Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I don't really care about the trial except that now that everyone talks about it, it seems to be something you can't escape. When I first heard the allegations against Depp I kinda figured that he probably was that kind of guy. After watching Heard on the stand though I can't help but wonder if she's on something. She reminds me of scumbags I used to know who would ramble about nonsense and dramatize their stories to make their lies seem more real. She seeks eye contact with the jury and the cameras. She's shifty.

Regardless of what Depp did or didn't do, Heard is a pretty shady individual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

hurd is shifty, has shifty eyes and is possibly on something (drugs?/). will use this at the next watercooler conversation. thanks :thanks:

glad I could help, cheers!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Wifi Toilet posted:

Is this over yet? Which one's going to prison?

We all go to prison :(

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I haven't read the entire thread yet, only the last couple pages, but I'm kinda surprised by the amount of people who either believe Depp or think both were abusive? Wasn't it already proven that the whole #IStandWithDepp thing was a disinfo campaign against Amber Heard? The sort of YouTube channels and terminally online people pushing that narrative should be telling enough.

Well, the incel/misogynist clan on youtube will always glom onto something like this and fill the main page with recommends for anti-woman videos. Doesn't mean that Heard isn't an abuser herself.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I think if you're starting to make the same observations incels/MRAs do from watching the trial, you should probably consider you might have been influenced by the disinfo campaign.

You know who else liked coffee? Hitler, that's who! Liking coffee == Hitler.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_a-CKrx4t0

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Will Amber Heard and Johnny Depp finally face justice for the crimes they have committed? May they be hung from the neck until dead!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Powerful Katrinka posted:

It's misogynist to assume that a woman can't be violent and abusive, checkmate

Women can be every bit as lovely as a man can and Amber was found out in this case. That said, misogynists and divorced dads everywhere are going to do a victory lap and use this case as a cudgel every time abuse is brought up in the news.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

STABASS posted:

women can now be fined millions of dollars for pooping. this is some handmaid's tale poo poo

This is Biden's America! God save us all!

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Craptacular! posted:

This isn’t the first time I’ve seen a goin use divorced dads as a monoculture.

It's like saying white people in reference to something dumb or racist. you know which ones we're talking about. Of course it's not divorced dads in general but the divorced dads that complain about women getting everything and turning their kids against them blah blah blah.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

Bringing up "Women can be shitheads too" is like saying "Black people can be shitheads too" during the civil war. It does nothing but hurts the cause of the minorities fighting for their rights.

So you can never hold a member of a minority accountable?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

Not when the supreme court is on the verge of outlawing abortion.

lol, wtf kind of logic is this?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Yaldabaoth posted:

Women are actively fighting for their rights. Pointing out that women can be shitheads too just makes it harder for people to sympathize with them and for their cause to succeed.

Setting up a minority as a paragon of virtue is counter to the end goals of equity and equality because it makes things worse for that minority when one of the members does screw up or does something wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Johnny Depp doesn't have to be a saint in order for Amber Heard's allegations to be hogwash. And really? Did Johnny really spend YEARS hitting people? Quit with the frantic hyperbole.