Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

There's a new Battle Royale in town, and it's Vampire themed!

Better yet.. it doesn't SUCK

Come join us on the Royales with Cheese Discord
https://discord.gg/HA5FJUxpcN

Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/760160/Vampire_The_Masquerade__Bloodhunt/

Web
https://bloodhunt.com/en-us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3jnOtnK2wY

What's it like?

With that out of the way, here's the info lifted from Steam.

About This Game
Bloodhunt is a thrilling free-to-play battle royale game set in Prague consumed by a ruthless war between vampire factions. Use your supernatural powers to hunt and outsmart your rivals and Inquisition soldiers in this third-person action shooter. Gear up, feed on potent blood to grow in power, defy gravity to strike from anywhere, and dominate the night!

SUPERNATURAL WAR
Whether you prefer a sneaky surprise attack or dive straight into battle all guns blazing, choose your clan allegiance to define your playstyle with unique supernatural powers.

RUTHLESS DOMINANCE
Roam from the deadly streets to the rooftops of Prague preying on mortals to grow in power. Finish off or commit diablerie on every enemy that crosses your path to be the last one standing.

UNHOLY ALLIANCES
Hunt as a solitary predator in Single Player and Ranked game modes or rally your friends to join your three-player squad and go into visceral, fast-paced fights where teamplay and strategy are essential.

STYLISH PREDATORS
Create your most unique looks for rivals to remember you by. Customize your appearance with stylish outfits, timeless hairdos, piercings or tattoos, and show off your personality with looks that truly kill.

VAMPIRE: THE MASQUERADE LEGACY
Set in the World of Darkness universe, Bloodhunt draws from this grim version of our modern world where vampires hide in plain sight and fight against hunters, other vampires, and their own worst instincts, all while struggling to maintain The Masquerade.

COME JOIN US!

Into The Mild fucked around with this message at 13:34 on May 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...
This is definitely a decent game, despite it feeling a bit lacking on content. Rushing 3 Choleric resonance, finding a fire axe, and trying to rack up as a high of a melee kill count as possible is super fun.

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I've been playing this on and off. It's quite fast, which can be frustrating but also fun.

Right now melee is in a powerful spot, since it heals you and not a lot of people can get away from melee.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
It's.... okay. It's good. It's not bad. It's also a little 'eh', in terms of it offering very little original that you won't find elsewhere. But for the princely (ha) sum of $0, you can't go wrong.

Come play with us in Royales Discord!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
https://twitter.com/shroud/status/1521681383411707904?cxt=HHwWgMCj-f3JjJ4qAAAA

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

DropTheAnvil posted:

I've been playing this on and off. It's quite fast, which can be frustrating but also fun.

Right now melee is in a powerful spot, since it heals you and not a lot of people can get away from melee.

yeah that seems to be the go-to

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

added to the OP

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
The game owns. Love the art/audio design, depth of movement, gameplay speed, and overall just the raw brutality of it. The Bloodhunt gameplay mechanic (do not break the Masquerade) is well designed and executed too. Human NPCs occasionally getting stuck halfway through the ground or inside walls is basically the only reminder you get that you're actually playing Eurojank (outside of the very European setting, I mean).

Being the first PC shooter I've played in a couple of decades it's taken some effort getting used to the controls but it's getting there. Having lots of fun playing as Muse; this archetype complements hyperaggressive playstyles very well which I really wasn't expecting at first from a "healer" type of class.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

This game looks pretty sweet, I might move on from Apex and play this instead

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
I won a game last night as Enforcer. I'm pretty bad at this but I love the gameplay and setting. I usually get 0-3 kills. I'm glad ranked solo queue came out today so I can play with other bad people instead of Twitch sweatlords.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
we are playing games on our BR discord if anyone wants to join: https://discord.gg/6tQSB8Tp

not a huge community and mostly still playing pubg, but starting to put time in with bloodhunt.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
My new favorite future dead game

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Pontificating rear end posted:

My new favorite future dead game

I don't think it's going to die. Shroud seems to love it, that's a big marketing win for the developers

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

It's great but it needs a lot of quality of life stuff.

New player experience is tough, Things aren't explained well.

There's whole mechanics that are super important that just aren't anywhere.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
The onboarding might be the game's biggest issue. It's nice that they try to keep the tutorial short before letting people run off to fight but it skips over way too much. Maybe additional, optional tutorials or something could be added. A firing range like Apex has to try out how weapons work/practice recoil control without a Scourge Blades sweat up in your face would be really nice as well.

Maybe the journal covers what the tutorial skips, I don't know, but besides the average BR player probably not being up for reading page upon page of text explanations you also have to unlock these pages which seems to take quite a while. This is one area where the game's role-playing origin rears its grognard head.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Into The Mild posted:

It's great but it needs a lot of quality of life stuff.

New player experience is tough, Things aren't explained well.

There's whole mechanics that are super important that just aren't anywhere.

can we attempt to list these?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

This game is really fun, but am I blind or is it really difficult to tell the vampires apart from the civilians if you aren't standing right next to them? I play Prowler and have to rely on my ability and echolocation thing to tell the difference, since the vampires get highlighted red.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

tor_blackblood posted:

This is definitely a decent game, despite it feeling a bit lacking on content. Rushing 3 Choleric resonance, finding a fire axe, and trying to rack up as a high of a melee kill count as possible is super fun.

People keep trying to charge me with their melee weapon, when they get close, I just use my invisibility to dash right past them and shoot them in the back :)

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Been playing this quite a lot these last days and having a blast. Still no wins but a couple of 2nds and 3rds. My favorite load out right now is the silenced smg and a sniper rifle and playing it very slow.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Keito posted:

The onboarding might be the game's biggest issue. It's nice that they try to keep the tutorial short before letting people run off to fight but it skips over way too much. Maybe additional, optional tutorials or something could be added. A firing range like Apex has to try out how weapons work/practice recoil control without a Scourge Blades sweat up in your face would be really nice as well.

Maybe the journal covers what the tutorial skips, I don't know, but besides the average BR player probably not being up for reading page upon page of text explanations you also have to unlock these pages which seems to take quite a while. This is one area where the game's role-playing origin rears its grognard head.

This.

I'm not going to read text poo poo. I just wanna learn by playing.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I just had the dumbest moment in ranked... I watched 2 guys fighting and one of them knocked the other, I ran in to third party but then another guy third partied first, so I came in to 4th party. The 3rd party knocked the other guy, I killed the 3rd party guy and the first 2 guys were down. I decided I wanted to steal the kills so instead of finishing the knocked guys, I waited for them to get back up. Except they both got up at the same time, I knocked one again but the other guy killed me....

I felt so stupid :(. I should have just finished one guy so that I could have a 1v1 fight with the other. But also I didn't realize ranked only gives you 1 life. I hope they change it so you can have multiple lives, like in unranked. I really like that mechanic and I think it incentivizes people to play more aggressively rather than just camp

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Looks like the game is dead, taking for-loving-ever to find a match now :ohdear:

Game was fun, but had an incredibly loving stupid UI that made no sense.

"hey, you want to switch game modes? you can ONLY do it from one specific lobby and it takes a full minute to get to that spot after a game ends".

"hey, you want to switch your game/video settings? you can ONLY do it while the game is active, so that you are standing still messing with menus while people are potentially shooting at you, or from that same lobby that it takes a full minute to get transferred to".

"hey, you want to look at the different hero classes or change perks? Guess what?! :agesilaus:"

"hey, you want to change "swap weapons" to "mouse wheel up/down"? WELL TOUGH! It can only change to that option by some bug that does it randomly, not by actively choosing to do so"

I want to punch whoever designed the UI for this game in the face

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Seems to be quite stable in player count the last days? https://steamcharts.com/app/760160

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
ah man why isnt this on xbox :mad:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

DrunkPanda posted:

Looks like the game is dead, taking for-loving-ever to find a match now :ohdear:

Game was fun, but had an incredibly loving stupid UI that made no sense.

"hey, you want to switch game modes? you can ONLY do it from one specific lobby and it takes a full minute to get to that spot after a game ends".

"hey, you want to switch your game/video settings? you can ONLY do it while the game is active, so that you are standing still messing with menus while people are potentially shooting at you, or from that same lobby that it takes a full minute to get transferred to".

Just queue for a match and cancel, it throws you into elysium in 4 seconds

Or just smash whatever button it is to progress thru the end of round tally (I'm on ps5 so it's O)

Still dumb tho, I agree

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

ah man why isnt this on xbox :mad:
There's zero aim assist for Playstation peeps right now (even tho there's aim assist if you are using a controller on PC, I've heard lol), so the crossplay experience is about as loving horrible as you'd expect, especially in ranked

Getting my head exploded by dudes with the revolver over n over is something truly special lol

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

The other thing that's really starting to annoy me is how many loading screens this game has. Like just loving tell me when a match is about to start and then put me in the match. Don't put me through 3 minutes of loading screens beforehand. Why the gently caress is there a loading screen in between when you pick your hero and when you pick your drop spot and then ANOTHER loading screen before the match starts?!

If I have to wait 5 minutes for a match to start, give me some sort of indicator of that. Don't just leave me staring at the same screen the whole time wondering if my game froze

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 12, 2022

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Whooo I finally got my first victory in this game. Feelsgoodman . The game gave the "respawns have been disabled" message, literally less than 3 seconds after I died. Then in the final 3, the other 2 were chasing each other around while i shot at both of them un-noticed. One of them knocked the other and then I finished the last guy :). I got one kill the entire game and it was on the 2nd place guy :haw:

But is the prowler invisibility ability bugged or something? The game description says it makes you invisible, but everytime I use it, the enemy tracks my movement perfectly while I'm "invisible". I've been trying to use it to get behind them, but when I run towards them they look like they can see me the whole time

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

DrunkPanda posted:

Whooo I finally got my first victory in this game. Feelsgoodman . The game gave the "respawns have been disabled" message, literally less than 3 seconds after I died. Then in the final 3, the other 2 were chasing each other around while i shot at both of them un-noticed. One of them knocked the other and then I finished the last guy :). I got one kill the entire game and it was on the 2nd place guy :haw:

But is the prowler invisibility ability bugged or something? The game description says it makes you invisible, but everytime I use it, the enemy tracks my movement perfectly while I'm "invisible". I've been trying to use it to get behind them, but when I run towards them they look like they can see me the whole time

Have you ever played Apex? It's similar to Wraiths ability.

The Prowler Invisibility (Q) power leaves a small trail or a very hard to notice wisp that players can use to track them. Good players can use it to track you if you don't break LOS.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

AHHHHH PROWLER IS SO FUN TO PLAY!

I did the thing that was shown in the video of his abilities where he uses his bats around a corner and shoots the guy as he walks around it. Someone was chasing me, I turned the corner and put down my bats then domed him as he rounded the corner. It was magnificent

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Prowler with vanish max upgraded is so great. It feels like you can take every fight on your own terms. If somebody ambushes you, boom just use vanish and escape and they can't catch you, because the cooldown is so short. If you attack someone and hurt them, boom vanish and easily chase them down when they try to run. Somebody pops an ability? Vanish and make them waste it.

They should change the name to something like "super speed" though. It seems like the best way to use it is just to move faster. I was intially drawn to the ability because it says it makes you "invisible" but it really doesn't. The enemy still sees you, just as a wisp that is moving faster....

Somebody besides me say something in this thread! Why don't other people like this game!? :ohdear:

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
Umm, I like bloodlines, but most of my friends have been skeptical. When they play they say the downside is how fast you can die, and how some concepts aren't explained well (Escaping from Melee, The Masquerade). But once they play for a bit, if they can get over the Time to kill, they have enjoyed it.

Been busy, but thinking of writing a class guide. I could do a write up on the Muse/Siren

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

This game DOES have a lot of flaws but the things they are complaining about don't make sense.... It's pretty obvious when the masquerade gets violated considering there are big words right in the middle of the screen telling you what just happened.... and the time to kill is probably longer than any other BR game out there.

Unless they've been the victim of lovely matchmaking like I have recently, where the game puts you against level one million sweats that insta-headshot you from a mile away. That is getting really frustrating, I don't know if they are cheating or just insane at the game but I'm not even standing still and I still get insta peak headshot...

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Ok this game SERIOUSLY needs to cut down the players in each lobby by at least half. It is ridiculous that there are always 5 people in the vicinity wherever I am. Last game I played, someone spawned right next to me but happened to have an assault rifle spawn right next to them. So before I even get a chance to get a better weapon than my starting pistol he is already charging me and there's nothing i can do to win the fight. So stupid

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Oh god damnit....

I thought the reason enemy characters moved so fast and trying to climb things felt like trying to steer a boat was because the game was built that way... I just checked my video settings.... it was set to cap frame rate at 60 fps and all of the other graphics settings were set to max... what the hell...

No wonder the matches were so hard. I was getting super handicapped by the graphics settings. Why would the game default settings to 60 fps cap? :psyduck:

edit: nm, the game still feels really floaty like I'm driving a boat. It still feels oddly laggy even with increasing my fps and reducing graphics settings, it IS just the game, apparently. They should fix whatever is causing that though. Playing Apex feels SO smooth in comparison, and Apex is famous for having lovely servers

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 13, 2022

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Ranked mode has lovely queues from what I hear. I prefer the unranked solo mode myself. Ranked mode doesn't have the "lives" system, you just die and you are out. Unranked also has better queues.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Fallen Rib
Same, I’d have a hard time giving up the extra life. I also think it adds a bit of strategic depth to the game.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Arsonide posted:

Ranked mode has lovely queues from what I hear. I prefer the unranked solo mode myself. Ranked mode doesn't have the "lives" system, you just die and you are out. Unranked also has better queues.

I kind of want to play ranked so that I get enemies at my skill level, but I don't like the idea of not having additional lives. Unranked I feel like the SBMM isn't working well. I was rolling people the first couple days I played, so I know I'm not the worst player in the game. But the last couple days, I've been getting insta deleted by people across the map, consistently...

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I started playing Brute and he's pretty cool. But one thing they need to change is allow his shield to go through objects. I just died because I threw my shield at a guy and it just disappeared after .5 seconds because an edge of it touched a table that was on the ground.... that's some bs

Also I'm going to keep talking to myself until someone else comes into this thread to discuss this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I just played my 2nd ever game with Brute and got my highest kill total in this game. Would have gotten even more if I didn't get that drat reload bug when I got an enemy to 1hp while I was still full. And spent the next 5 minutes trying to reload my gun while he was shooting at me...

But I finally found a character that lets me play the game how I want. Just brainlessly jumping into enemies and then going "lol your bullets are useless" by throwing my shield at them and melting them with my gun while they are helpless :)

I don't like having to think when playing games. And this character lets me just go "oh 2 people are fighting? I'll just jump into the middle of them and kill them both" :haw:

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 15, 2022