Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Confusedslight posted:

So, what was the lesson here?

Learn to fake cry before taking the stand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

mcmagic posted:

Congrats to all the incels.

Johnny Depp has definitely hosed at least once

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yaldabaoth posted:

I'm not. I recognise that the republicans are actively trying to burn America to the ground and poo poo like this trial will just embolden them.

Are you one of those people who thinks if we just vote harder we can fix things

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Let me stop you there

They definitely think but this is like glimpsing into the thoughts of a golden retriever.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dysgenesis posted:

Just seen some of Amber Heards testimony on the news for the first time.

She's a terrible actress.

I feel like the nail in the coffin was when her acting coach, telling a completely unrelated story, mentioned that Amber Heard has a really hard time fake crying lmao

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fart Amplifier posted:

The whole Me Too movement was about how women weren't believed about sexual assault and how pervasive the issue is. This absolutely will have a chilling effect (especially in Hollywood)

All the more reason Amber Heard should disappear forever.

otoh I thought this article from a few days ago was good https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/pop-culture-news/male-domestic-violence-survivors-say-feel-depp-heard-trial-turning-poi-rcna29742

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Perfect Potato posted:

It's insane that she was making up more and more outrageous and monstrous events while in the middle of her own loving public testimony. All she had to do was drop the countersuit that opened her up to her own mental evaluations, stick to the 2-3 public stories and say that Depp slapped her around and verbally debased and demeaned her on a regular basis (regardless of truthfulness) and she would have been completely home free on pretty much every count

This is what flipped me, my sister and mother who all came in assuming Depp was a wifebeater. The pictures are up on screen while she’s saying she was held down and punched too many times to count by a man who wears multiple rings and yet no cuts and barely a bruise? We’re all in/retired from medicine and we’ve seen raped and assaulted women and sorry they don’t look good enough to go on James Corden 12 hours later with all the foundation on gods flat green earth.

Thinking about actual victims while she asked us to believe her over our eyes was infuriating.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The whole point was that no one on the jury found any of her accusations credible but you can keep beating that drum I guess.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cease to Hope posted:

not the first jury to ignore the evidence and instead decide that a DV and rape victim is a crazy liar. unfortunately, probably not the last, either.

Ah the old "the refs hosed us!" Classic.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cease to Hope posted:

for example, everyone turns into a medical expert if it lets them doubt the account of a victim of a man they're already predisposed to like.

actually i'm literally a medical expert so sorry if i think you're a moron when you will apparently believe that being viciously beaten only leaves you with a barely visible bruise on your forehead. bar fights that last 10 seconds before the bros pull apart show more damage

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cease to Hope posted:

gotta love a medical expert diagnosing someone they've never met so they can call her a crazy liar in two separate threads. you are the coolest person ever

lmao

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

quote:

"You still haven't donated the $7 million divorce settlement to charity. Isn't that right?" Vasquez put to Heard who was continuing to give testimony on Monday.

"Incorrect," Replied Heard, "I pledged the entirety⁠—"

"No, Ms. Heard. That's not my question," Vasquez cut Heard off. She went on to clarify that she meant donate, and not pledged.

"I use pledge and donation synonymous with one another. They mean the same thing," Heard said. From the point the back and forth heated up but both women remained restrained in their firm stance.

"That's how donations are paid," Heard told Vasquez and the jury.

https://www.newsweek.com/amber-heard-camille-vasquez-johnny-depp-lawyer-definition-donate-1707221

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

no guys you're not allowed to bring your personal experiences into your personal opinions on public figures. only OP's matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Waterbed Wendy posted:

These people are white trash

:hmmyes: