171081/

"I didn't assault Johnny ever" https://twitter.com/cathyrusson/status/1526559836762017792

she testified she hit him when he hit her sister, and her sister testified that happened too. the distinction is that she admitted hitting him in self-defense or defense of her sister. that is hitting someone, but isn't assault.

Tenkaris posted:

You seem to think we don't believe she is A victim, but what you really are mad about is we don't see her as THE victim. Just because you feel that way doesn't mean we have to?

you can believe whatever tremendously stupid thing you want, it's a free country

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Cease to Hope posted:

you can believe whatever tremendously stupid thing you want, it's a free country

As you continue to demonstrate! :agesilaus:

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Cease to Hope posted:

high-functioning addicts get work, but he was not high-functioning. poo poo like this was coming out in 2008. the wifebeating was the capper on a long downward slide.

she testified she hit him when he hit her sister, and her sister testified that happened too. the distinction is that she admitted hitting him in self-defense or defense of her sister. that is hitting someone, but isn't assault.

How does listening to music while working make you not high-functioning? Did you even read the article or just the headline?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Tenkaris posted:

As you continue to demonstrate! :agesilaus:

i mean, it's a free country as long as you don't make a veiled allusion to years of being beaten and raped by a popular and charismatic man. then all sorts of assholes crawl out of the woodwork to make your life hell

Harminoff posted:

How does listening to music while working make you not high-functioning? Did you even read the article or just the headline?

it was an open secret that he was having his lines fed to him, which he even confirmed in 2018. the fact that he was difficult to work with was something his former agent testified about at the trial, too.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jun 2, 2022

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What happened to the other 5 jurors?

I guess in VA civil cases only use 7 jurors.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i would have played the entire movie crybaby and let the jury decide

Trevorrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 4, 2008

Trial started with 11 jurors 4 of which are alternates. 2 had to drop out for various reasons. 2 were alternates that were randomly eliminated after listening for 6 weeks, right before deliberations.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This JurY is so bad, it should be called a JurF!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
To be honest I wasn't expecting much of this new one, especially after the last two weren't that good.
But it got me going, I got pulled into it and had to watch it until the end, even though it had an unusual long run time.
The new captain I liked, she sat there and gave out orders like any good captain would. She took no poo poo from anyone.
I liked the look of the ship, very spacious, but I found it strange most of it was in the one room, with no ropes or port holes or anything.
And there mustn't have been any storms, didn't see it shake or move about on the tides ones.
The new crew mates were really good, though I miss the little midget guy and the old guy with the parrot.
One of the new crew mates was the obvious comedic relief, objecting to everything even himself!
The main stars though, they didn't really do anything, just sitting there.
So score for this sixth Pirates of the Caribbean, 6/10.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the ladies love Depp and hate huerd and i'm pleased to announce that i also picked the winning side to root for in office discussions and have advanced my social position having done so. big ups to all the hard working posters who watched and/or read this trash keeping us informed and "in the know". we,re celebrating today

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

and also rip to haerd supporters, methinks you should have backed depp when the writing was on the wall? good luck with your relationships going forqard

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

and also rip to haerd supporters, methinks you should have backed depp when the writing was on the wall? good luck with your relationships going forqard

Lord Farquaad?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

objection. defendant is mad on the internet

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

objection. defendant is mad on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ24r5gbzaI

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
So does Depp get to unban Lowtax now?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

busalover posted:

So does Depp get to unban Lowtax now?

he should have figured out a way to frame the accusations of abuse as an epic poop meme, he could've at least won gbs over

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
12 Angry Turds

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the incel chuds wanking over the verdict are dumb
the "OH MY GOD WHY WONT ANYONE BELIEVE WOMEN" people crying over the verdict are dumb
johnny depp is dumb
amber heard is dumb
this whole thing is dumb

I, also, am dumb

this guy seems smart

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
The lasting legacy of this trial will be the invention of the "Megapint"

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
amber turd lmao. I just got that

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I am sad they weren't both sentenced to death. It would have made everyone happy.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Is that a new pokemon?

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Vengarr posted:

I assume that megapint is 1000 kilopints. Is that imperial or us pints? Either way that's a whole lot of beer.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

pouring wine into a pint glass at an angle, stopping right at the rim of the glass

time to drink some wine

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Cease to Hope posted:

How often do you hit your friends?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Powerful Katrinka posted:

How often do you hit your friends?

idk none of them have spent years hitting me or tried to hit my sister. i suppose i'd have to figure out how i'd navigate that maze when i come to it. hopefully never, based on how people treat victims.