Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Still mostly play the class with vanish, bats and where you can see the trace of very injured enemies. It’s so satisfying to hunt down someone who tries to hide behind a fence or a car and think they are safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Woop WOOP! Just beat my personal best in kills AND damage in like the 4th game of playing Brute. This character is lowkey busted AF, don't tell anyone though I dont want him nerfed :ssh:

10 elims & 3594 damage.

It SHOULD have been 11 kills and 3600+ damage. But 2nd place guy was a shameless coward.

The 2nd to final ring was in the train station area. There were 4 guys left. I killed the 3rd & 4th place guy and then final ring closed. I was super confused because I kept running around the whole arena and couldn't find 2nd place guy. Finally after a couple minutes, I realized that he was probably up on top and spent like another minute trying to get up there (only way to reach it based on the ring location was to use leap and jump up through the hole in the middle.

I managed to jump up there and he used his shockwave to push me back down. At that point, so much time had elapsed (like 3 minutes after the final zone closed) that the game initiated a control mode. So I went to the control point and captured it, while cowardly 2nd place guy stayed up on the roof until game was over

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Star posted:

Still mostly play the class with vanish, bats and where you can see the trace of very injured enemies. It’s so satisfying to hunt down someone who tries to hide behind a fence or a car and think they are safe.

Yeah, I mained prowler and he's decent, but Brute is better in every way. Vanish travels too short of a distance, Brute's leap is like 5 times the distance. Bats are decent but nowhere near as good as shockwave punch. Seeing the trail of injured enemies doesn't really help that much. You know the general area they are going to be and you can just press x and see exactly where they are with any character at that point. It's much more useful to just leap at them and press x if you know they are very injured, they will be highlighted bright red... Being able to see the trail of injured enemies WOULD be good if every character in the game DIDN'T have that echo location ability

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Is the difference between higher tier weapons & lower tier weapons just the amount of ammo in each clip or do they also do more damage?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Game's pretty cool. Turns out battle royales stop sucking poo poo when the time to kill isnt .1 seconds AND you have high mobility options

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Will this game have longevity? Battle royals tend to fizzle out after a month or two.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
hard to say. As BRs go it's pretty novel, as marketing for other V:tM stuff it's priceless and worth signal boosting even tho PDX isn't actually involved, but as a shooter it's floaty point and click silliness that's fun but without a lot of nuance, but that's most shooters. people are having matchmaking problems already, I think its bugs more than playercount - but if people are thinking 'games dead already' because they got the same MM bug I did that had me waiting for a ranked match for 40 minutes that's still bad news.

it's pretty decent, but not a standout fantastic game, but it's free and it's got some unique circumstances to it so it's longevity is up in the air. I give it a year and some change.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

ninjewtsu posted:

Game's pretty cool. Turns out battle royales stop sucking poo poo when the time to kill isnt .1 seconds AND you have high mobility options

Absolutely love the fact that they are introducing new mechanics to the genre. Like having multiple lives feels really loving nice. You aren't all stressed out about having your game ended by some burst of fire that you don't see coming.

This game feels a lot like the spiritual successor to Realm Royale. Another battle royale game that had introduced a lot of new mechanics to the genre. Am I crazy for thinking that? There's the aspect of supernatural abilities being a core game mechanic. People being able to upgrade their character by killing and taking a part of the enemy players (that chicken trophy thing and crafter in Realm, blood resonance in Bloodhunt). Also the fact that you can get back up from a knock if nobody finishes you within a certain amount of time.

I loved Realm Royale before the dumbass devs ruined it with that massive patch that turned the game on its head and screwed everything up

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 16, 2022

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Rockstar Massacre posted:

hard to say. As BRs go it's pretty novel, as marketing for other V:tM stuff it's priceless and worth signal boosting even tho PDX isn't actually involved, but as a shooter it's floaty point and click silliness that's fun but without a lot of nuance, but that's most shooters. people are having matchmaking problems already, I think its bugs more than playercount - but if people are thinking 'games dead already' because they got the same MM bug I did that had me waiting for a ranked match for 40 minutes that's still bad news.

it's pretty decent, but not a standout fantastic game, but it's free and it's got some unique circumstances to it so it's longevity is up in the air. I give it a year and some change.

That's odd that you had to wait that long for a match. Are you really high rank or something? I think most people aren't playing ranked because rank doesn't have the multiple lives system that unranked does. I really hope they add it to ranked though, I'm not going to play ranked otherwise.

In unranked, even in the dead of night (I was playing it at like 3 am last night lol), I only have to wait a few minutes for a match

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

wtf. I just discovered that if you are in a narrow area between 2 buildings, you can just keep wall bouncing off of them up to the top of the roof, like you're playing Ninja Gaiden or some poo poo. That's so cool. I found myself at 1 hp in the middle of like 4 guys, so I started panic jumping and unintentionally discovered that. Made my escape and ended up winning the game, eventually with my highest damage output yet :cool:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of

DrunkPanda posted:

That's odd that you had to wait that long for a match. Are you really high rank or something? I think most people aren't playing ranked because rank doesn't have the multiple lives system that unranked does.

It's definitely a bug I've had a few times, outside of ranked too. Usually if I leave queue and restart a few times it straightens out - but I don't usually sit around during MM, I use the downtime to exercise/do chores/shitpost, so I don't always refresh the queue.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Prowler + Choleric + Katana :pwn:

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Concurred posted:

Prowler + Choleric + Katana :pwn:

Right? I just used that combo for the first time and had like 15 kills with 8 people left in the game. Then I died to a guy that had like 17 kills, because I was already weak when he engaged the fight

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Why is there no report option for teaming?! I had to select "other", thinking that it would allow me to elaborate on what the problem was. But it didn't give me the option to even comment on the report.... So they don't even let us tell them why we are reporting???

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

DrunkPanda posted:

Absolutely love the fact that they are introducing new mechanics to the genre. Like having multiple lives feels really loving nice. You aren't all stressed out about having your game ended by some burst of fire that you don't see coming.

This game feels a lot like the spiritual successor to Realm Royale. Another battle royale game that had introduced a lot of new mechanics to the genre. Am I crazy for thinking that? There's the aspect of supernatural abilities being a core game mechanic. People being able to upgrade their character by killing and taking a part of the enemy players (that chicken trophy thing and crafter in Realm, blood resonance in Bloodhunt). Also the fact that you can get back up from a knock if nobody finishes you within a certain amount of time.

I loved Realm Royale before the dumbass devs ruined it with that massive patch that turned the game on its head and screwed everything up

realm royale was goofy as gently caress but helped mainstream the respawn/upgrade mechanics in a lot of current BRs. kind of like how apex came out and you could ping stuff in fortnight a month later

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

err posted:

Will this game have longevity? Battle royals tend to fizzle out after a month or two.

No. It definitely won’t, it’s got some nice ideas but hasn’t got the pizazz to capture people for long.

That’s not to dunk on it, it’s really quite nice to play, especially by the standards of most BR’s, just… there’s no reason for it to last.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

vanguard seems pretty undeniably the best class in most circumstances so far

might be a newbie crutch due to not being able to take as much advantage of the enhanced movement options everyone else gets but "you can't shoot me anymore" is an obscenely powerful button to have in any fire fight

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I just started playing Muse and noticed that she wraps her victim's arms around herself like they are making out when she sucks their blood. That's so cute :)

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Ok, the developers seriously need to loving spend some money to fix the drat servers or they're going to have a dead game really loving soon.

I love the actual game but I keep getting matches with the servers in Anarctica or some poo poo. it feels really aggravating when you have great loot, you are out aiming the poo poo out of your enemy but then you die because the game starts moving in stop motion speed

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I wonder how many times I have to without using guns before Sharkmob awards the mastery and give me the banner for it

it's says once but I'm on win number 2 with just a baseball bat

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021

err posted:

I think it will continue to persist, but won't have Apex Legends population.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

There seem to be a lot of settings for control stuff on ps5 but i havent found anything that doesn't feel like poo poo. Any tips on settings?

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

It makes me pretty mad that with the MYRIAD of problems this game has, the developers make a twitter post saying "HAY GUYS, WE MADE THE GAS MOVE FASTER IN RANKED, ARE YOU PROUD OF US?! :haw:". They don't get it and now I don't even care that the game is inevitably going to die within a couple months

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

DrunkPanda posted:

It makes me pretty mad that with the MYRIAD of problems this game has, the developers make a twitter post saying "HAY GUYS, WE MADE THE GAS MOVE FASTER IN RANKED, ARE YOU PROUD OF US?! :haw:". They don't get it and now I don't even care that the game is inevitably going to die within a couple months

The above is an easy tweak they can do server-side at any time, without requiring client patching/downtime.

When Sharkmob pushed out the May 4 patch they somehow managed to introduce the reload bug which IMO is the game's biggest problem at the moment; nothing feels worse than dying to an enemy because you reloaded your gun with empty mags three times in a row. I'm hoping they've learned from this and will be a bit more conservative in deploying updates in the future. It's better to push out well-tested code changes a bit later, than it is to go too fast and introduce more/worse problems than you set out to fix in the first place.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

FIX THE drat RELOAD BUG, IT CAN'T BE THAT DIFFICULT.

I was fighting a guy and got him down to 1 hp when I was almost full hp. Then I tried to reload my gun like 4 times and it just wouldn't work. After that he managed to down me and then started tbagging me. YOU DIDN'T EARN THAT TBAG, SIR! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THAT! I LOST TO A BUG, NOT TO YOU!

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Sounds like they've fixed it in the next patch, but also that this won't be dropping until next month:

https://bloodhunt.com/en-us/news/june-update-pre-patch-notes

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
Reading over the above patch notes again there's no mention of fixing the bug where you just continue to take red gas damage despite being far away from it. That one is super annoying too.

Except for annoying bugs though I'm still enjoying the game. Had my first 4.6k damage game some minutes ago which was some chaotic fun with the stinky character.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I feel like Prowler is kind of in an odd position where he's not that great in the early/mid game but in the final zone he is the best hero in the game (besides Enforcer who is rightfully getting a nerf next patch). Once the playing area is confined to a very small area, being able to go invisible, sneak up next to an enemy that has nowhere to run and just melee-ing them is extremely powerful.

I just won a game with Prowler where I had a Katana, killed the last 3 guys in the final zone by myself, since everyone was camping the edge afraid to initiate a fight. I just went ran up to them while invis and methodically slice and diced them one at a time. I also had a golden toggler that I didn't even bother breaking out in that final zone, the Katana was all I needed

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

DrunkPanda posted:

I feel like Prowler is kind of in an odd position where he's not that great in the early/mid game but in the final zone he is the best hero in the game (besides Enforcer who is rightfully getting a nerf next patch). Once the playing area is confined to a very small area, being able to go invisible, sneak up next to an enemy that has nowhere to run and just melee-ing them is extremely powerful.

Maybe I don't get it because I've only used Prowler twice or so but their skillset just seems inferior to Saboteur unless you have issues with tracking people. With Sab you get the same Vanish ability together with gas bombs that can be used both offensively/defensively. Having the ability to trap the confined spaces of the endgame circle is extremely strong and only "lol i'm invincible now" really rivals it in that kind of setting.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Keito posted:

Maybe I don't get it because I've only used Prowler twice or so but their skillset just seems inferior to Saboteur unless you have issues with tracking people. With Sab you get the same Vanish ability together with gas bombs that can be used both offensively/defensively. Having the ability to trap the confined spaces of the endgame circle is extremely strong and only "lol i'm invincible now" really rivals it in that kind of setting.

Prowler is also super good in triples, because full on marking targets when playing with randoms is often the only way to get people to work together.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Loving this game and joined their discord only to be a bit bummed with how ppl seem to be down it. A lot of crying about ranked queue times and hackers and a lot of "melee sucks plz remove it."

Think I've had my best matches as saboteur but I'm enjoying Muse too. Siren was cool but that flashbang takes so long to come out if they're decent you're dead. Everyone seems to think she's bottom tier though. Will try brute.

https://twitter.com/Bloodhunt/status/1529004352232472576?s=20&t=RmIPX1GQ97bTejuZN54z4g

DropTheAnvil
May 16, 2021
I'm liking the game as well, it has me hooked doing the dailies to get my battlepass complete.

I've won 5 as Siren, and then put the class to the side. The Sirens passive is nice to have, but not useful in a fight. The flash as well is hard to hit with, and has some inherent weaknesses that make the blind slightly less than useful.

Right now I've been trying to play as a Brute. It's a bit tough, as the travel power makes me play more aggressive, but also makes me noticeable.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
They've disabled ranked play until the patch hits in June.
https://twitter.com/Bloodhunt/status/1529372048555839488?t=IClZxtINEttFsHP7vHzuYA&s=19

They are going to have to do something about the aim bots / wall hacks at some point too. Hopefully adding aim assist for console players will make things a little more balanced, but it's an absolute trouncing playing on PS5 most of the time.

I've been headshotted from across the map on several occasions lol

Edit: it's not a great look that queue times for their ranked mode were sometimes taking up to an hour to find a match

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?

TheAgent posted:

They are going to have to do something about the aim bots / wall hacks at some point too. Hopefully adding aim assist for console players will make things a little more balanced, but it's an absolute trouncing playing on PS5 most of the time.
Honestly they should separate matchmaking by input type IMO. Controller and MnK users are fundamentally not able to compete at the same level so it's just unfair throwing them all together. The player base however likely isn't large enough to support this.

TheAgent posted:

I've been headshotted from across the map on several occasions lol
According to the developers there's apparently some bullet drop, but it's so minimal for everything except crossbows that snipers are for all intents and purposes almost hitscan weapons. It's not that unbelievable that someone could scope in and click on your head from afar if you stand still or move in a predictable path.

TheAgent posted:

Edit: it's not a great look that queue times for their ranked mode were sometimes taking up to an hour to find a match

Apparently there were several issues mixed together there making it look extra bad:

1. There's a bug where the game pretends to be matchmaking but isn't actually doing anything.
2. Crossplay was disabled for ranked after PS5 players complained about getting demolished by the PC crowd (which is fair),
3. Some regions just don't have the population to support ranked. Ranked matches are region locked unlike pubs.

Lastly I'll say that in my case I had no issues getting into ranked matches with <1min matchmaking but barely played it because I just didn't think it was very fun. Since the goal is to win and everyone is on their own with no chance to get back in the game if they're killed, it's just filled up with rats sitting around hiding and waiting. I think solos is just inherently not suited for a fun ranked mode and would rather just run around fragging in unranked solos then.

Maybe they should try again with ranked duos or trios instead where death isn't necessarily the end.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

Is it just me or did everyone besides the uber sweat lords abandon the game? Back when I was new (like a week into when I started playing), I was consistently able to get like 8 kills 3k damage (keep in mind, this was my AVERAGE, not my highest. My max was 12 kill 5k damage).

Now I am much better at the game from playing it a lot more and now a "good" game for me is like 3-4 kills. And it feels like any time I make any mistake, it's instant death

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
I don't know, in my experience the sweat level just seems to fluctuate randomly from round to round. Since there's no SBMM it completely depends on who's queuing up at the same time. Tonight seemed pretty chill compared to the middle of the week so maybe the weekend warriors logged on here.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Absolutely remember that there are npcs in the matches sometimes too, i forget that often lol. Not the Entity goons but vampire cultists or w/e

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

fuck starcraft

I had an awesome loadout last game. Gold revolver (my fav gun in the game), 2 armors, & a purp silenced smg. Then I tried to go grab the armor that was on that island next to harbor and missed my jump and got eaten by a shark :ohdear:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Tokubetsu posted:

Absolutely remember that there are npcs in the matches sometimes too, i forget that often lol. Not the Entity goons but vampire cultists or w/e
Haven't seen cultists in a match since the 2nd day after launch. Weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

TheAgent posted:

Haven't seen cultists in a match since the 2nd day after launch. Weird.

actually i think you're right, they get weaned out as you level? I just remember sometimes running into them