Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

i remember when all this was fields
I'm sure we've all got one or two stories of mishearing certain lines from cannabis-themed cinema.

In "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle" (released here as "Harold and Kumar Get the Munchies", which I didn't know for years because I had torrented it), there is a scene where the titular Harold and Kumar are at a toll-booth, but taking too long to find correct change. For many years I believed that the husky angry man behind them shouted "Move, you fuckin' dwot!" or perhaps "Move, you fuckin' dwad!".
I learned years later that it was "twat", and that this is how the word is pronounced over there.

In "How High", in the establishing ten minutes of the film a character named "Ivory" has invited over a girl he met online; she is a fan of Kevin Costner movies so he has rented 'Dances with Wolves' and 'Field of Dreams'. She is shocked and angered by his new hair extensions and the soul-patch thing that has sprouted between his eyes. As she is indicating that she wants to leave, saying "I don't think this gon' work out", he (in an attempt to change her mind) explains that he has rented the aforementioned Costner films, to which (I thought) she said "Nookem...you are a wolf". I figured it was a pet name or something. Anyway I just watched it again a decade and a half later and it turns out it's the N-word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

You heard words slightly different than what they actually were, riveting content op

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
"Dan's not here, man"

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

Well if that's your attitude you're not getting my misheard Half Baked stories.

e: the only thing "half baked" is this thread idea you loving MORON

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Diorama posted:

Well if that's your attitude you're not getting my misheard Half Baked stories.

e: the only thing "half baked" is this thread idea you loving MORON

Can you post your haf baked stories

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

Well I'm not sure if this is misheard, it depends whether Thurgood Jenkins says "sweet cheeba" or "sweet chiva" when talking about the fact that he will never forget the first time he smoked.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
"You put the weed in there" - Brad Pitt, SNL

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
“gently caress it dude. Let’s go bowling.” – Walter (John Goodman)

I always thought he said BLOWING because Walter wanted to go suck the penis of other men

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

Isn't that more a stoner movie than a weed movie?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

"Abracadabra you're my only friend"

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
"Luke , Choose the Dark Side and hang out with me"

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
"Hello, Pompeii!" - Pink Floyd, Live in Italy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
when they re-released Star Wars 4 into theaters back in 98 or whenever it was, a bunch of us took mushrooms and saw it at midnight. anyway the line "i hope those new droids work out" sounded like "i hope those new drugs work out" hahahaha

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
When he's talking to the horse cop, I always thought he called it "Buttercunt" but actually, the dead horse is called "Butternut" :randpop:

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

Isn't it buttercup?!!

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I have a FASCINATING story about a misheard movie line but it wasn't from a weed movie so I guess it isn't appropriate for this thread

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Diorama posted:

Isn't it buttercup?!!

That's what I hear.

In Harold and Kumar, right before they girls play BattleShit, one says something like "I've got to take a trucker poo poo" or is it "I've got to take a tucker poo poo" because I know tucker Aussie slang for food.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
"Let's smoke this feed."

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I always thought n Half Baked when the scientist asks Dave Chappelle to go pick up his research weed Dave says “Sure, science tits, hold my mop,” but what he says is “scientist.” Boy was the egg on my face when I did that as a summer camp bonfire sketch.

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew
I always quote "Half Baked" with the Jon Stewart line about the stars. I say "Did you ever look at the stars... on weed, man?"

As it turns out, he says "You should check out the stars later, its really trippy... Especially on weed man"

Sort of needs the whole setup

Schlong Connery
Jan 20, 2014

Pika-Chew

precision posted:

when they re-released Star Wars 4 into theaters back in 98 or whenever it was, a bunch of us took mushrooms and saw it at midnight. anyway the line "i hope those new droids work out" sounded like "i hope those new drugs work out" hahahaha

lol
the gungan battle droid battle on shrooms on the big screen lmao

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
"We can't stop here. This is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest!"

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Oh Don Piano posted:

"We can't stop here. This is Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest!"

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that heard this.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
half baked

"don't stop the cypher/cycle" "bully/fully" I'm sure there's more. watch this space goons i may edit in more half baked examples.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Diorama posted:

In "How High", in the establishing ten minutes of the film a character named "Ivory" has invited over a girl he met online; she is a fan of Kevin Costner movies so he has rented 'Dances with Wolves'

fuuuuuck yooooouuuu for reminding me that Dances With Wolves exists :mad:

Diorama
Apr 18, 2006

Bonzo posted:

That's what I hear.

In Harold and Kumar, right before they girls play BattleShit, one says something like "I've got to take a trucker poo poo" or is it "I've got to take a tucker poo poo" because I know tucker Aussie slang for food.

I think it's taco shits, and I think they are British girls

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
We can't stop here this is dad country

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
"Dave? Sure, lemme go get him. Hang on"

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

For the longest time, I thought Craig's dad said "Don't nobody go in the bathroom for about 25, 45 minutes. Somebody open a window."

I re-watched Friday about 3 weeks ago and sure enough, he actually says, "Don't nobody go in the bathroom for about 35, 45 minutes. Somebody open a window."

I feel like a real dummy.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Haha the wizard called that wall a melon

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

"I used to suck duck for cuck." - Sagat

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

"Luke luuuuuker this am obi wankenboy ur my only hope oh oh ooh oooouuuushhhhooo I'm your father I'm byilding a bigger def star oopoppooooouuiuuu ya baby!"
-georg lucas

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Confession: It wasn't until the third time I saw Half Baked that I realized Chappelle was also Sir Smokes A-Lot.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?
Of all the big joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks off with mine

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

gleebster posted:

"Dave? Sure, lemme go get him. Hang on"

lol

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

"smoke wed every stay"

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
me and my friend took bong hits every time bane came on screen in the dark knight

that's my story

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

was that poo poo on his face a strapon bong?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

This is what happens when you gently caress a stranger in the rear end in the alps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

'Ughnnnn, ughnnn, I'M GONNA CUM'