Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

busalover posted:

So tomorrow is the last day, with the verdict... next week? Or also tomorrow?

Tomorrow morning is closing + jury instructions. So about 2pm at the latest the jury will start deliberating.

After that, it's anybody's guess how long they will take. They could take several days but they could also be done in 5 minutes.

Given that this has been a very long trial, and that, if they don't reach a verdict tomorrow, they would have to come back on Tuesday after Memorial Day, my money is on a very quick decision. In favour of Johnny Depp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Perfect Potato posted:

lol Rottenborn took 1h10 of the 2h closing so now Elaine is flailing at 2x speed to get through the counterclaim

Team JD has 39 minutes left for rebuttal, team AH has 6 minutes. SIX!!! All that time wasted on Elaine incoherently rambling like a 6-year old child.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Khorne posted:

Rottenborn & Elaine did a good job and if no one wins it's likely due to what they said today.

I agree and/or disagree with a bunch of things you said, but this sticks out. Rottenborn did as much as he could, that's true, but I can't believe you're serious about Elaine.

She rambled for about 45 minutes, sometimes straight up pulling facts out of her rear end. It was unprofessional and unethical. The only reason she wasn't blasted with more - sustained - objections from Chew was because it would look bad for the jury. She was horrible.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

DeeplyConcerned posted:

i'm far too cool to care about anything like the outcome of such a trial.

incidentally, does anyone know when the verdict is expected back?

Nobody knows except the jury.

STABASS posted:

anyone have the latest vegas odds?

As far as I know, betting on the outcome of court cases is illegal.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Cease to Hope posted:

Then surely you can list examples.

How about watching her cross examination? There's a ton of examples there.